Why they put warning labels on everything

Stupid people, is why. Very stupid people. Like this very stupid person. LOL

They don't put warning labels on products because people are stupid ... people have always been stupid, nothing there has changed.

We put labels on things because, in the past, we recognized stupid people for what they were and didn't make excuses for stupid people doing stupid things.

Today, we take stupid people seriously and stupid people have lawyers.

Those lawyers are able to successfully argue that, "My client isn't stupid, your honor, my client is a victim of lack of warning labels".

Judges and juries, no longer able to call a stupid person stupid, must agree with the lawyer and say, "Yes, your client was injured, not because he did something clearly stupid, but because there was no warning label to prevent him from doing something stupid".

If you want to get rid of warning labels you need to;

A) Stop pretending stupid people aren't actually stupid .. and
B) Stop giving stupid people access to lawyers.

Is the guy the owner? If not, was the person told they must worknoff a ladder? The owner should have supplied a more proper ladder. The cheapskate owner probably shouldn't be hiring anyone for the business.

I'm sure the cheap little ladder had a label on it about it's maximum weight that I have no doubt that person exceeded.

And also, when you misuse a ladder like that it's your own fault. No one anywhere has ever said that is an acceptable way to move a ladder.

Lawsuit my ass. That dipshits did everything wrong.

I sure miss the days I grew up in, when if you did something that stupid, everybody knew it was your own damn fault and you had it coming.

You mean like tRump's facebook posts?

You actually held out for thirteen posts! Impressive.

rent free.png

/---/ All the ladder company attorney has to do is show the jury that video of the baby elephant dancing on the 4th step. Case closed.
Agreed. The companies have all the power. And in this case I agree. But in many many cases companies need to be sued. They shouldn't get to do whatever they want. Unfortunately finding good rmoyees has never been easier than it is now.

Seems that the ladder manufacturer has failed here.
No, your brain has failed.
The step ladder failed under conditions of use that shouldn't have caused failure.

Suspect that the label missing was the UL or CSA label.
No, that's stupid. The user is 100% at fault, she should bear sole responsibility for her own stupidity.

An employer should not have employees working on ladders.
I guess employees shouldn't have to do any work then, correct?

You morons are going to kill yourselves off with your stupidity.

As it should be.

Stupidity IS a capital offense.

An employer should not have employees working on ladders.

Lame.

That means that businesses should never use ladders.

What's next?

When are you going to demand that businesses never use pencils?

When are you going to demand that businesses never use paper?

LOL The one I've noticed lately, on a TV commercial "Don't use (this medicine) if you are allergic to (this medicine)" People need to be told that. Unbelievable.

Translation -- "We are never responsible for the damage our product causes".

My late husband was killed by a pHARMaceutical drug and the doctor used a similar screed to try to tell me it was my fault that their drug killed my husband.

Translation -- "We are never responsible for the damage our product causes".

My late husband was killed by a pHARMaceutical drug and the doctor used a similar screed to try to tell me it was my fault that their drug killed my husband.

More like - "Our customers are so fucking stupid that they would continue using our eczema cream even though it gives them explosive diarrhea"

Forum List

Back