Why was the cure for homosexuality defended?

The bottom line (no pun intended) is this --

If anything is a pain in the azz then you are doing it all wrong !!

People can't "turn" straight or gay, so any bullying just drives people underground. The fucking Communists persecuted those who were religious and attempted to stomp out religion. Did they succeed? No, they just drove it underground.
What does religion have to do with queers? Why do you freaks always try to point attention elsewhere when your sickness is exposed?
Actually, religion has quite a lot to do with your antediluvian vies of homosexuality:

In the early Middle Ages the Christian Church ignored homosexuality in secular society; however, by the end of the 12th century hostility towards homosexuality began to emerge and spread through Europe’s secular and religious institutions. There were official expressions condemning the "unnatural" nature of homosexual behavior in the works of Thomas Aquinas and others. Until the 19th century, homosexual activity was referred to as "unnatural, crimes against nature", sodomy or buggery and was punishable by law, sometimes by death.[ Homosexuality and psychology - Wikipedia

So you see, your living in the 12th century!!

As people became more interested in discovering the causes of homosexuality, medicine and psychiatry began competing with the law and religion for jurisdiction. In the beginning of the 19th century, people began studying homosexuality scientifically. At this time, most theories regarded homosexuality as a disease, which had a great influence on how it was viewed culturally.[6

Then came the modern era which, sadly, you are not a part of:

The social, medical and legal approach to homosexuality ultimately led for its inclusion in the first and second publications of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM). This served to conceptualize homosexuality as a mental disorder and further stigmatize homosexuality in society. However, the evolution in scientific study and empirical data from Kinsey, Evelyn Hooker and others confronted these beliefs, and by the 1970s psychiatrists and psychologists were radically altering their views on homosexuality. Tests such as the Rorschach, Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) and the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) indicated that homosexual men and women were not distinguishable from heterosexual men and women in functioning
This cannot be true simply for example the moosleems are anti-gay by religion however as teens they are all gay.

So religion has nothing to do with it.

Homosexuality is cause by exposure to other homosexuals.

It is like any other contagious disease.
Islam is an Abrahamic religion like Judaism and Christianity. Same roots, different branch of the same tree.
Abraham was a mythical character invented by Moses and plagiarized by Akmed.
You were there, liar?

People can't "turn" straight or gay, so any bullying just drives people underground. The fucking Communists persecuted those who were religious and attempted to stomp out religion. Did they succeed? No, they just drove it underground.
What does religion have to do with queers? Why do you freaks always try to point attention elsewhere when your sickness is exposed?
Actually, religion has quite a lot to do with your antediluvian vies of homosexuality:

In the early Middle Ages the Christian Church ignored homosexuality in secular society; however, by the end of the 12th century hostility towards homosexuality began to emerge and spread through Europe’s secular and religious institutions. There were official expressions condemning the "unnatural" nature of homosexual behavior in the works of Thomas Aquinas and others. Until the 19th century, homosexual activity was referred to as "unnatural, crimes against nature", sodomy or buggery and was punishable by law, sometimes by death.[ Homosexuality and psychology - Wikipedia

As people became more interested in discovering the causes of homosexuality, medicine and psychiatry began competing with the law and religion for jurisdiction. In the beginning of the 19th century, people began studying homosexuality scientifically. At this time, most theories regarded homosexuality as a disease, which had a great influence on how it was viewed culturally.[6

The social, medical and legal approach to homosexuality ultimately led for its inclusion in the first and second publications of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM). This served to conceptualize homosexuality as a mental disorder and further stigmatize homosexuality in society. However, the evolution in scientific study and empirical data from Kinsey, Evelyn Hooker and others confronted these beliefs, and by the 1970s psychiatrists and psychologists were radically altering their views on homosexuality. Tests such as the Rorschach, Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) and the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) indicated that homosexual men and women were not distinguishable from heterosexual men and women in functioning
This cannot be true simply for example the moosleems are anti-gay by religion however as teens they are all gay.

Islam is an Abrahamic religion like Judaism and Christianity. Same roots, different branch of the same tree.
Abraham was a mythical character invented by Moses and plagiarized by Akmed.
Prove it.

Personally, I think Moses simply put into writing all of the centuries old tales being told around the Hebrew campfires. It's not like people were distracted by Facebook and smartphones in those days. They told stories. Moses, being learned, was the best known for writing them down. No need for him to be a fiction author too. Besides, once he wrote them down, if they were pure fiction, wouldn't other Hebrews have questioned him about it?

