Why "politics" has degenerated (or continues to degenerate) into childish rants...

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
Sometimes it is a little annoying... sometimes it is amusing and even hilarious.. reading all the rants on this forum and just about every other.. (although some forums are no fun... don't let you do that much)

But I asked myself: How did it come to this, really?

And the answer I came up with is this:

well, I can't speak for lefties (thank God) because I am the last person who would claim to understand THEM... but speaking for us Trumpers and other Republicans and some Independents, I say this

The reason we have gotten to be childish and uncharitable and even hateful is..

We just can't stand it... watching all the insanity all the time... like a bad movie that makes you want to scream at the TV or movie screen... except it doesn't do any good to do that and you know it

and that is why we are... so... upset.. We feel powerless to stop the current train wreck in the WH

Sometimes it is a little annoying... sometimes it is amusing and even hilarious.. reading all the rants on this forum and just about every other.. (although some forums are no fun... don't let you do that much)

well, I can't speak for lefties (thank God) because I am the last person who would claim to understand THEM... but speaking for us Trumpers and other Republicans and some Independents, I say this

We just can't stand it... watching all the insanity all the time... like a bad movie that makes you want to scream at the TV or movie screen... except it doesn't do any good to do that and you know it

and that is why we are... so... upset.. We feel powerless to stop the current train wreck in the WH

The train wreck was Donald Trump in the White House. The Trump Republican Party is the party of insanity. They attack voting rights, free speech rights, attack blacks and women, they want to turn this country into a theocracy, they are terrorizing transgender people and gays are probably next.

“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.”

Gilbert K. Chesterton
so true

But on the other hand, we Rs have every reason to rant and rave... Criminals are winning in this country.. really scary. It seems to be getting to the point that being honest is considered old-fashioned

I am not a republican, but for my my money, it is the media. They have been trying to foment a race war for years, they are patently dishonest and they constantly reenforce a vision that America is nothing but two warring tribes.

They are little but an extension of the Democrat party and democrats employ nothing but demagoguery in order to get elected so they can enrich themselves. They pit people against one another and convince one group that they are the victim of the other.

I am not a republican, but for my my money, it is the media. They have been trying to foment a race war for years, they are patently dishonest and they constantly reenforce a vision that America is nothing but two warring tribes.

They are little but an extension of the Democrat party and democrats employ nothing but demagoguery in order to get elected so they can enrich themselves. They pit people against one another and convince one group that they are the victim of the other.
so true

I hope you vote R even though u say u are not R

not voting R means a vote for a dim

3rd parties never make it

so true

I hope you vote R even though u say u are not R

not voting R means a vote for a dim

3rd parties never make it
If it puts your mind at ease, I can assure you that I would never vote for Biden.

I would vote for any combo of DeSantis, Rand and Tulsi, though. I know - Tulsi has D next to her name but I like her and think it would be a great slap in the face to the Stalinist portion of the Democrat party to have a moderate go rogue and peel off the vestiges of the party who are still sane.

Politics "R" us. Dismissing it and calling it a bad movie is a way of dismissing reality. You can sleep through it or you can deal with it.

I dislike being childish and hateful. I dislike talking with people who are childish and hateful. It gets us nowhere. That being said, I do get frustrated and bothered by the insanity in society and also the present administration. But all the childish insulting and calling names…nah…

Forum List

Back