Zone1 Why I believe the Catholic Church is the little horn of the Book of Daniel

Isaiah is about Israel not Jesus. Why would Isaiah change context for one verse?
Jesus is the King of Israel. So, yes. all the OT was about Jesus. You simply have to recognize the prophecies. You are blinded by the foolishness of people. The question is, was Isaiah writing or was he speaking and scribes were writing? Maybe some of both. So, as he spoke about Israel in his day, he would often point out things to come so the people may have hope and stop their abominations and eventual destruction. Isaiah 29 is in no way about his time. There was no other book unearthed in his time that could confound the people and their lack of understanding.

Jesus is the King of Israel. So, yes. all the OT was about Jesus. You simply have to recognize the prophecies. You are blinded by the foolishness of people. The question is, was Isaiah writing or was he speaking and scribes were writing? Maybe some of both. So, as he spoke about Israel in his day, he would often point out things to come so the people may have hope and stop their abominations and eventual destruction. Isaiah 29 is in no way about his time. There was no other book unearthed in his time that could confound the people and their lack of understanding.
Jesus was never a king.

I think it's pretty obvious that the little horn was to come when the 4th beast was divided into 10 kingdoms. Most any Biblical scholar would agree that the 4 beasts represent the following kingdoms:

1st beast - kingdom of Babylon
2nd beast - kingdom of the Medes and Persians
3rd beast - kingdom of the Greeks
4th beast - the Roman Empire

Only after the 4th beast kingdom was divided into 10 kingdoms was the little horn to come forth. It was by this little horn that 3 of the 10 kingdoms were subdued which were the Heruli, Vandals, and Ostrogoths.

Antiochus IV Epiphanes was a Greek King who ruled from 175 BC to 164 BC. The Roman Empire came after his days and the 10 kingdoms came even later. It was way later when the little horn made his entrance on the world stage.

Daniel 7:7-8
7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

I don't change scripture. Why did they rededicate the temple????
I don’t change scripture either. I interpret scripture based on the true understanding of God. You reject God and look only at scripture as history only. Very sad.

I don’t change scripture either. I interpret scripture based on the true understanding of God. You reject God and look only at scripture as history only. Very sad.

No you don't. Antiochus IV Epiphanies was trying to hellenize the Jews. You skip over the reality of the times and go straight to attacking the Catholic Church.

No you don't. Antiochus IV Epiphanies was trying to hellenize the Jews. You skip over the reality of the times and go straight to attacking the Catholic Church.
You are just speaking with history and missing the big picture. I don’t care about the attempt to link this to the RCC. Daniel is prophecy of future events. Because you don’t believe the Bible to be the word of God, you can’t understand this.

You are just speaking with history and missing the big picture. I don’t care about the attempt to link this to the RCC. Daniel is prophecy of future events. Because you don’t believe the Bible to be the word of God, you can’t understand this.
Try reading Daniel.

In Revelation, it's revealed that a beast had two horns like a lamb but spoke as a dragon. This signifies the false prophet who will arise to work with a world leader known as the anti-christ to push satan's agenda on the world. Currently, the anti-christ spirit has engulfed the entire world, so it's just a matter of time before these two make their appearance on the world stage.

Revelation 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

In Revelation, it's revealed that a beast had two horns like a lamb but spoke as a dragon. This signifies the false prophet who will arise to work with a world leader known as the anti-christ to push satan's agenda on the world. Currently, the anti-christ spirit has engulfed the entire world, so it's just a matter of time before these two make their appearance on the world stage.

Revelation 13
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Yes, this beast forces the inhabitants of the earth to worship the first beast. During the Dark Ages if many did not worship as the Pope directed, they suffered the results of the Inquisition and were put to death. Thankfully this power was removed in 1798 from the Roman Papacy and that beast was not any more.

Revelation 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Will the Papacy regain its powers that it had during the dark ages? Is it the beast that was, and is not, and yet is?

Yes, this beast forces the inhabitants of the earth to worship the first beast. During the Dark Ages if many did not worship as the Pope directed, they suffered the results of the Inquisition and were put to death. Thankfully this power was removed in 1798 from the Roman Papacy and that beast was not any more.

Revelation 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Will the Papacy regain its powers that it had during the dark ages? Is it the beast that was, and is not, and yet is?

That's about Nero. He died of some variation on assisted suicide. The people were terrified that he would come back with an army of Parthans from across the river and start the persecutions all over again.

Domitan was seen as the reincarnation of Nero.

Forum List

Back