Why hasn't the Confederate flag been banned yet?

Nice effort and welcome to the USMB Daryl..

Your revisionist history lesson has failed miserably but luckily your reality based history lesson has arrived.. :wink_2:

A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism

View attachment 150475

Your cite is correct. But it leaves out the whys and the hows. I filled it in. Just how did it get where it is now? History is a wonderful thing and shouldn't be cherry picked.

Eh, I'm not really in the mood to do a lot of research on your chosen .. opinion mostly/facts not so much ..

Maybe some other time when I'm not posting on several threads...

Then I guess you will just have to take my word on it since I bothered to do the research. I will admit that what I wrote was from a few years of research. And I omitted the sites that were pretty well biased or just plain untrue. When you get the time, take bits of what I wrote and search for it. As I said, it's taken me a couple of years to get to that point. Especially with all the garbage that's out there.

You seem like a reasonable fellow, I'm thinkin I'll take you up on that.

The problem with multifaceted posts is that they require too much dedication of time. There are areas around here for that kinda intensity but for most forums it's quick and to the point unless you plan on being disappointed...

Just giving you my opinion and pleased to meet you... :beer:

In other words Lumpers is not interested in "facts", he just wants "bullshit" short and sweet, like that bullshit post you and I both shot down. And he can't deal with historical context especially when they get in the way of a good butthurt snark post.

Your historical compendium above is admirable, although the dates are somewhat off. I date the shift of the RP to the wealthy/corporations to the turn of the (19t/20th) century more or less concurrent with the DP absorbing the Populists.

Slavery and racism of course are not political party issues per Lumpster's inane fantasies, but we've already established that.

Guess some people just live to see their name on the internets.

I'm interested in facts and have presented them, you're fully gullible to revisionist history written by liberal lying sacks of shit. It's really that simple Pogo. The Democratic Party was formed around maintaining slavery in America, to me that makes it political regardless of your inane excuses and fake/boring revisionist history.

btw. nothing is going to change my point of view or yours on this but you are a Democrat. Truth and Democrats rarely agree. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
Your cite is correct. But it leaves out the whys and the hows. I filled it in. Just how did it get where it is now? History is a wonderful thing and shouldn't be cherry picked.

Eh, I'm not really in the mood to do a lot of research on your chosen .. opinion mostly/facts not so much ..

Then I guess you will just have to take my word on it since I bothered to do the research. I will admit that what I wrote was from a few years of research. And I omitted the sites that were pretty well biased or just plain untrue. When you get the time, take bits of what I wrote and search for it. As I said, it's taken me a couple of years to get to that point. Especially with all the garbage that's out there.

The problem with multifaceted posts is that they require too much dedication of time. There are areas around here for that kinda intensity but for most forums it's quick and to the point unless you plan on being disappointed...

In other words Lumpers is not interested in "facts", he just wants "bullshit" short and sweet, like that bullshit post you and I both shot down. And he can't deal with historical context especially when they get in the way of a good butthurt snark post.

Your historical compendium above is admirable, although the dates are somewhat off. I date the shift of the RP to the wealthy/corporations to the turn of the (19t/20th) century more or less concurrent with the DP absorbing the Populists.

Slavery and racism of course are not political party issues per Lumpster's inane fantasies, but we've already established that.

I'm interested in facts and have presented them, you're fully gullible to revisionist history written by liberal lying sacks of shit. It's really that simple Pogo. The Democratic Party was formed around maintaining slavery in America, to me that makes it political regardless of your inane excuses and fake/boring revisionist history.

btw. nothing is going to change my point of view or yours on this but you are a Democrat. Truth and Democrats rarely agree. :eusa_shhh:

One very small factor you have there, cupcake. I am not a liberal. I am a true conservative and always have been. I think the proper term would be "Progressive Conservative" much like Lincoln, Teddy R and Eisenhower. I suggest you do research on Tory and Labor to see where both parties actually came from. Democrats and Whigs. Then do some research on the reason the Republican Party was formed in 1845. You do have a lot of reading to do. It's okay to be ignorant but staying that way like you is just stupid.

One very small factor you have there, cupcake. I am not a liberal. I am a true conservative and always have been. I think the proper term would be "Progressive Conservative" much like Lincoln, Teddy R and Eisenhower. I suggest you do research on Tory and Labor to see where both parties actually came from. Democrats and Whigs. Then do some research on the reason the Republican Party was formed in 1845. You do have a lot of reading to do. It's okay to be ignorant but staying that way like you is just stupid.

Agree with you or you're stupid.. :laugh:

I've studied plenty and I'm always open to knowledge, work on your insecurities and try bottom line logic over emotion, boredom and now adolescent silliness..

I've studied plenty and I'm always open to knowledge, work on your insecurities and try bottom line logic over emotion, boredom and now adolescent silliness..

Sure am glad that you can paraphrase what your Therapists said. And thank you for seeking mental help.

Nope. And it speaks volumes about your abject disinterest in facts that you just posted "you are a Democrat". Actually I'm a member of the largest political party faction in this nation which is "None" and I've made that clear on this board from the beginning which is five years now. Yet you're as oblivious to this as you are to the concept of a history book.

As I've stated the obvious for years to the oblivious here, slavery isn't a political party invention --- it's been a part of human cultures on every continent except Antarctica for millennia, LONG before there were political parties, LONG before there was a country or colonies here, LONG before there was a Western civilization or its kingdoms or religions. And the guy who formally organized the Jacksonians into the Democratic Party was himself an abolitionist. So your puerile attemtps to play partisan hack football with racism -- which is a social institution, not a political one --- is transparent as a pane of glass.

