Why the media focus on Asperger's Syndrome?

this statement is a statement of FACT.

you can suffer from asbergers and also suffer mental illness.

his mother didnt get him treatment for his illness and she taught him how to use these guns and allowed him access to them

his mother didnt get him treatment for his illness

His private medical history and treatment has been posted online somewhere? Wow! What happened to HIPAA? Got a link to prove what you claim to be true?

Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule

its from the police interviews with her family and friends

The police released these interview documents? Better link for me. So basically this is hearsay from family and friends? That is fine but please do post that link to the police interviews. Which police agency released these interviews? Links will be great. Thanks.

someone with asbergers can be also insane.

Are you a doctor? Please produce the official medical evidence to support this claim? Also learn to spell the syndrome correctly.

By the way, anyone can go insane. Anyone, including you.

does having asbergers make you immune from mental illness?

that is an insane claim

And I did not make that claim. TM, are you okay with reading comprehension? Read and try to understand what I posted not what the voice in your head seem to say.

his mother didnt get him treatment for his illness and she taught him how to use these guns and allowed him access to them

Mother certainly had an idea of what this kid was capable of, but either did nothing because she was in denial or she tried many times to get help but agencies could do nothing to help her because of current mental health laws. It is known that she had weapons in the home and that she taught him to use them.

Further information: Asperger syndrome and interpersonal relationships
A lack of demonstrated empathy has a significant impact on aspects of communal living for persons with Asperger syndrome

So if a person with Aspergers cannot demonstrate empathy, doesn't it make it easier for them to shoot up a classroom full of first graders?

Provide the link please.

this statement is a statement of FACT.

you can suffer from asbergers and also suffer mental illness.

If you can't bother to even learn how to correctly spell the syndrome, your message sounds stupid and baseless even if you are accurate in what you are saying.

ASSbergers....just another excuse for weird and sometimes mean people not liking other people.

So the shooter didn't like other people and didn't feel sorry for them.....shocker.

His private medical history and treatment has been posted online somewhere? Wow! What happened to HIPAA? Got a link to prove what you claim to be true?

Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule

The police released these interview documents? Better link for me. So basically this is hearsay from family and friends? That is fine but please do post that link to the police interviews. Which police agency released these interviews? Links will be great. Thanks.

Anyone with a basic level of common sense can come to the conclusion that this kid had serious mental health problems in order to even be able to do something like this. Specific diagnoses, "confirmation" of family history info, etc....is not necessary. If you refuse to be willing to use common sense or are incapable of it, that is enough "evidence" to me that you have no clue what you are talking about AND your insistence that someone else provide evidence to prove their point is stupid and makes you look like an idiot.

ASSbergers....just another excuse for weird and sometimes mean people not liking other people.

So the shooter didn't like other people and didn't feel sorry for them.....shocker.

note how they deny sceince to cling to their guns

A lack of demonstrated empathy has a significant impact on aspects of communal living for persons with Asperger syndrome

So if a person with Aspergers cannot demonstrate empathy, doesn't it make it easier for them to shoot up a classroom full of first graders?

Provide the link please.

Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems it would take a person with no empathy to execute six year olds

Of course it would make it easier, but people with Asperger's are not violent people. They simply don't care enough about people to really get all worked up about them. It's possible that the kid had Asperger's to a mild degree, but also had a serious mental health condition that was more responsible for his problems. But going into a classroom and killing children....and shooting all of the victims multiple times.....that isn't "mental illness', that's rage and revenge. Something else was going on with this kid....and the family knew about it, no matter what they tell the newspapers and media.

Asswipe....unlike you, I'm a college graduate and one of my undergrad majors was Psychology. Shut the fuck up.

Many people in the medical community like to attach a name to every kind of human behavior when that person is just mean/evil.

note how they deny sceince to cling to their guns

Anyone with a basic level of common sense can come to the conclusion that this kid had serious mental health problems in order to even be able to do something like this. Specific diagnoses, "confirmation" of family history info, etc....is not necessary. If you refuse to be willing to use common sense or are incapable of it, that is enough "evidence" to me that you have no clue what you are talking about AND your insistence that someone else provide evidence to prove their point is stupid and makes you look like an idiot.

I never said he did not likely have mental health issues. Better start reading all my posts since this tragedy happened. I am discussing a specific medical condition on this thread called Asperger's Syndrome and will continue to do so. The facts of this boy's mental health are not yet known nor are any of the medications that he may have been taking(or not) known. We have a media reporting speculations and hearsay. We have people passing that information on. So gwennie, that you oppose my request for actual factual confirmation or links on this matter and consider me an idiot for doing so really means nothing to me. I hope you understand.

Last edited:
Simple question. Has anyone confirmed that the kid had asbergers?
As far as I have heard it has only been second hand information and hearsay.
Has anyone spoken to his doctor and gotten the information directly from him?

See my same post above asking the same.

Seems that a lot of people are going by hearsay evidence.
Since the shooter is dead, I believe the HIPAA Privacy Rules are not in effect.
So it seems it would be simple to track down is doctor and get the facts straight.

Provide the link please.

Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems it would take a person with no empathy to execute six year olds

I agree and there are many people without Asperger's Syndrome who would fill that requirement.

Forum List

Back