Why I like the Sixers Justin Anderson signing

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
For one, the Sixers lack SF depth.
I'm not sure Danny Green should be the starter, I'm hoping that Korkmaz continues progressing & becomes more consistant and they use him as the quick start select minutes Starting SF and be the JJ Redick type shooter, but at the SF position.
Curry and Korkmaz can be the shooters to open the floor that we haven't had since Redick and Convington.
Against teams with explosive SF and guards you can go with the more defensive talent in
Danny Green and this is where Justin Anderson comes in as helping the Sixers maintain their lead off the bench (a problem the last few years).
Anderson is sound defensively, but also per minute scoring and rebounding is pretty good, and will provide stability on the bench for those short minutes that always seems to destroy those huge Sixer's leads and it will be much needed depth if Ferguson does not progress & pan out.

Last edited:
Justin Anderson is a fringe NBA player IMO. I don’t see how he moves the needle for the sixers. I thought is was a bad idea to get rid of Richardson and Curry is a horrible defender. It’s a matter of time before Morey trades Embiid.

Justin Anderson is a fringe NBA player IMO. I don’t see how he moves the needle for the sixers. I thought is was a bad idea to get rid of Richardson and Curry is a horrible defender. It’s a matter of time before Morey trades Embiid.
It's context of duty =toughness, low minutes stability, maintain the lead.
Since the Sixers greatest challenge was in need to maintain the leads from the second and third bench then it is an important roll and it will be battled out by him and Ferguson for that third in line for playing time.
Sixers will be tough to play against and opposing teams will fear playing them, because now at center it will be non stop from Embid resting now you got Howard and with Green resting now you got a choice of Ferguson or Anderson.
Previously people complained that guards and SF walked all over our bench that there was no toughness nor defense besides Thybulle.

Last edited:
Quote from Furkan Korkmaz
On what he expects in 2020-21:
'Everybody knows that I can shoot. During this offseason, I got stronger. I got bigger. I worked on my dribbling.'

Like I said, if he can keep his trajectory & progress & get to that next level then the Sixers will have a well rounded deep team.

Forum List

Back