Why the Doctrines of the Jehovah Witnesses are not acceptable as Christian

It's not trolling K9

I am putting faces on JWs I met them many times and talked with them

3076b34728b5bee15f7d16e648160454.jpg

That's true.

Signed,

ex-Catholic
It appears many Jehovah's Witnesses believe that too. Then they talk to me. ;) (A couple of them never returned, but I think that was more because I was able to point out more optimistic passages than they had somber passages.)

The older person of one couple hustled the younger one out the door when she started nodding enthusiastically at the passages I introduced. Neither returned. I guess we Catholics and our Biblical knowledge are kind of scary. We read through the Bible every three years, just at Sunday Mass. Every year for those who attend Mass daily.

My experience has been Jehovah's Witnesses are good people.

I’m with PK, its not my concern. People are free to believe what they want.
Let me ask you a question: Do you have children? Do you believe it is okay for them to believe whatever they want without any direction or guidance from you? What about friends and relatives? Are you concerned for their eternal welfare or don't you care?

It appears many Jehovah's Witnesses believe that too. Then they talk to me. ;) (A couple of them never returned, but I think that was more because I was able to point out more optimistic passages than they had somber passages.)

The older person of one couple hustled the younger one out the door when she started nodding enthusiastically at the passages I introduced. Neither returned. I guess we Catholics and our Biblical knowledge are kind of scary. We read through the Bible every three years, just at Sunday Mass. Every year for those who attend Mass daily.

My experience has been Jehovah's Witnesses are good people.
Mormons are "good" people. However, one's "goodness" has nothing to do with salvation. Only GOD is GOOD.

Catholics don't hear much regarding the Old Testament and how it relates to the New.
For whatever reason, the church teaches based on their catechism. Later in life I began being exposed to online preachers on YouTube and came to realize that the Catholic Church is NOT, in my opinion, faithfully following the teachings of Jesus.

Mormons are "good" people. However, one's "goodness" has nothing to do with salvation. Only GOD is GOOD.
My definition of "good" is that which is pleasing to God. My definition of "evil" is that which offends God. One can be superficially "good" but, if they don't follow God, then they are not pleasing to God because they are not acting in his name. At least, that is what I believe. I may be mistaken, of course.

Catholics don't hear much regarding the Old Testament and how it relates to the New.
Not true. Each Sunday Mass: Two Old Testament readings; two New Testament readings and all relate to each other. Daily Mass: One Old Testament, One New Testament--both that relate to each other. The homily often ties them all together as well.

If you consider yourself your brother's keeper, you should be aware and concerned and able to discuss the problems that could be keeping people from believing the truth.
So they're heretics? Hmmm, how have heretics been treated throughout history? Something you want see return?

Jesus said this: "Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." (John 15:20). So anyone persecuted as a heretic was probably in the right, those doing the persecuting were probably in the wrong.

Can we trust Jehovah's Witnesses to bear true witness instead of false witness in public venues like these?

There is a forum for JW's that has some very knowledgeable people posting on it, so I would say yes, since they have no reason to lie, being what they consider to be 'in the right' on issues.. They have zero history of lying even to save their own skins against certain death, so I see no reason to distrust them here.

Forum List

Back