Why was the tea party started?

When Obama signed the Stimulus Bill, he lit the match that launched the Tea Party movement.

He ran as a moderate, and claimed he would get rid of pork. The stimulus alienated both fiscal conservatives and independents who voted for him as someone who would get rid of politics as usual. It has nothing to do with his race.

I am sure you were out there protesting Bush when he was spending insanely, righty?

Uhhhh.. retard... many of us conservatives were very outspoken against Bush's spending, governmental expansion, and non-conservative economic policies

nice try

so there were tea bag rally's then? I have never, EVERY heard Hannity EVER say anything bad about Bush, ever. EVER! Do you watch fox or hannity? (If you dont watch fox, dont harp on this as your only response, that is too typical).

You started a tea bag rally back in Bush's day? Remember the Dixie chicks? (By the way, they were 100% correct). Back then, if you said anything negative against that murderer Bush, you were considered a traitor to this country.

I DIDNT SEE YOU PROTESTING BUSH!

1) Bush is not a murderer.. but nice attempt at typical left wing myth making
2) No I do not listen to entertainment shows such as Hannity or Rush or whatever else..
3) No I am not a FNC watcher... we have CNN on the big screen at work and I watch local news before going to work on the train
4) When someone would wrongfully call Obama a murderer, I would not stand for that either.. just as when people started the myth rhetoric with their Bush Derangement Syndrome.. and I certainly, as a vet, do not support some of the nasty language that was being used against our troops and the war effort
5) I did in fact call out and was against overspending by Bush and his refusal to reduce government... though this does not make me wish that I had voted for either of the worse choices in Gore or Kerry in the elections containing Bush

And finally... it is hard for you to see clearly with your head continually stuck so far up your hyper-partisan winger ass

When Obama signed the Stimulus Bill, he lit the match that launched the Tea Party movement.

He ran as a moderate, and claimed he would get rid of pork. The stimulus alienated both fiscal conservatives and independents who voted for him as someone who would get rid of politics as usual. It has nothing to do with his race.

Your mix of metaphores makes me sad.

It seems to me a Unified Metaphore, combining Stimulus, Lit Matches, Luanching, and Pork is needed.

..... a nude BBQ on a sail boat.....?

Up until that passed I thought "maybe, just maybe this guys is different". But when that thing got shoved threw with nary anyone reading it . . . . hammer time.

People are sick of and pissed at big government, regardless of which party it is.

I know, "but Booosh". :rolleyes: Booosh was bad but apparently not quite bad enough. It took an Obama to fill that void and fill it he did . . . whether we like it or not.

I am sure you were out there protesting Bush when he was spending insanely, righty?

Uhhhh.. retard... many of us conservatives were very outspoken against Bush's spending, governmental expansion, and non-conservative economic policies

nice try

so there were tea bag rally's then? I have never, EVERY heard Hannity EVER say anything bad about Bush, ever. EVER! Do you watch fox or hannity? (If you dont watch fox, dont harp on this as your only response, that is too typical).

You started a tea bag rally back in Bush's day? Remember the Dixie chicks? (By the way, they were 100% correct). Back then, if you said anything negative against that murderer Bush, you were considered a traitor to this country.

I DIDNT SEE YOU PROTESTING BUSH!

No there wasn't a tea party rally at that time because at that time one/sixth of our economy wasn't in jeopardy.

You didn't see all the "Kill Bush" signs or signs like this one?

bushhitlerberk.jpg

Last edited:
It was started b/c a Black President was elected. Let's get real and tell the truth and quit beating around the bush. Obama is a Black man and White people do not give a damn that he had a White mother or White grandparents. The only important thing to them is that he has Black blood. Be it Muslim, African, Haitian does not matter it's BLACK and that's enough to degrade him as a human being. Am I right? Therefore he is being called names such as the Anti-Christ and shown with clown faces and although he has young daughters the people who give him labels such as these could care less about how it affects his children. Afterall, they are BLACK too...if you are White why should you give a damn what you say about their father and how it makes them feel, right?

Congratulations--- you just won a first prize membership into ( The Nit Wit Liberal Loon Nut Club) please submit a recent photo of yourself so we can all see what " stupid," looks like. :cuckoo:

There are 37 BLACK CONSERVATIVES running for congress this year and we, the tea party, are in full support of them. Ryan Frazier for Colorado is one of them.:cuckoo:

The statistics don't support that independent being disenfranchised was the catalyst for the "Tea Party Movement".

