Will Donald Trump resign? Presidential historian predicts public support for Trump will collapse

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
Currently, 45-50% (depending on source agency of poll) of Americans believe Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office. This is a higher number than Richard Nixon had at this stage of his impeachment.

Donald Trump's approval/disapproval rating is 40-46%/52-56% depending on the poll.

Furthermore, Donald Trump's approval/disapproval rating among women is 37/63% and it's not getting better. Trump approval among women hits lowest point in more than a year: poll

Donald Trump may take the bone spurs option and cut and run to get a get out of jail free card from Mike Pence, who may himself face impeachment for his role in the Ukraine scandal.

Donald Trump is done for and his star will implode and turn into a black hole.

Presidential historian predicts public support for Trump will collapse

BY JESSICA CAMPISI - 11/30/19 08:11 AM EST 8,072

Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley on Friday predicted that public support for President Trump will collapse as House Democrats continue their impeachment inquiry against him.
ā€œIt just tells you what deep trouble Donald Trump is in. I mean, when you have 50 percent of the country wanting you not just impeached but removed from office, and the game hasnā€™t even gotten fast yet,ā€ Brinkley said Friday morning on CNN, where he serves as a contributor.
ā€œI think once the vote is taken by Congress to impeach him and heā€™s wearing the ā€˜Iā€™ on his chest, youā€™re going to see that movement grow even more,ā€ Brinkley predicted.
He added of Trump, ā€œIt tells you he doesnā€™t have a lot of friends. Heā€™s a base politician. He doesnā€™t know how to turn this around.ā€
Brinkley noted the successful campaigns of politicians from opposing parties that came after previous presidents faced political fallout.
"I think the Democrats might want to look at the way Jimmy Carter pulled off victory in 1976. He took the high road. He ran on saying, I will never tell a lie to you," Brinkley said. "He didn't have to say Nixon's lies or Lyndon Johnson's lies, just that I am clean, good governance coming your way if you vote for me."
Polling on impeachment has fluctuated in the nine weeks since Democrats launched their probe.
A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday found a slight shift in the president's direction on impeachment. That survey found 45 percent in favor of Trumpā€™s impeachment and removal, with 48 percent against it. That was a reversal from the poll's findings the previous month.
However, a CNN poll conducted after the first week of public hearings in the inquiry found that 50 percent of Americans said Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 43 percent said he should not be ā€” the same margin from a poll conducted in October.

Lol why would the greatest president that ever lived in the history of the world resign as president? Because little Democrats canā€™t handle Trump kicking your ass..

Currently, 45-50% (depending on source agency of poll) of Americans believe Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office. This is a higher number than Richard Nixon had at this stage of his impeachment.

Donald Trump's approval/disapproval rating is 40-46%/52-56% depending on the poll.

Furthermore, Donald Trump's approval/disapproval rating among women is 37/63% and it's not getting better. Trump approval among women hits lowest point in more than a year: poll

Donald Trump may take the bone spurs option and cut and run to get a get out of jail free card from Mike Pence, who may himself face impeachment for his role in the Ukraine scandal.

Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley on Friday predicted that public support for President Trump will collapse as House Democrats continue their impeachment inquiry against him.
ā€œIt just tells you what deep trouble Donald Trump is in. I mean, when you have 50 percent of the country wanting you not just impeached but removed from office, and the game hasnā€™t even gotten fast yet,ā€ Brinkley said Friday morning on CNN, where he serves as a contributor.
ā€œI think once the vote is taken by Congress to impeach him and heā€™s wearing the ā€˜Iā€™ on his chest, youā€™re going to see that movement grow even more,ā€ Brinkley predicted.
He added of Trump, ā€œIt tells you he doesnā€™t have a lot of friends. Heā€™s a base politician. He doesnā€™t know how to turn this around.ā€
Brinkley noted the successful campaigns of politicians from opposing parties that came after previous presidents faced political fallout.
"I think the Democrats might want to look at the way Jimmy Carter pulled off victory in 1976. He took the high road. He ran on saying, I will never tell a lie to you," Brinkley said. "He didn't have to say Nixon's lies or Lyndon Johnson's lies, just that I am clean, good governance coming your way if you vote for me."
Polling on impeachment has fluctuated in the nine weeks since Democrats launched their probe.
A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday found a slight shift in the president's direction on impeachment. That survey found 45 percent in favor of Trumpā€™s impeachment and removal, with 48 percent against it. That was a reversal from the poll's findings the previous month.
However, a CNN poll conducted after the first week of public hearings in the inquiry found that 50 percent of Americans said Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 43 percent said he should not be ā€” the same margin from a poll conducted in October.
Rather than use opinion polls - which as we know struggle to measure Trump's support - Moody's and others employ scientific models to predict the future, and every one I've read says Trump in 2020 ... BIGLY. No wonder the Dems are so hot to impeach.

