Why You Should Never Date a Girl With an Eating Disorder

Iceman

Rookie
Nov 4, 2013
BY AURINI · NOVEMBER 23, 2013

By now I’m sure that you’ve all heard about the drama surrounding Tuthmosis’ post 5 Reasons to Date a Girl With an Eating Disorder on Return of Kings – if you haven’t, just scroll down to the comments. HuffPo stumbled upon it, completely missed the satire, and thousands of self-entitled College girls decided that the appropriate response would be to start making death threats.

The opposite of Love isn’t Indifference, I guess, it’s Hate.

But the comments got me thinking: “Eating Disorders” – are they actually a thing? Because I’m confident that they are not – at least, not in the way most people think. The reality is that a girl with an “Eating Disorder” is a vicious and spiteful Schedule II case (usually a Borderline or a Histrionic), and while Tuthmosis is correct about them being demons in the sack, they’re demons outside of the sack, too; they are toxic people who should be avoided at all costs.

To explain why we’re going to have to delve into the pseudo-science which underlies much of modern Psychology.

Read Here:Why You Should Never Date a Girl With an Eating Disorder - Stares at the World

BY AURINI · NOVEMBER 23, 2013

By now I’m sure that you’ve all heard about the drama surrounding Tuthmosis’ post 5 Reasons to Date a Girl With an Eating Disorder on Return of Kings – if you haven’t, just scroll down to the comments. HuffPo stumbled upon it, completely missed the satire, and thousands of self-entitled College girls decided that the appropriate response would be to start making death threats.

The opposite of Love isn’t Indifference, I guess, it’s Hate.

But the comments got me thinking: “Eating Disorders” – are they actually a thing? Because I’m confident that they are not – at least, not in the way most people think. The reality is that a girl with an “Eating Disorder” is a vicious and spiteful Schedule II case (usually a Borderline or a Histrionic), and while Tuthmosis is correct about them being demons in the sack, they’re demons outside of the sack, too; they are toxic people who should be avoided at all costs.

To explain why we’re going to have to delve into the pseudo-science which underlies much of modern Psychology.

Read Here:Why You Should Never Date a Girl With an Eating Disorder - Stares at the World

Hi there...:)

I haven't yet read the article, but I intend to. When I read your post I wanted to respond, never hire a person with a known eating disorder either.

One of the best and most slender ( sexy ) physically beautiful hair stylist, I had working in my day spa, had an eating disorder. I had only heard of such a thing but had never known anybody with one.

She had moved to the lake to stay with her grandma as she was going through a divorce and wanted to make the 90 mile lake area, her new home. I hired her after seeing her styling abilities. She was well-groomed, well-spoken and softly friendly. She was likable and I wanted to give her an opportunity and hoped she would give my customers very sharp hairstyles. I knew they would bond with her, as a person. I would only have the most talented in my business and my customers trusted me to offer them the best.

I noticed the first few weeks, she would leave and bring back a lunch that would feed many hungry people. Large roasted chickens, salads, potatoes, desserts and she would eat all this in one setting. How could she be so slender???? :eek: :dunno:

I noticed she would make many trips to the restroom in-be-tween clients and she would stay for a long period of time, and so I began standing outside the door, calling her name and she would not answer and I started hearing strange sounds as in regurgitation.

I began to suspect an eating disorder but she denied it. I told her she can't work on a customer then go to the restroom for extended periods and back on the beautiful floor with people having to wait on her. She was so sweet and understanding, but it continued and I was baffled as to how to handle it. I called her grandma who told me she had almost died of a long time eating disorder and was there to try to turn her life around. She had left her husband and two very young children. :(

I was torn but had to give her a warning, after the talking-to didn't work. She repeated her addiction and as much as it tortured me, not to be able to help her, I packed up all her belongings and had them in her styling chair for when she came back from a supposed 2 day away trip to see the kids, that turned into 5 days away without calling me.

She walked into her station; looked at her supplies, neatly folded and packed; looked at me with tears in her eyes; picked everything up and left. I called her ( MY ) clients who had been waiting to hear from her to schedule an appointment and told them she was, unfortunately no longer with my business. I offered no explanation and the matter was personal.

Supposedly, she left the lake area, never to be seen there again.

Very sad, all that. A life ruined, trying to stay so slim and beautiful, that it was worth vomiting anything she put into her mouth and swallowed.

Karen Carpenter and so many other wonderful people have died due to this addiction.

• Banned
Like you said, they are self destructive people that have unsolved internal issues generally. They are generally passive aggressive and trying to have others take on their problems as well. It is best to avoid them in general as far as relationships go(personal or business).

Is it deadly? In it's extremes it can be. However, it is almost entirely a first world affliction, and I read somewhere more people die falling out of their bed each year than of eating disorders. I think it is a symptom of our culture.

This isn't to say it isn't emotionally harmful to the person with the disorder and those around them, but I am not sure I would call it a deadly affliction per say.

I find any serious discussion on the positives and negatives of dating women based mental health issues disturbing.

So what should we do?

So much for being a "truthseeker"

I don't know but all women are individuals and and it seems a little seedy to make a generalized judgment of a women as a unworthy crazy demon or desirable sexual nut. Guy talks one thing but...

I don't know much about the subject...eating disorders and such...but.... if a man is dating a woman with eating disorders why take her to a restaurant?

no

take her to a bar or dancing or to your place

not to a restaurant

I don't really give a fig but that's what I think anyway.

Forum List

Back