Why you can't believe the BIASED MSM... Russia oil isn't the primary cause of skyrocketing gas prices!

Who do you think controls these non federal lands?
Oh I agree!
Those filthy evil capitalists do.
So isn't it strange then that Biden wants to shut off exploration on Federal Lands that aren't controlled by the "evil" filthy capitalists? Isn't that what helps them "charge more" eliminating competition?
And I thought Biden was for the people? Oh and by the way,
According to BLM, federal onshore oil and gas leases generate about $3 billion annually in federal revenues, including royalties, one-time bonus bid payments, and rents.

Hmmm... so what happens to that $3 billion a year by Biden shutting down oil exploration leases?

Oh I agree!
So isn't it strange then that Biden wants to shut off exploration on Federal Lands that aren't controlled by the "evil" filthy capitalists? Isn't that what helps them "charge more" eliminating competition?
According to BLM, federal onshore oil and gas leases generate about $3 billion annually in federal revenues, including royalties, one-time bonus bid payments, and rents.

Hmmm... so what happens to that $3 billion a year by Biden shutting down oil exploration leases?
Oil men prefer not to drill on federal lands . Safety regulations have always been more stringent. Most oil wells are drilled on private land.

Oil men prefer not to drill on federal lands . Safety regulations have always been more stringent. Most oil wells are drilled on private land.
You make these totally unsubstantiated statements! Do you really think people believe YOU?
What do you do for a living that gives you the pomposity to make such outlandish statements without
PROOF?? I don't understand people like you! You provide NOTHING in the way of Proof!

You make these totally unsubstantiated statements! Do you really think people believe YOU?
What do you do for a living that gives you the pomposity to make such outlandish statements without
PROOF?? I don't understand people like you! You provide NOTHING in the way of Proof!
I was raised in the business and all my friends are still in the business. Plus I go back for a few weeks fairly often. I just know a lot more about the industry than you.

Now for the FACTS!!! And NOT from me but the very experts that deal with it!

When it comes to public lands and waters, though, oil and gas companies have accused the White House of not truly supporting their industry and aiming to curb production.

Ryan McConnaughey, spokesperson for the Petroleum Association of Wyoming, said the Biden administration has a “playbook” for federal development: “delay, distract and deflect.”

“It doesn’t come as much of a surprise that the Biden Administration’s approval of APDs [applications for permit to drill] has plummeted,” he said.

Kathleen Sgamma, president of the Western Energy Alliance, said the political focus on the drilling permits and leases already held by industry is a red herring from the White House.
“Just because Acme O&G isn't using a permit right away doesn't mean that ABC O&G doesn't need one for a well it's planning to drill now,” she said. “If the federal permitting situation weren't so inefficient and fraught with political interference, companies wouldn't need to request a large inventory even years in advance.”

"If the White House wants drilling to increase, they could ease regulatory requirements and speed up permitting, she said.

The permitting showdown is the latest of many disagreements over the federal oil program under Biden. When Biden came into office last year, he paused oil and gas leasing on federal lands and last fall published a report criticizing the program as antiquated and deferential to industry.

The leasing moratorium was overturned by a federal judge, but leasing has been slow to resume — and bogged down in continued legal wrangling. The outlook for new leasing in 2022 remains in limbo as Interior has said it will be difficult to move forward after a Louisiana federal judge blocked the use of an interim climate metric.

Meanwhile, Interior is developing regulations on oil and gas that will increase royalty rates and bonding requirements on federal leases, as well as impose new methane rules.

I was raised in the business and all my friends are still in the business. Plus I go back for a few weeks fairly often. I just know a lot more about the industry than you.
I don't believe you for one minute! If you were than you'd be able to provide PROOF like I've done! And I'm not in the business! GEEZ you with your "experiences" of all people should be able to prove your points! But all you did was further dig yourself by making "subjective" personal, non-science statements! Give me links.
I gave you statements by people that are in the industry! YOU??? Zero!

I don't believe you for one minute! If you were than you'd be able to provide PROOF like I've done! And I'm not in the business! GEEZ you with your "experiences" of all people should be able to prove your points! But all you did was further dig yourself by making "subjective" personal, non-science statements! Give me links.
I gave you statements by people that are in the industry! YOU??? Zero!
I lived in Arabia, Libya and Kuwait and still have family in the business. I have posted of links
You prefer tirades against the government and crackpot conspiracies.

I lived in Arabia, Libya and Kuwait and still have family in the business. I have posted of links

Well, you ARE Hamas, so that you have "family" living with the Wahabi extremists is no surprise. But you're Shiite and the Wahabi are Sunni - so eventually you'll kill each other. Aloha Snackbar.

The Dem news media is blasting out all sorts of high gas price excuses trying to find something that sticks. The latest is "oil companies are prices gouging". Oil company execs testified before congress and told stupid shit Dems exactly what would happen under Biden/Dem war on oil policies, check it out.

And that is still crap! I provide links. Substantiation. YOU zero!

Oh I agree!

shutdown? Biden issues more drilling permits than Trump did

The Dem news media is blasting out all sorts of high gas price excuses trying to find something that sticks. The latest is "oil companies are prices gouging". Oil company execs testified before congress and told stupid shit Dems exactly what would happen under Biden/Dem war on oil policies, check it out.

