CDZ Why is "Mexican" a "Racist" Term?

Right, but likewise - JUST because a judge had a hispanic background - does not mean he can't be impartial on a case involving a university - there is nothing that indicates he dislikes Trump personally - no remarks, no actions, no exchanges *unlike your pedophile-judge-child example*.

Oh? There isn't?

The Left and many on the RIght have been saying that HIspanics HATE Trump.

Do you believe that?

I'm looking for actual evidence - not nebulous broad brush claims. Evidence would be that the judge said or did something to indicate he had a personal bias against Trump. What have you got?

Trials get moved on less than that.

IF the jury pool is tainted by publicity for example.

Judges and juries are two different animals.

THe similarity is that both violate the defendant's Right to a Fair and Impartial Trial.
Then why is his attorneys not working on that point?

Right, but likewise - JUST because a judge had a hispanic background - does not mean he can't be impartial on a case involving a university - there is nothing that indicates he dislikes Trump personally - no remarks, no actions, no exchanges *unlike your pedophile-judge-child example*.

Oh? There isn't?

Do you believe that?

I'm looking for actual evidence - not nebulous broad brush claims. Evidence would be that the judge said or did something to indicate he had a personal bias against Trump. What have you got?

THe similarity is that both violate the defendant's Right to a Fair and Impartial Trial.

But different instructions apply - for example a Judge isn't required to know nothing about the case. If that were the case - would it even be possible to have a trial? Who HASN'T heard of Trump?

Oh? There isn't?

Do you believe that?

If he thought he wasnt going to get a fair trial why didnt he petition the court to remove the judge?

Oh? There isn't?

Do you believe that?

Corral is on his end game. All you will get from him is deflections and more logical fallacies.

Says the king of logical fallacies.

If coyote is willing to discuss this seriously and honestly, I'll will return that respect.

I've been discussing this seriously. I'm looking for real evidence of a conflict of interest and none has been provided.

The judge seems to be a member of this group, which has called for a boycott of Trump.

Here is the press release.

PRESS RELEASE: The Hispanic National Bar Association Rejects Trump’s Racist Assertions

"The Hispanic National Bar Association represents the interests of nearly 54 million Hispanics/Latinos in the United States, which is approximately 17% of the U.S. population. By his recent derogatory remarks about Mexican immigrants, Donald Trump’s disrespect of such a large segment of the population of America is not only unbelievable, but outright wrong. His comment that Mexico only sends rapists and criminals to the United States reveals a racist nature that cannot and will not go unnoticed by the Hispanic National Bar Association nor the Latino community.

Those who seek our highest public office should attempt to engage all Americans, not divide us. His comments are clearly divisive and racist and do nothing to promote equality and justice for all. Trump’s statements reveal a bias that all Americans should reject and respond to accordingly. We cannot stand silent and allow Trump to promote such racist and discriminatory behavior. This is the time for all Americans to take a stand against his insensitive, offensive and untrue statements.

The HNBA calls for a boycott of all of Trump business ventures, including golf courses, hotels, and restaurants. We salute NBC/Universal, Univision and Macy’s for ending their association with Trump, and we join them in standing up against bigotry and racist rhetoric. "

The judge is a member of a group that wants to fight against Trump.

THis is a direct conflict of interest.

Every major problem we in America face has a direct link to and is made worse by illegal immigration...Healthcare, the deficit, crime, terrorism, education, prison overcrowding. I could go on and on.

If people said Trumpery cannot serve the best interests of the US because he's German ...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, he sure did. I just listened and watched him say the judge is Mexican. Go to the 1 minute mark of the video. He says the judge happens to be Mexican. Sorry, it is what it is.

That is exactly my point: He did not refer to the judge's race or ethnicity (Hispanic), but to his affiliation with Mexico. Read it again.

Wow. That's quite a stretch.

I wonder if this be Drumpf's next lie.

Yea, I am confused that there is any ambiguity here.

I've said all along that the RWs would twist themselves into pretzels to support thus man, who is arguably the worst candidate in our history.

Depressing is that after he loses, his fans will still be here.

The lowest common denominator of our country.

I really don't see the GOP falling in lockstep behind him. Seems to me they are swallowing hard and wishing he would shut his mouth. His supporters are the extremely pissed off GOPers who ant stand the leadership. It's a cluster fuck created by the GOP.

Per Conservative pundit Bill Krystal:

Official position of the leadership of the Republican Party: Trump is an inexcusable bigot, and Trump must be our next president.

Oh? There isn't?

Do you believe that?

Corral is on his end game. All you will get from him is deflections and more logical fallacies.

Says the king of logical fallacies.

If coyote is willing to discuss this seriously and honestly, I'll will return that respect.

I've been discussing this seriously. I'm looking for real evidence of a conflict of interest and none has been provided.

The judge seems to be a member of this group, which has called for a boycott of Trump.

Here is the press release.

