Why we shouldn't allow gay marriage.

Why should gay couples have to jump through extra hoops to get what married couples get? Consider the situation if intestate. When a partner in a married couple dies without a will, part of the estate goes to the remaining partner. When a partner in a gay relationship dies without a will, none of the estate goes to the remaining person.

For information on another issue concerning gay couples, read this old story:

http://www.gayhealth.com/templates/...ciety/legal?record=738&trycookie=1?record=738

You have to jump through more hoops to get married than to write up a will or give someone power of attorney.

You have to jump through more hoops to get married than to write up a will or give someone power of attorney.

I disagree. The process that my wife and I took was very easy. Go to a government office and sign some paperwork. In fact, I think that we only had to sign one piece of paper. My point still stands. There is a double standard when it comes to married couples and heterosexual couples. While married couples can neglect to do certain things, their marriage license covers them. A gay couple has to make extra sure that they have wills and that they sign for each other as power of attorney. They have to sign special papers at the hospital. Most typical married couples don’t have to do those things.

That's just your opinion. Mine is that they would be a danger to my children by promoting their lifestyle as normal and healthy and all that, when clearly it is not, and their choice damns them forever in the flames of Hell. So IMO the danger is far worse.

Okay. You think that it is more dangerous to have a gay couple as neighbors than to have a drunk driver. I think that it would be more dangerous to have a drunk driver than a gay couple. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Forum List

Back