Why Republicans Can't Win

It's a long way off. Part of me would love to see the Campaigner in Chief with a Republican Congress. Now that would be something to see, however I just.don't.think.it's.going.to.happen.

The republicans created this tea party thing so they could win votes and divert the blame they desserved for the utter failures of their Bush team.

They lost control of it and its now dragging them arround by the nose.

They run Romeny and they will NOT be able to stop the likes of Bachman or Palin.

They lost control of their little pet puppy and now its a rotwieiler

Not even close!!!!!

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

your little gun cartoon firing away will not keep the tea party on the reservation

You guys are going to get your clocks cleaned. Your lunch eaten, and your girl friends taken. And there will be nothing you can do about it.

I am going to enjoy the show.:popcorn:

No black president had ever been elected before obama

Dude, that has to be the silliest thing you've ever said.

9% unemployment, 38% approval rating, 800 point drop in the Dow, double dip recession, 4 trillion in new debt, $4.00 a gallon gasoline.

You really think voters are going to ignore this because Rick Perry is a big meaniehead who exectues baby killers?

9% unemployment, 38% approval rating, 800 point drop in the Dow, double dip recession, 4 trillion in new debt, $4.00 a gallon gasoline.

You really think voters are going to ignore this because Rick Perry is a big meaniehead who exectues baby killers?

You forgot about the credit down grade. Yea, everyone loves Bam!!

Obama's approval rating is misleading. The economy is bad. People are anxious. Any president's approval rating would be bad in this environment.

The Republicans can't run an "unnamed opponent". If they could figure a way to do this, they would, but they can't. Whichever candidate they nominate is already trailing Obama. RCP: vs. Perry + 8.2%; vs. Romney + 3%; Bachman + 14.5%.

The Republican party is dominated by right-wing nut jobs, whose ideology offends most Americans. Examples: booing soldiers for being gay, cheering the idea of letting uninsured people die, etc.

Most of the Republican field is unelectable. If they nominate one of their unelectabes, their chances of beating Obama become negligible.

The Republicans have no plan for improving the economy.

House Republicans are hell bent on proving how dangerous it is to elect Republicans, and how little they actually care about governing.

Shit! Goddamn it! Why even bother with an Election!!! You are so Right! You have never been more Right!!! .......:razz: :):):) Happy, Happy!! Joy, Joy!!!

The best thing that can happen for the country is an Obama loss and a GOP win, preferably with the wingnuttiest candidate possible. They're going to get back in the White House eventually so let them do it with a moribund economy and show the country how badly GOP policies work. The alternative is four more years of Obama doing effectively nothing (both his fault and the GOP's for blocking everything he would try) and then a GOP guy after Obama. And if you think the Republican voters are pissed off after four years of the Kenyan, wait till you see how angry they'll be after eight and the kind of guy they'll nominate. Better to get it over with, let them fuck up and then try and have a debate over how we get out of this mess.

You forgot about the credit down grade. Yea, everyone loves Bam!!

you know, I'm really trying my best here, but remembering a full list of "Why Obama sucks as a President" is quite a difficult job, and I just got back from vacation. Come on, NatureGirl, cut me a little slack! :lol:

A point. When I was on vacation, I met up with my old boss and her husband. (We all like to vacation in the same area.) Because they know I'm into this stuff, we talked a bit about politics, and what I found is that neither of them knew all that much about Perry or Romney. (The husband, who is a smart guy who runs his own contracting service, thought Romney was the governor of New Jersey.)

So for the OP to point to a poll that shows Obama leading Candidate X with a large number of undecideds, and say, "Yup, Obama's going to win because people hate Republicans!" is being a bit foolish.

Now, I DO think the GOP has a lot of long term issues they need to address. They need to make more inroads with hispanics, and this bashing Perry over tuitions is running in the wrong direction. I think they need to do a lot more relating to working people and their problems and less with the billionaire who won't be able to buy a new polo pony if Obama's tax increases go through.

Records get broken from time to time dont they?

Do you really want to say, "Whoooopeee, no one ever got re-elected with double digit unemployment until me!" is something to be proud of?

Better men have been voted out of office for a lot less reason. Obama isn't worthy to shine Bush Sr. shoes, but we still voted that man out because unemployment hit 8%.

We're going to give Obama a pass on 9%?

Obama's approval rating is misleading. The economy is bad. People are anxious. Any president's approval rating would be bad in this environment.

The Republicans can't run an "unnamed opponent". If they could figure a way to do this, they would, but they can't. Whichever candidate they nominate is already trailing Obama. RCP: vs. Perry + 8.2%; vs. Romney + 3%; Bachman + 14.5%.

The Republican party is dominated by right-wing nut jobs, whose ideology offends most Americans. Examples: booing soldiers for being gay, cheering the idea of letting uninsured people die, etc.

Most of the Republican field is unelectable. If they nominate one of their unelectabes, their chances of beating Obama become negligible.

House Republicans are hell bent on proving how dangerous it is to elect Republicans, and how little they actually care about governing.
Fortunately this is an opinion held by few.
Wishful thinking on your part. The more comfy you get in your feeling that Obama is unbeatable, the better for the GOP.
Fact. The party in charge gets the credit for a good economy. Conversely, in bad economic times, the party in charge gets the blame. The Dems have the Senate and White House. Guess what?....

It matters little which of the statists take or stay in office; Americans have become too ignorant to recognize their 'own best interests.'
Being older has only one benefit: I won't have to put up with this $hit all that much longer.

The republicans created this tea party thing so they could win votes and divert the blame they desserved for the utter failures of their Bush team.

They lost control of it and its now dragging them arround by the nose.

They run Romeny and they will NOT be able to stop the likes of Bachman or Palin.

They lost control of their little pet puppy and now its a rotwieiler
No Cupcake....The Tea Party created the Tea Party.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. You are incapable of waste because you are mindless.

I think TM and her type forget that the Tea Party is not Lock Step. Strike that, they refuse to acknowledge it.

Booting Obama will vastly improve the economy.

Will the republicans ideas of austerity work?
Spending only what government takes in as well as thinning the government herd is the best path.

New Topics

Forum List

Back