Why is Ja Morant in trouble for having a gun?

Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

I am trying to figure out why he is in trouble for having a gun?

Why isn't the NRA out defending him?

Why aren't right wing, conservatives defending him?

Isn't gun rights a big thing for the right?

Ja didn't put anyone's life in danger, he was in his own vehicle.
I don't know the terms in the contract he signed about his public behavior but this does seem a bit draconian.

The so called Founding Father's owned slaves. The only folks who could vote were white men who owned land. Tell me where I am wrong.

Yeah......the entire world had slavery.....our country ended slavery by making the democrats give up their slaves.

Africans sold each other to British, Spanish slavers.......

You seem to think that the country hasn't changed since 1776..........

What has the Republican Party done for black folks in the last 60yrs?

We haven't treated them like victims. We have fought to give them a chance to educate their children through school choice.....we clean up the cities so they can live safely..........and then the democrats win elections, with black votes, and black children are not educated, crime in black neighborhoods goes out of control, blacks are condemned to generational poverty and crime......

Voting democrat is just dumb....

Did you forget, we were slaves and you pretty much wiped out Native Americans.

No......diseases from the first Europeans arriving here took out a lot of the Native Americans....then democrat party member Andrew Jackson moved the Indians out west......

I am asking you Jackass, you are a Trump Humper, conservative that whines about 2nd Amendment rights. Why is your candyass quiet now?
Did the government arrest him? Did they deny him a gun? Is the Government involved in any way? So what does the 2nd Amendment or someones political affiliation have to do with this situation?

Ja Morant is in “trouble” because his employer doesn’t want their employees involved in that type of behavior. Morant can make all the Instagram videos playing with his guns he wants. He just can’t do it AND play in the NBA apparently.

Ja Morant is back in trouble after brandishing a gun on Instagram Live that made the rounds online in Saturday. The Memphis Grizzlies suspended him on Sunday from participating in any team-related activity, while the NBA will likely hand out a steeper punishment at the start of next season.

However, people online are starting to ask why Morant is in trouble for having a gun, given that it's in his right to own one as part of the Second Ammendment. One of those people was Fox News' Will Cain, who wondered the reasons for Morant's suspension.

"Explain to me something," Cain said on Twitter. "Does Ja Morant not have 2A rights? Can he not do what he wants outside of his work environment if it's still legal? It may be stupid, but I don't know what he's done to be suspended."

He is allowed to own a gun, assuming he isnt a felon. The problem is what he did with that gun. Waving it around like hes a gangster isnt a good look for the NFL. Theyve had far too many gun incidents already with other black players. They arent putting up with it anymore.

Yeah! What's the problem with a brutha walking through an airport with a handgun or 2 in his carry-on,!

People be trippin'!

He wasn't in the airport dumbass, he was in his own personal vehicle.

I read an article that stated weapons were found in a carry-on...

:dunno:

....not that I follow or care much about the 'CCPBA' or its thug / Chicom-owned players..ike Lebron.

We haven't treated them like victims. We have fought to give them a chance to educate their children through school choice.....we clean up the cities so they can live safely..........and then the democrats win elections, with black votes, and black children are not educated, crime in black neighborhoods goes out of control, blacks are condemned to generational poverty and crime......

Voting democrat is just dumb....
LOL, the correct answer is they haven't done a damn thing.

LOL, the correct answer is they haven't done a damn thing.

You are the person on here saying how awful it is for black people in the US and yet they keep voting for the same party (generally speaking) and expecting things to change. If things were nearly as bad for me as they you say they are for black people because of the Government, I'd personally be looking for someone else to vote for.

You are the person on here saying how awful it is for black people in the US and yet they keep voting for the same party (generally speaking) and expecting things to change. If things were nearly as bad for me as they you say they are for black people because of the Government, I'd personally be looking for someone else to vote for.
Why would black folks start voting for Republicans?

Why would black folks start voting for Republicans?

Yeah, after over a decade of voting Democrat and things still being shitty for them, elections are like 'Pavlov's Dog'. The word 'election' has them programmed to automatically vote 'Democrat'.

Those who don't are called 'Uncle Toms' ... 'If you don't vote Democrat YOU AIN'T BLACK'!

Forum List

Back