In the 70s, the DSM national diagnostic book contained homosexuality as a mental decease, and doctors worked on finding cure for it. Then it was removed. Why is that? Who are the people who want people to be sick? This time it couldn't be the doctors because they lost their funding. Any theories?
I don't know why they removed homosexuality from the DSM.
Maybe new studies made them believe homosexuality wasn't a mental disease or maybe some LGBT organizations applied pressure on them to update the DSM. :dunno:

In the 70s, the DSM national diagnostic book contained homosexuality as a mental decease, and doctors worked on finding cure for it. Then it was removed. Why is that? Who are the people who want people to be sick? This time it couldn't be the doctors because they lost their funding. Any theories?
Maybe new studies made them believe homosexuality wasn't a mental disease or maybe some LGBT organizations applied pressure on them to update the DSM. :dunno:
The homo-fascists must be stopped!!

Robert Maginnis: Washington D.C.’s Gays And Witches Corrupt Politicians | Right Wing Watch

Earlier this month, Family Research Council senior fellow Robert Maginnis appeared on SkyWatchTV to discuss “the occult influence on D.C. elites.”

Maginnis warned that even the most well-intentioned people who go to Washington, D.C. to work in public service are susceptible to the evil forces that he said dominate the city, citing both witchcraft and homosexuality.

I dunnno

Going back to the thread topic, if there was a cure for homosexuality, I believe most parents would take it.

I would vote on your second scenario. The LGBT groups are big bullies, especially in schools.

The only cure that we need to find is the one for people like you
Leftists like you destroy America and many countries man by man.

Try to learn something Sparky

The weight of evidence In a review of published studies comparing homosexual and heterosexual samples on psychological tests, Gonsiorek (1982) found that, although some differences have been observed in test results between homosexuals and heterosexuals, both groups consistently score within the normal range. Gonsiorek concluded that "Homosexuality in and of itself is unrelated to psychological disturbance or maladjustment. Homosexuals as a group are not more psychologically disturbed on account of their homosexuality" (Gonsiorek, 1982, p. 74; see also reviews by Gonsiorek, 1991; Hart, Roback, Tittler, Weitz, Walston & McKee, 1978; Riess, 1980).
Confronted with overwhelming empirical evidence and changing cultural views of homosexuality, psychiatrists and psychologists radically altered their views, beginning in the 1970s.

Removal from the DSM American Psychiatric Association to remove homosexuality from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). Some psychiatrists who fiercely opposed their action subsequently circulated a petition calling for a vote on the issue by the Association's membership. That vote was held in 1974, and the Board's decision was ratified.
Homosexuality and Mental Health

How does measuring everything except facts of homosexuality relate to the disorder of homosexuality? Very interesting information your post, looks like a political decision.

Try to learn something Sparky

The weight of evidence In a review of published studies comparing homosexual and heterosexual samples on psychological tests, Gonsiorek (1982) found that, although some differences have been observed in test results between homosexuals and heterosexuals, both groups consistently score within the normal range. Gonsiorek concluded that "Homosexuality in and of itself is unrelated to psychological disturbance or maladjustment. Homosexuals as a group are not more psychologically disturbed on account of their homosexuality" (Gonsiorek, 1982, p. 74; see also reviews by Gonsiorek, 1991; Hart, Roback, Tittler, Weitz, Walston & McKee, 1978; Riess, 1980).
Confronted with overwhelming empirical evidence and changing cultural views of homosexuality, psychiatrists and psychologists radically altered their views, beginning in the 1970s.

Removal from the DSM American Psychiatric Association to remove homosexuality from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). Some psychiatrists who fiercely opposed their action subsequently circulated a petition calling for a vote on the issue by the Association's membership. That vote was held in 1974, and the Board's decision was ratified.
Homosexuality and Mental Health
You can't reply to anyone without calling them juvenile names can you? That's a sure sign of your losing. Like I said suck all you want. Stop trying to force everyone to accept that your illness is normal because we all know it's not normal.

I got you pegged!!

Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

A new analysis of implicit bias and explicit sexual orientation statements may help to explain the underpinnings of anti-gay bullying and hate crimes

This study shows that if you are feeling that kind of visceral reaction to an out-group, ask yourself, 'Why?'" co-author Richard Ryan, a professor of psychology at the University of Rochester, said in a statement. "Those intense emotions should serve as a call to self-reflection."

The research, published in the April 2012 issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, reveals the nuances of prejudices like homophobia, which can ultimately have dire consequences. [The 10 Most Destructive Human Behaviors]

"Sometimes people are threatened by gays and lesbians because they are fearing their own impulses, in a sense they 'doth protest too much,'" Ryan told LiveScience. "In addition, it appears that sometimes those who would oppress others have been oppressed themselves, and we can have some compassion for them too, they may be unaccepting of others because they cannot be accepting of themselves."

