Illiberal Progressives Want to Ban Mike Pence from Speaking on Campus

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
At the University of Virginia. Which was founded by Thomas Jefferson.

Totalitarian thinking on the illiberal Left.

At least a few professors had the balls to push back. But there should be more.

What a disgrace.

Just have to ask, but in your mind is this fundamentally different than this...

Property and casualty insurer GEICO landed in hot water with several Jewish advocacy groups this week after inviting pro-Palestinian activist and accused antisemite Linda Sarsour to headline a company event.

Following backlash, the company owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway apologized and said it had scrapped the event.

At the University of Virginia. Which was founded by Thomas Jefferson.

Totalitarian thinking on the illiberal Left.

At least a few professors had the balls to push back. But there should be more.

What a disgrace.
The illiberals are running things. And making up a new name won't change the fact almost all of the Left are intolerant assholes.

Property and casualty insurer GEICO landed in hot water with several Jewish advocacy groups this week after inviting pro-Palestinian activist and accused antisemite Linda Sarsour to headline a company event.

Following backlash, the company owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway apologized and said it had scrapped the event.

Well considering one is a Public Research University beholden to the concepts of the 1st amendment and the other is an insurance company represented by a miniature talking lizard, I would think there are some fundamental differences in the two situations.

But your sad pathetic attempt at pre-emptive what-about-ism instead of talking about the topic is noted, and at the same time laughed at.

Well considering one is a Public Research University beholden to the concepts of the 1st amendment and the other is an insurance company represented by a miniature talking lizard, I would think there are some fundamental differences in the two situations.

But your sad pathetic attempt at pre-emptive what-about-ism instead of talking about the topic is noted, and at the same time laughed at.

So, what you are saying is that it is cool to pressure a private business it to compliance but not ok to pressure a university into such.

Thanks !

You'd think liberals would love Pence since he effed up the Stop the Steal movement.

So, what you are saying is that it is cool to pressure a private business it to compliance but not ok to pressure a university into such.

Thanks !

No I am saying the comparison doesn't make sense, apples and switchblades.

How about comparing former Vice Presidents at the SAME university? It it OK to pressure for Pence to be suppressed but not Gore to be suppressed?

No I am saying the comparison doesn't make sense, apples and switchblades.

How about comparing former Vice Presidents at the SAME university? It it OK to pressure for Pence to be suppressed but not Gore to be suppressed?

I personally think all 3 are wrong.

I personally think all 3 are wrong.

I think companies like GEICO have no spine regardless of the person in question. If twitter goes nuts enough, they will knuckle under.

Now my other question is are you trying to equate anti-semitism with biblical beliefs on things like sexuality and gender?

I think companies like GEICO have no spine regardless of the person in question. If twitter goes nuts enough, they will knuckle under.

True.

Now my other question is are you trying to equate anti-semitism with biblical beliefs on things like sexuality and gender?

The charge of antisemitism seems to be as overused as the charge of racism. Anyone that supports the right of Palestine to exist is painted as an antisemite.

Absolutely they are different. Geico is a private insurance company while UVA is a publicly funded university where young minds are supposed to be exposed to all kinds of thought from multiple sources and taught to form and defend their own opinions. There is no place for leftwing political censorship at such a place.

You'd think liberals would love Pence since he effed up the Stop the Steal movement.
You would if you didn't understand the simple liberal mind, in which there is only good and evil and black and white, with no gray allowed. In their mind (they share just the one), Pence is associated with TRUMP!, which means he's totally evil. Pence could save a bus full of drag queens from going off the road outside a rodeo in Texas while chasing bunnies off the road and they'd still hate him.

Forum List

Back