Trump in a landslide? This historically accurate model predicts exactly that
According to Moodyā€™s Analytics, Trump is headed toward another four years in the White House. And, if the numbers are right, it wonā€™t even be close.
Earlier scientific modelers came to the same conclusion as Moody's.

3 forecast modelers predict Trump will win in 2020
The big picture: Trump wins all three modelers. Economists predict that the tailwind is large.
  • Ray Fair, a professor at Yale, "found that the growth rates of gross domestic product and inflation have been the two most important economic predictors ā€” but he also found that incumbency was also an important determinant of presidential election outcomes."
  • "Mark Zandi, the chief economist at Moodyā€™s Analytics, has looked at 12 models, and Mr. Trump wins in all of them."
  • "Donald Luskin of Trend Macrolytics has reached the same conclusion in his examination of the Electoral College."

The so-called "historian" is a monolithic moron and so are you for posting that nonsense.

Will Donald Trump resign?
So, Dems already gave up about their IMPEACHMENT and are trying to find them another entertainment? They just can't exist without constant Trump's presence in their useless lives.

Last edited:
Lol why would the greatest president that ever lived in the history of the world resign as president? Because little Democrats canā€™t handle Trump kicking your ass..
The more guilty Trump appears to be the more you sheep double down on your praise of him. Itā€™s a fascinating look at the caveman logic of being republican.

The more guilty Trump appears to be the more you sheep double down on your praise of him. Itā€™s a fascinating look at the caveman logic of being republican.
Guilty of what doing exact same thing every president in the history of the country has done?

JeopardyNever.jpg

This is a pure troll, right? Or maybe not.

I cut out from your post, becauser perhaps you are a fool....the following phrase:

"cut and run"

Referring to how Don Trump might extricate himself from the trap you deluded numbskulls believe Adam Schiff has him in----as he truns him over to, God help you poor half-wits----Gerald Nadler.

What about his first three years in office makes you think the man has any notion of a "cut and run", particularly from Adam Schiff and Gerald Nadler? He couldn't ask for more incompetent adversaries....not outside the Democratic Party field---which looks like the cast from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

He has put up with hell from the worst cutthroats in the Deep State and Pravdalike Media, and came back harder at them every time.

And you come up with: "cut and run"? Implying RESIGN?

You are either a Troll or Fool.

I think Fool.

Last edited:
Guilty of what doing exact same thing every president in the history of the country has done?
Even you has to see how insane it is to call Trump the best president in history. You sound like a goddamn third grader.

Well that settles that with the so called experts being right on so many of their predictions it must be so. After all they predicted Tump would not win the Republican nomination in 2016 that he woudln't win the Presidency they predicted if he did win we would have an economic collaspe we would be at war with either China, Russia or North Korea and that the Mueller investigation would show there was collusion with Russia. So when they get all that right there is basically no chance they could be wrong on this. Oh wait a minute they didn't get any of that right so maybe just maybe their predictions mean nothing.

in the history of the world?....look i know you have your mouth plastered to his sweet spot but lets not get carried away....

Do you really think that Donald Trump is a "quitter"?

Dream on, dude. You're living it, fer sure...

living-dream-im-fucking-living-it-784360.png

Even you has to see how insane it is to call Trump the best president in history. You sound like a goddamn third grader.
He is the best

He is the best
Youā€™re an idiot.

Forum List

Back