PRESS RELEASE: The Hispanic National Bar Association Rejects Trump’s Racist Assertions

"The Hispanic National Bar Association represents the interests of nearly 54 million Hispanics/Latinos in the United States, which is approximately 17% of the U.S. population. By his recent derogatory remarks about Mexican immigrants, Donald Trump’s disrespect of such a large segment of the population of America is not only unbelievable, but outright wrong. His comment that Mexico only sends rapists and criminals to the United States reveals a racist nature that cannot and will not go unnoticed by the Hispanic National Bar Association nor the Latino community.

Those who seek our highest public office should attempt to engage all Americans, not divide us. His comments are clearly divisive and racist and do nothing to promote equality and justice for all. Trump’s statements reveal a bias that all Americans should reject and respond to accordingly. We cannot stand silent and allow Trump to promote such racist and discriminatory behavior. This is the time for all Americans to take a stand against his insensitive, offensive and untrue statements.

The HNBA calls for a boycott of all of Trump business ventures, including golf courses, hotels, and restaurants. We salute NBC/Universal, Univision and Macy’s for ending their association with Trump, and we join them in standing up against bigotry and racist rhetoric. "

The judge is a member of a group that wants to fight against Trump.

THis is a direct conflict of interest.

Except the judge is not part of the Hispanic National Bar Association.

But what the Hispanic National Bar Association is relevant to Hispanics

Washington, DC – The Hispanic National Bar Association represents the interests of nearly 54 million Hispanics/Latinos in the United States, which is approximately 17% of the U.S. population. By his recent derogatory remarks about Mexican immigrants, Donald Trump’s disrespect of such a large segment of the population of America is not only unbelievable, but outright wrong. His comment that Mexico only sends rapists and criminals to the United States reveals a racist nature that cannot and will not go unnoticed by the Hispanic National Bar Association nor the Latino community.

...and....for all you know, this judge could be a Trump supporter....No Joke: Trump Can Win Plenty of Latinos

Among the small subset of hispanic gop voters.

But you raise a valid point. A small percentage of hispanics do support Trump.

The odds are far more likely that this judge has a preconceived and highly negative opinion of Trump.

The majority of Americans have a preconceived and highly negative opinion of Trump. We can't disqualify every judge just because most Americans have highly negative opinions of Trump.
ny3t2cbxiuyd0gizj40hfg.png

Trump accuses this judge of being biased because this judge has ancestors from Mexico.

As Paul Ryan said- this is definition of racism.

According to the thought police, Donald Trump's reference to a judge being "Mexican" is a "racist" statement. I can't think of another country to which this would apply. Can you?

It seems to me that, in the context of the questionable lawsuit against Trump University, this reference has much more to do with the Judge's affiliation with La Raza, a political organization which actively circumvents U.S. immigration law. Given Trump's high profile political stance to the contrary, does not the Judge have a potential conflict of interest? Why should this be considered a "racist" issue?

P.S. Please look up "ad hominem" before responding.

it seems to me that any reference to the ethnic background of a judge-----by a defendant ----
IS REALLY DUMB

It’s the art of the deal…or apparently the art of the fraud.

...and....for all you know, this judge could be a Trump supporter....No Joke: Trump Can Win Plenty of Latinos

Among the small subset of hispanic gop voters.

But you raise a valid point. A small percentage of hispanics do support Trump.

The odds are far more likely that this judge has a preconceived and highly negative opinion of Trump.

The majority of Americans have a preconceived and highly negative opinion of Trump. We can't disqualify every judge just because most Americans have highly negative opinions of Trump.
ny3t2cbxiuyd0gizj40hfg.png

Trump accuses this judge of being biased because this judge has ancestors from Mexico.

As Paul Ryan said- this is definition of racism.

Yet Congressman Ryan supports Mr. Trump anyway because of his “principles”. Mr. Ryan….racisim is a republican principle these days.

Trump enjoys 37% support among Hispanic Americans today...these numbers will rise. Trump on pace to out do Bush with Hispanic Americans...Hillary is toast...they don't like her.

How would you apply that to Asclepias' Pedo example?

Judges, generally do NOT hate pedophiles.

Judges thus could and do give pedophiles fair and impartial trials.

ON the other hand, if a judge had a child that was molested by a specific pedophile, that Judge would hate that particular pedophile and should recluse himself from any trial of that particular pedophile.

For that pedophile has a RIght to a Fair and Impartial Trial.

Oh? There isn't?

Do you believe that?

Yet Trump has made no such request to the court.

Instead Trump just accuses the judge in public.

Almost like Trump is doing this for publicity, rather than he cares about the judge or the trial.

Oh? There isn't?

Do you believe that?

You would think that Trump's lawyers would be making that case if that was what they believed.

But they aren't.

Trump enjoys 37% support among Hispanic Americans today...these numbers will rise. Trump on pace to out do Bush with Hispanic Americans...Hillary is toast...they don't like her.

I am not seeing those numbers- 23% is what I can find. And this poll was taken before Trump's latest anti-Latino gaff.
New Poll: Latino Voters Meh on Clinton,Thumbs Down on Trump
The survey found 63 percent of registered Latino voters would pull the lever for Clinton on Election Day, compared to just 23 percent who said they planned to support Trump

Fully 74 percent of Latinos say they have an unfavorable view of the former reality television star

Forum List

Back