Daryl's correct, you don't have a clue about these histories you treat with all the cavalier gravity of whether a ground ball to the shortstop should have been scored an error.

This ain't a game, chump.

Nope. And it speaks volumes about your abject disinterest in facts that you just posted "you are a Democrat". Actually I'm a member of the largest political party faction in this nation which is "None" and I've made that clear on this board from the beginning which is five years now. Yet you're as oblivious to this as you are to the concept of a history book.

As I've stated the obvious for years to the oblivious here, slavery isn't a political party invention --- it's been a part of human cultures on every continent except Antarctica for millennia, LONG before there were political parties, LONG before there was a country or colonies here, LONG before there was a Western civilization or its kingdoms or religions. And the guy who formally organized the Jacksonians into the Democratic Party was himself an abolitionist. So your puerile attemtps to play partisan hack football with racism -- which is a social institution, not a political one --- is transparent as a pane of glass.

Daryl's correct, you don't have a clue about these histories you treat with all the cavalier gravity of whether a ground ball to the shortstop should have been scored an error.

I laid out a factual informative post. Is it perfect; No. Is it completely accurate; No. The information is correct 100% give or take a decade or two.

I no longer communicate with one of my neighbors. I got sick and tired of hearing, more or less, "Its Obama's Fault" on everything. I let them know one day about what I thought about Trump. They don't even recognize me anymore. These are not the brightest bulbs as it stands. They are borderline (or worse) poverty and want to find someone to blame all their pain and suffering on. In reality, they chose the paths they have taken to get exactly no where. I used to be a Republican. I used to be Teaparty. But both have moved so far away from my core values that they border on domestic terrorism support these days. I see them in the same lot as the Democrats in that respect. Our two party system is so broke it can never be repaired.

Sure am glad that you can paraphrase what your Therapists said. And thank you for seeking mental help.

:laugh: .. great response.. stick around Daryl Hunt... :thup:

Isn't that Confedarate flag supporting racism, white supremecy and another completely different state ?
I love easy questions

We in the blues states support red state economies enough already. We don't want red state economies to totally collapse

Sure it's a game, it's an exercise in futility that you take far too seriously when it really comes down to entertainment.

Go ahead and deny the Democratic Parties history and present all you like and deny your allegiance as well if it makes you feel good, I don't care.

It was well written Pogo... a little too long but then I do prefer members just getting to the point without much blah blah..

Isn't that Confedarate flag supporting racism, white supremecy and another completely different state ?

I do not think so. Secession of southern states was a movement in the mid 19th century over many issues---
one of which was slavery which ----at that time----was a phenomenon acceptable to a whole bunch of
people. It is still legal in Mauritania. Decent people in the USA have fully rejected it. Is the flag of
Mauritania illegal in the USA? Is the Union Jack illegal in the USA-----some Irish people see it as the flag
of oppressors

Slavery is not legal in Mauritania. Or anywhere else.

So no slaves exist anywhere in the world?

I love easy questions

We in the blues states support red state economies enough already. We don't want red state economies to totally collapse

Strange that the Blue portion of my State is the ONLY one where more than 20% use food stamps. Interestingly enough, it's also the only one with a black majority (60%) and a black representative. Same things applies to 2 districts to the state to the north and 2 districts to the state to the south.

I do not think so. Secession of southern states was a movement in the mid 19th century over many issues---
one of which was slavery which ----at that time----was a phenomenon acceptable to a whole bunch of
people. It is still legal in Mauritania. Decent people in the USA have fully rejected it. Is the flag of
Mauritania illegal in the USA? Is the Union Jack illegal in the USA-----some Irish people see it as the flag
of oppressors

slavery is very recently -------FORMALLY illegal in Mauritania----and Saudi Arabia. I would not
be surprised if AL BAGHDADDY made a formal declaration that "ISLAM OUTLAWS SLAVERY"
There is lots of slavery in the world------which exists with the full support of government and community

of oppressors

slavery is very recently -------FORMALLY illegal in Mauritania----and Saudi Arabia. I would not
be surprised if AL BAGHDADDY made a formal declaration that "ISLAM OUTLAWS SLAVERY"
There is lots of slavery in the world------which exists with the full support of government and community

Since slavery does exist with, as you say, "the full support of the government and community", that makes it legal and refutes Pogo's claim that it's not legal anywhere.

of oppressors

Does that make it right or moral?

of oppressors

Since slavery does exist with, as you say, "the full support of the government and community", that makes it legal and refutes Pogo's claim that it's not legal anywhere.

no-------not exactly------LEGAL means "LAW ON THE BOOKS" IMO. Customary winking is like "government and community support"

of oppressors

Make what right or moral?

of oppressors

no-------not exactly------LEGAL means "LAW ON THE BOOKS" IMO. Customary winking is like "government and community support"

Since the government is the one doing the winking, it's legal whether it's on the books or not. There's nothing in the Constitution that says the federal government has any delegated authority over healthcare, marriage, or lots of other things. Does that mean they aren't legal since the Constitution doesn't grant that power and the only way they can be upheld if for the Court to "wink"?

of oppressors

True...not technically legal.

of oppressors

Make what right or moral?

If you have to ask then you neither right nor moral.

Forum List

Back