Yes, homosexuals are threatening, because they can infect the brain of everyone in school. This fact can easily contradict the scientific report, although that report may still be correct.

You truly are mentally ill. You spend all your time trying convince people you will never meet that being a faggot is not sick. That says a lot about you. Please, for Gods sake, don't adopt.
Actually, I spend all of my time at the gym, gardening, cooking and being with my family. And, I did adopt!! Deal with it:

th

This showcases the mental defect that homosexuality is. Most school boy may introduce their girls to their parents and get joy from that. The homosexual school boys introduce their boyfriends to their parents and get joy from the screams of the parents. Enjoying that people suffer is one of the fundamental disorders that are part of homosexuality. Very sick indeed.

You truly are mentally ill. You spend all your time trying convince people you will never meet that being a faggot is not sick. That says a lot about you. Please, for Gods sake, don't adopt.
Actually, I spend all of my time at the gym, gardening, cooking and being with my family. And, I did adopt!! Deal with it:

th

This showcases the mental defect that homosexuality is. Most school boy may introduce their girls to their parents and get joy from that. The homosexual school boys introduce their boyfriends to their parents and get joy from the screams of the parents. Enjoying that people suffer is one of the fundamental disorders that are part of homosexuality. Very sick indeed.

WTF-Meme-What-the-fuck-i-know-right.jpg

Going back to the thread topic, if there was a cure for homosexuality, I believe most parents would take it.

But would most homosexuals?

And if so, why?

This points to the center of the problem. Homosexuals would probably never accept a cure because what they get off on is creating problems for people. I would classify this a medical condition, in the category of psychology, and scientifically interesting.

And if so, why?

This points to the center of the problem. Homosexuals would probably never accept a cure because what they get off on is creating problems for people. I would classify this a medical condition, in the category of psychology, and scientifically interesting.

What you're describing is a personality disorder. Those have already been identified. Most homosexuals don't have personality disorders.

And if so, why?

What you're describing is a personality disorder. Those have already been identified. Most homosexuals don't have personality disorders.

What if the actual case is, that homosexuality is a form of personality disorder and not independent of it? Then doctors could investigate it within the personality disorder category. This can be in the national interest too, because the most famous soviet spy ring, the Oxford four, was single handedly responsible for selling Britain's Cold War secrets to the soviets, and they were all homosexual Englishmen. It could be postulated that they would not have been under the compulsion of betraying their home country, had they not been homosexuals.

Yes, but it prevents the conversion of normal people into homosexuality, until a cure is found, right?
Normal people, AKA heterosexuals, don't "turn" or convert to homosexuality. They already are. What they are doing is masking themselves from society so as to appear "normal" and avoid bullying, mistreatment, being terminated from their job, etc.
I must disagree with this, because this has not been scientifically proven, in fact there may be more proof to the contrary.
Do you believe sexual preference is a choice or, somehow, wired into each of us?

Did you make a choice to be gay or straight? I didn't. I was naturally attracted to girls. Since many homophobes are latent homosexuals, do you have homosexual desires?
I think it is logical the assume that both birth conditions and learned behavior contribute to the creation of homosexuals. There is no scientific evidence otherwise.
Disagreed. Do you think the same about heterosexuals? Why? Why not? What scientific evidence do you have either way?
PP on PC

Your cult's "scientific" evidence can be bought at the local flea market.

most people would argue that people are bullied and manipulated into heterosexuality.

Fratricide

Islam is the Religion of Cain.

ANOTHERLIFE is baiting all of you. He's like a KKK guy in a white sheet walking thru Harlem. Do yourselves a favor and ignore this thread.
The thread poses an existing question, doesn't matter who the OP is. You troll much? Hehe.

Fine. I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice. Let it be known by all who read this that Anothlife and I are gay lovers. I pitch, he receives. He loves my Johnson up his bung. He loves for me to spew in his mouth. He makes post like this to make people think he is anti gay, when the reality is, he is a cock hound, can't get enough of it.
If You Go Aynal, You'll Get Randy

Is his Garyjohnson so big that it eventually made your teeth buck out? Is the post traumatic stress from that the reason you lie about who is the pitcher?

We had sex, didn't we?
In the religion we made up, we had sects.

th

The Sneaky Seventies

Gayists are sado-masochists. Because their passive anal-receptivity is sick, they have to balance it by the extreme of aggressiveness, especially with young teens. Because their pseudo-sex-act is filthy and disgusting, they have to balance it by being obsessive about cleaning and neatness. Felix (Tony Randall) in the Odd Couple was Straight, but served as an introduction to a Gayist personality so that we would consider it acceptably "different."

Forum List

Back