Yep.....the Dems want to turn the United States into Venezula....nationalizing their oil companies worked out real great for them too

Watching Sunday Morning on CBS today 3/20/22, the segment about why gas prices were so high was so blatantly BIASED...
but again what's NEW!
They attribute high gas prices to COVID, to profit gouging and oh their analogy of Biden's role... one wheel of an 18 wheeler!
Really? Certainly diminishes what Biden did on 1/27/21!

FACT 1:
Biden banned in just 7 days from taking office, the exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil/gas !

FACT 2:
Thomas Jensen, a partner at Perkins Coie LLP. “When the president and his entire leadership team has a uniform view of the urgency of the climate crisis, nobody down the food chain feels exposed when taking a hard line on these issues.”
The Biden administration has committed to cutting greenhouse gas emissions in part by curtailing oil and gas development on federal lands and waters, including on Alaska’s North Slope

FACT 3: The gross exaggeration by Psaki, et.al. regarding "9,000 leases"???
But there’s no guarantee that oil and gas exists on those leased lands—and even if they did,
some leases require a time-consuming environmental review before drilling permits can be issued, said Ann Navaro, a partner at Bracewell LLP.

At the end of 2021, there were 9,173 approved and available permits to drill on federal and Indian lands. Those permits include those issued under Biden and those still active from Trump’s administration and potentially before, said Josh Axelrod, of the National Resources Defense Council. Companies don’t have to immediately begin drilling as their leases last 10 years and can be extended beyond that.

“Companies sometimes hold leases as a bit of a mind game with their competitors, or even just because they didn’t properly assess the production potential prior to leasing due to lack of data or that sort of thing.”

So while Biden's number is correct. as politifact.org points out...
However, once the permit is approved, drilling doesn’t start overnight.

Your so-called fact no 1 is bogus. Biden ordered a pause in leases. Also you cannot say that because some oil is found on federal land then all federal land has oil. Of course Biden sold leases for the biggest tract in US history.

Here is the real Fact No 1: Pre-pandemic there were 805 oil rigs in operation. In July of 2021, that number fell to 251 due to the drop in demand. When Biden took office, the number stood at 381. In Feb 22, the number stood at 650. There are still around 150 oil wells that have yet to be re-opened. The question is why have the 150 or so wells that are closed still closed. It keeps the supply down and prices high. Oil companies have made more money than they have in 8 years.

Fact 2: Biden held a sale on the largest tract in US history. That is something he did not have to do. In addition, now that the judge that threw out the climate change rules has been overruled, the Biden Admi9nistration has said that sales of leases will continue.

Fact 3: Oil company executives have said that there is no rush to drill. They froze or cut exploration budgets when Trump was President. They are now saying that there is no rush to drill. Here is what CEOs are saying.
"
“Whether it’s $150 oil, $200 oil, or $100 oil, we’re not going to change our growth plans,” said the CEO of Pioneer, which is the largest oil producer in the Permian Basin, the key oil-producing area of the Southwest, said at a Bloomberg event last month. “If the president wants us to grow, I just don’t think the industry can grow anyway.”

Occidental Petroleum CEO Vicki Hollub has likewise said her company is focused paying back investors at the moment: “I feel now that we do need to return cash to the shareholders in the form of dividends or buybacks, especially during the better cycles.”

Fact 4: Psaki is correct and the article you link to proves Biden is not responsible for high oil prices.

"Pavel Molchanov, an analyst at Raymond James, told CNN Business that “oil and gas companies do not want to drill more.”

“They are under pressure from the financial community to pay more dividends, to do more share buybacks instead of the proverbial ‘drill, baby, drill,’ which is the way they would have done things 10 years ago. Corporate strategy has fundamentally changed.

Experts also suggested that drilling domestically is more costly than drilling overseas, which could further deter oil companies in the U.S. from upping production.

“While the cost to extract one barrel in Saudi Arabia is somewhere around $10 or $15, in West Texas it can be as high as $70,” Gernot Wagner, an associate professor of environmental studies at New York University, told PolitiFact. “So it simply wasn’t profitable to drill with oil below $70. With oil at $120 or more, drilling there is wildly profitable.”

They are confirming that oil companies do not want to drill more and the days of cheap gas may be over. Even if more leases were made available, it may not result in more oil.

All that (from both sides) matters shit-all as long as gas remains at over $4.00 a gallon, food prices keep rising, and inflation out-paces wage growth.....That's the point where the voters say FU to whatever administration is in charge. They won't bother with thinking things to death, the dems are toast.

If they don't this country will then resemble Russia more than the US. Our democracy will b e over.

No one believes the gaslight media.

{
  • 9% in U.S. trust mass media "a great deal" and 31% "a fair amount"
  • 27% have "not very much" trust and 33% "none at all"
  • The percentage with no trust at all is a record high, up five points since 2019}

Only 1 in 10 is stupid enough to believe the gaslight media.

During the Trump years, they did not trust the news media but they trusted the news media more than they did Trump.

I remember when Trump proposed drilling off the US east coast. Republican governors in Florida, Georgia and SC joined democrats in NC and Virginia in opposing this. They don't trust the oil industry either.

Forum List

Back