What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Washington Doesn't Listen?

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
CNN reported that there are "more than 37,000 registered lobbyists. The Christian Science Monitor reports "39,402. In this country they are spending billions each year buying the votes of people who are suppose to be representing us. It is estimated that the number of lobbyists have increased 10 fold in last 20 years.

Our elected representatives can't hear us because the lobbyist money just speaks too loudly.
Legislation limiting lobbying is long overdue. There is no legislation more important than this.

uscitizen

Reaction score
Ban all paid lobbyists. they can still lobby just not be paid for it and all lobbyist meetings with lawmakers must be recorded and public domain.

This would pretty well fix the problem and not deny any first ammendment rights.

OP
Flopper

Flopper

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I just don't know how it would ever get passed legislators that reply on lobbyist contributions to their campaign.

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Reaction score
CNN reported that there are "more than 37,000 registered lobbyists. The Christian Science Monitor reports "39,402. In this country they are spending billions each year buying the votes of people who are suppose to be representing us. It is estimated that the number of lobbyists have increased 10 fold in last 20 years.

Our elected representatives can't hear us because the lobbyist money just speaks too loudly.
Legislation limiting lobbying is long overdue. There is no legislation more important than this.

And here I thought it was because they couldn't hear us over the din of the Tea Baggers shouting "******" and "Faggot"?

uscitizen

Reaction score
I did not realize that we had that many ex congresspersons and exmilitary officers still alive?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah heaven forbid we be allowed to speak to our politicians. we have to ban that in order for them to hear us.

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah heaven forbid we be allowed to speak to our politicians. we have to ban that in order for them to hear us.

Calling our members of Congress "*******" and "faggots" and then spitting on them, helps advance your agenda, how exactly? And just what would that agenda look like?

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List