Why putin’s “New” Assault 🇷🇺🐷Units are 80 Years Old

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
The Problem with creating "Sturmtruppen" (or in Italian it would be "Ardititi" i think) is that this depletes the regular units of the best Soldiers. As seen in Germany 1918.

The Problem with creating "Sturmtruppen" (or in Italian it would be "Ardititi" i think) is that this depletes the regular units of the best Soldiers. As seen in Germany 1918.

Well the were new at some point in time.

France should give it another shot at invading Russia seeing how Russia has 80 year olds fighting on the front lines. Not during the winter like Napoleon did though. French men solidly under perform in winter.

They are still fighting trench warfare in Ukraine, using tactics that go back to World War I.

While modern warfare has been characterized for several decades by long-range combat using aerial and armored resources, the counter-offensive launched by Kyiv in early June stands out for its emphasis on infantry, which has become the essential factor in advancing their forces. "The Ukrainians are rediscovering trench warfare and adopting tactics reminiscent of the German Sturmtruppen," (shock units created during World War I to assault Allied lines) explained Thibault Fouillet, the scientific director of the Institute for Strategy and Defense Studies at Lyon-III University.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back