why is there something rather then nothing?

Negative motion?
That's what I said. Unimaginable. But unimaginable not automaticlaly means such a thing not exists. It looks like the sum of all positive and negative energies of the universe are exactly 0. So if we could take a look from outside (it has no outside!) then the universe would probably not exist because it has no energy. And: All around us could be in every point an infinite number of universes.

Last edited:
That's what I said. Unimaginable. But unimaginable not automaticlaly means such a thing not exists. It looks like the sum of all positive and negative energies of the universe are exactly 0. So if we could take a look from outside (it has no outside!) then the universe would probably not exist because it has no energy. And: All around us could be in every point an infinite number of universes.
I still have no clue what “negative motion” is other than total lack of motion (ie, zero).

Also, just for giggles, it has been noted that at the “beginning” of our universe, there appears to have been more matter than anti-matter (which theoretically ought to have been perfectly equal). We wouldn’t exist without that fortuitous discrepancy. So, how’d that happen?

Us laypeople aren’t always able to grasp these things.

And so we return again to the holy void. Some say this is simply our destiny, but I would have you remember always that the void EXISTS, just as surely as you or I. Is nothingness any less a miracle than substance?

-Sister Miriam Godwinson

Forum List

Back