The majority of the members consider themselves republicans.

Even if we accept your statement as fact, then why didn't the thing kick off when Bush bailed out the banks?* The timeline is just a bit too convenient.

*I credit Bush for doing that. It would have been easy to let it fester and land on Obama's lap, but that's not what he did.

Last edited:

Up until that passed I thought "maybe, just maybe this guys is different". But when that thing got shoved threw with nary anyone reading it . . . . hammer time.

People are sick of and pissed at big government, regardless of which party it is.

I know, "but Booosh". :rolleyes: Booosh was bad but apparently not quite bad enough. It took an Obama to fill that void and fill it he did . . . whether we like it or not.

You honestly thought that Obama was going to govern as a fiscal conservative?

Yes, and if you took the time to read the stimulus bill you would see clearly that this stimulus bill had absolutely nothing to do with creating jobs. It's nothing more than a slush fund for state governments, more goverment hiring, little supervison on where it is spent and a total and complete waste of the tax payer dollar.

Ex: 50 million went to break up fish barriers:lol::lol: that's a couple of guys, temp workers, breaking up beaver damns.

Ex: 5 million went to repave a BIKE trail, the company who is doing the job hired 3 TEMPORARY workers. That was your shovel ready job.:lol::lol:

Ex. More money went to the Arts and Humanities than it did to small business and small business employs 76% of Americans.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Money went to congressional districts that DON'T EXIST.

Need more info???? There is a boat load of it, just google stimulus bill.

Yes, and if you took the time to read the stimulus bill you would see clearly that this stimulus bill had absolutely nothing to do with creating jobs. It's nothing more than a slush fund for state governments, more goverment hiring, little supervison on where it is spent and a total and complete waste of the tax payer dollar.

Ex: 50 million went to break up fish barriers:lol::lol: that's a couple of guys, temp workers, breaking up beaver damns.

Ex: 5 million went to repave a BIKE trail, the company who is doing the job hired 3 TEMPORARY workers. That was your shovel ready job.:lol::lol:

Ex. More money went to the Arts and Humanities than it did to small business and small business employs 76% of Americans.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Money went to congressional districts that DON'T EXIST.

Need more info???? There is a boat load of it, just google stimulus bill.

So, did you take the time to actually read the whole bill, or just the talking points?

I accept that our system isn't perfect under either party and that we will never have a fully efficient system and that money is going to be lost to pork no matter what.

The American people have a pretty solid history of hating pork, except when it benefits their district. Then they love it. Thus, the complaints about pork can basically be reduced to "I am mad the other guy got it and not me".

Therefore, when you look beyond that and see the economy is starting to bounce back, it seems the stimulus bill is doing exactly what it was supposed to do.

I, by the way, did not read the bill.

The statistics don't support that independent being disenfranchised was the catalyst for the "Tea Party Movement".

The majority of the members consider themselves republicans.

Even if we accept your statement as fact, then why didn't the thing kick off when Bush bailed out the banks?* The timeline is just a bit too convenient.

*I credit Bush for doing that. It would have been easy to let it fester and land on Obama's lap, but that's not what he did.

That is incorrect. A recent Gallup survey shows 51% of Tea Party supporters as being Independents and Democrats.

The TARP bailout under Bush (which many conservatives opposed btw) was set up to be loans, the repayment of which would be used for deficit reduction. It was not intended to permanently expand the size of government. This aspect enabled some fiscal conservatives to hold their noses due to the financial distress the country faced. There is also the lame duck aspect to consider regarding Bush - and the excitement of an election. People were ready to wait to see how Obama would handle things upon his inauguration.

He crossed the line with the stimulus. Despite its name, it was mostly designed for transfer payments and to prop up government programs. Closely on its heals, the March 2009 Omnibus spending bill was signed by Obama. That bill was full of earmarks, which he had campaigned against. He signed it anyway - and hence the erosion of his approval rating, with special emphasis on the loss of support of independents.

You CON$ just make this crap up out of thin air to rationalize your pure hate.

Obama signed the stimulus bill Feb 17, 2009. The tea party movement was already in progress BEFORE Obama was even sworn in.

