Why the escape from Kiev?

harryo

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2022
Why the traffic jams? where are these people going? do they think they will be personally targeted or hit by arty or bombs? are pro-Russian militias going to target them?
I can understand how it was in WW2 when the Germans or Russians went into foreign countries with extreme prejudice, hate, etc and the refugees trying to get away

Why the traffic jams? where are these people going? do they think they will be personally targeted or hit by arty or bombs? are pro-Russian militias going to target them?
I can understand how it was in WW2 when the Germans or Russians went into foreign countries with extreme prejudice, hate, etc and the refugees trying to get away

In my neck of America people in general panic under the first few snowflakes of a winter weather advisory. People are janky, nervous herd animals. One boom of thunder and most people are diving under their dining room tables. That being said, Ukrainians living near military bases, powerplants or other critical infrastructure would be wise to flee the area. Seems unlikely most of the people fleeing into traffic jams don't really have a plan. They just want to get far away from the growing storm.

Rumor is the death toll is reaching a light weekend in Chicago.
Time to get the hell out.

Cowards every damn one of them...let Russia have the damn country...a nation that won't fight for themselves do not deserve their own flag....

They are fleeing because bombs are going off in their country and Russians could possibly be coming to the capital with more bombs.

What should they do?

Sit on their couches and watch the Russian military approach on the news?

They don't know...when in doubt...bug out.

• Banned
Gabe Lackmann I don't see video or pics of entire towns or cities destroyed. Bombs going off in their country? You don't seem to have any knowledge about military conflicts. The chances of being hit by a bomb in Kiev is very, very low, unless they are carpet bombing--which they are not

They are fleeing because bombs are going off in their country and Russians could possibly be coming to the capital with more bombs.

What should they do?

That's right. Gotta get out of the kill box. Can't do any good if they're dead.

Gabe Lackmann I don't see video or pics of entire towns or cities destroyed. Bombs going off in their country? You don't seem to have any knowledge about military conflicts. The chances of being hit by a bomb in Kiev is very, very low, unless they are carpet bombing--which they are not
Great.

So you would sit in kiev then?

Bravo.

Next topic.

like communicating with a fucking tape recorder.

Cowards every damn one of them...let Russia have the damn country...a nation that won't fight for themselves do not deserve their own flag....
They won't, because most of them were bullied by the Nazies to submission in 2014, they didn't start and didn't want no coup so Russians are not the foes for them but their saviours.

They won't, because most of them were bullied by the Nazies to submission in 2014, they didn't start and didn't want no coup so Russians are not the foes for them but their saviours.
Any credible links for that?

What should they do?

Go into the woods and hide....then wait till the Cossacks lower their guard and start blowing them up.

No, that's propaganda....

"In early 2014, mass protests in the capital forced out a Russia-friendly president after he refused to sign an association agreement with the European Union. Putin responded by annexing the southern Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea and fomenting a separatist rebellion in Ukraine's east, which seized control of part of the Donbas region."

Sounds to me like the majority of Ukraine wants to be European....

Forum List

Back