Wide-bodies splurging on Reb Lobster for endless shrimp date night is killing the company

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

831BChG.jpeg

Wait, endless shrimp is still a thing?

5A7AD4F8-08B4-4F6B-B868-C68621831B0C-694.gif

Meh, they are losing money because they went the way of Sizzler, and Olive Garden....Cheap crap that attracts the worst people.

The RL in my extended AO is more "vibrant" than a Waffle House at 0200. ;)

831BChG.jpeg

Meh, they are losing money because they went the way of Sizzler, and Olive Garden....Cheap crap that attracts the worst people.

I used to like going to Dead Lobster once in a while. PJ like the Alaskan King crab legs, but it got to where they usually only had snow crab. I liked the lobster but they seemed to get smaller. We have not been there in about a year.

Translated: Fat ass people eat too much and over-extend their welcome to all you can eat.
My brother survived college on all you can eat, smorgasbord type restaurants, while not having much food in the apartment, with two other poor starving college students.

My brother survived college on all you can eat, smorgasbord type restaurants, while not having much food in the apartment, with two other poor starving college students.
Exactly .. as a restaurateur .. you manage risk of all-you-can eat by sampling the average consumption across the eating spectrum. If Red Lobster has an issue .. they shouldn't offer it because they aren't coming out favorably on the bottom line.

831BChG.jpeg

Red Lobster suffered a similar fate when years back they put on the endless crab legs promotion. I think Darden, the parent company at the time almost bankrupted Red Lobster on account of it...

Ahh, the race card is out. Im shocked it took you 2 messages to play it.
How is that any different than your failed attempt to play it off on "southerners"? It's not. And FYI, we're packed to the rafters with negros down here in every major city as well...

In the last 6 years it went thru 2 new owners. Darden which also own olive garden sold the red lobster chain 6 years ago and the new owners failed. All you can eat shrimp was probably a last ditch effort to stay afloat.

I have always enjoyed red lobster and going to miss it.

Well .. you're the one who highlighted Texas with the two clustered areas (Dallas, Houston) in some lame attempt to pin the obesity on "Red States." Cheers!
The OP said obese people eat at Red Lobster.

I don’t think I ever said the word “obese” in this thread. I did point out that there are a shit ton of RLs in red states.

You played the race cards.

These are the facts and they are not in dispute.

Plain and simple, the food at Red Lobster sucks and they treat their employees like shit.

They need to go the way of the Dodo bird.

Forum List

Back