From Wikipedia:
On January 19, 2009, Graham Makohoniuk, a part-time trader and a member of Ticker Forum, posted a casual invitation on the market-ticker.org forums to "Mail a tea bag to congress and to senate".[32] The idea quickly caught on with others on the forum, some of whom reported being attracted to the inexpensive, easy way to reach "everyone that voted for the bailout."[33]
Forum moderator, Stephanie Jasky helped organize the group and worked to "get it to go viral."[34] Jasky is also the founder and director of FedUpUSA - a fiscally conservative, non-partisan activist group that describes themselves as "a group of investors" who sprung out of the market-ticker.org forums.[35] The group had previously held DC protests in 2008.[36][37] On January 19, 2009, Jasky had posted a formal invitation "to a commemorative tea party."[38] She suggested they all send tea bags on the same day (February 1, 2009) in a coordinated effort.[34]
The founder of market-ticker.org, Karl Denninger (stock trader and former CEO),[39] published his own write-up on the proposed protest, titled "Tea Party February 1st?," which was posted in direct response to President Obama's innauguration occurring on the same day

That is incorrect. A recent Gallup survey shows 51% of Tea Party supporters as being Independents and Democrats.

Link?

I know many moderate and conservative Democrats. I don't know a single one of them that participates in the "tea parties".

This is where I am getting my information:
Tea Party Demographics: White, Republican, Older Male with Money
Several polls are now out, assessing the demographics of the Tea Party Movement that largely agree the majority of its members are Republican, largely white, above the mean in age and income and voted for John McCain.

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated - NYTimes.com
Who are the Tea Party activists? - CNN.com

The TARP bailout under Bush (which many conservatives opposed btw) was set up to be loans, the repayment of which would be used for deficit reduction. It was not intended to permanently expand the size of government. This aspect enabled some fiscal conservatives to hold their noses due to the financial distress the country faced. There is also the lame duck aspect to consider regarding Bush - and the excitement of an election. People were ready to wait to see how Obama would handle things upon his inauguration.

He crossed the line with the stimulus. Despite its name, it was mostly designed for transfer payments and to prop up government programs. Closely on its heals, the March 2009 Omnibus spending bill was signed by Obama. That bill was full of earmarks, which he had campaigned against. He signed it anyway - and hence the erosion of his approval rating, with special emphasis on the loss of support of independents.

It's all too convenient to me to accept. Plus, you have the actual words of people that were in on the teabag thing from early on:

Even without the label, some now-familiar elements of the tea party movement were present that day in Fort Myers: citizen outrage at federal spending, some coaching from a national conservative organization and the validating presence of cable TV cameras.

"It was actually the first protest of President Obama's administration that we know of. It was the first protest of what became the tea party movement," said Brendan Steinhauser, the director of state and federal campaigns for FreedomWorks.

FreedomWorks, chaired by lobbyist and former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey, has been an influential presence in the tea party movement, offering training and advice and maintaining contact with thousands of activists across the nation.

Woman's year-ago protest launched tea party movement in Florida

Oh, look! Dick Armey's name popped up again!

You CON$ just make this crap up out of thin air to rationalize your pure hate.

Obama signed the stimulus bill Feb 17, 2009. The tea party movement was already in progress BEFORE Obama was even sworn in.

From Wikipedia:
On January 19, 2009, Graham Makohoniuk, a part-time trader and a member of Ticker Forum, posted a casual invitation on the market-ticker.org forums to "Mail a tea bag to congress and to senate".[32] The idea quickly caught on with others on the forum, some of whom reported being attracted to the inexpensive, easy way to reach "everyone that voted for the bailout."[33]
Forum moderator, Stephanie Jasky helped organize the group and worked to "get it to go viral."[34] Jasky is also the founder and director of FedUpUSA - a fiscally conservative, non-partisan activist group that describes themselves as "a group of investors" who sprung out of the market-ticker.org forums.[35] The group had previously held DC protests in 2008.[36][37] On January 19, 2009, Jasky had posted a formal invitation "to a commemorative tea party."[38] She suggested they all send tea bags on the same day (February 1, 2009) in a coordinated effort.[34]
The founder of market-ticker.org, Karl Denninger (stock trader and former CEO),[39] published his own write-up on the proposed protest, titled "Tea Party February 1st?," which was posted in direct response to President Obama's innauguration occurring on the same day

That's a bingo!

Link?

I know many moderate and conservative Democrats. I don't know a single one of them that participates in the "tea parties".

This is where I am getting my information:
Tea Party Demographics: White, Republican, Older Male with Money
Several polls are now out, assessing the demographics of the Tea Party Movement that largely agree the majority of its members are Republican, largely white, above the mean in age and income and voted for John McCain.

Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated - NYTimes.com
Who are the Tea Party activists? - CNN.com

It's all too convenient to me to accept. Plus, you have the actual words of people that were in on the teabag thing from early on:

Even without the label, some now-familiar elements of the tea party movement were present that day in Fort Myers: citizen outrage at federal spending, some coaching from a national conservative organization and the validating presence of cable TV cameras.

"It was actually the first protest of President Obama's administration that we know of. It was the first protest of what became the tea party movement," said Brendan Steinhauser, the director of state and federal campaigns for FreedomWorks.

FreedomWorks, chaired by lobbyist and former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey, has been an influential presence in the tea party movement, offering training and advice and maintaining contact with thousands of activists across the nation.

Woman's year-ago protest launched tea party movement in Florida

Oh, look! Dick Armey's name popped up again!

You can continue to post your misinformation - but it doesn't make it true.

Rick Santelli's rant on CNBC on 2/19/09 rallied people across the country to protest the Stimulus Bill. The news about the Porkulus Protest in Seattle a few days before inspired people across the country to emulate that effort.

But you lefties can't grok the concept that conservative are not part of a BORG like organization similar to what guides our ideology.

It was started b/c a Black President was elected. Let's get real and tell the truth and quit beating around the bush. Obama is a Black man and White people do not give a damn that he had a White mother or White grandparents. The only important thing to them is that he has Black blood. Be it Muslim, African, Haitian does not matter it's BLACK and that's enough to degrade him as a human being. Am I right? Therefore he is being called names such as the Anti-Christ and shown with clown faces and although he has young daughters the people who give him labels such as these could care less about how it affects his children. Afterall, they are BLACK too...if you are White why should you give a damn what you say about their father and how it makes them feel, right?
Gee, this is fun, let me re-phrase...

The REAL Modern Tea Party Movement, back in December 2007, was started by the Ron Paul Revolution because a WHITE President was elected. Let's get real and tell the truth and quit beating around the Bush (pun). George W. Bush is a WHITE man and minorities do not give a damn that he was born into a white family. The only important thing to them is that he has White blood. Be it Anglo or any other European descent it does not matter it's WHITE and that's enough to degrade him as a human being. Am I right? Therefore he is being called names such as Anti-Christ and has a ton of conspiracy theories hurled at him, such as the Troofer stuff. He is shown with clown faces, "WORLD'S #1 TERRORIST," and they could care less about his family image. After all, they are WHITE too...if you're a minority or a white that hates Bush why should you give a damn about what you say about him and how it may make his family feel, right?

Gee, this two-sides of the same coin paradigm construct is fun!

You can continue to post your misinformation - but it doesn't make it true.

Unlike you, my information is cited.

So before you whine about "misinformation", perhaps you should whip out a link to support your claims.

Rick Santelli's rant on CNBC on 2/19/09 rallied people across the country to protest the Stimulus Bill. The news about the Porkulus Protest in Seattle a few days before inspired people across the country to emulate that effort.

But you lefties can't grok the concept that conservative are not part of a BORG like organization similar to what guides our ideology.

"BORG" is the new insult du joir for those of us who mock teabaggers. Noted.

So, Rick Santelli is so charismatic that he created the whole movement with a single rant? Well, someone buy that man a beer!

But he's not the leader, correct? The movement has no leader?

Gee, this is fun, let me re-phrase...

The REAL Modern Tea Party Movement, back in December 2007, was started by the Ron Paul Revolution because a WHITE President was elected. Let's get real and tell the truth and quit beating around the Bush (pun). George W. Bush is a WHITE man and minorities do not give a damn that he was born into a white family. The only important thing to them is that he has White blood. Be it Anglo or any other European descent it does not matter it's WHITE and that's enough to degrade him as a human being. Am I right? Therefore he is being called names such as Anti-Christ and has a ton of conspiracy theories hurled at him, such as the Troofer stuff. He is shown with clown faces, "WORLD'S #1 TERRORIST," and they could care less about his family image. After all, they are WHITE too...if you're a minority or a white that hates Bush why should you give a damn about what you say about him and how it may make his family feel, right?

Gee, this two-sides of the same coin paradigm construct is fun!

So what you do you Paul people think about the GOP taking over your tea party idea and basically co-opting it?

Forum List

Back