Why Grenfell Tower Burned: Regulators Put Cost Before Safety

Yanno idb, I wouldn't call Dalia a cow. Cows are useful.
This is insulting I do not see why you come to insult me like that?
What's your problem ?

Because of your inane posts claiming that Grenfell is a luxury condo. Others have posted facts about it that are in direct contradiction with what you claimed.

Besides, you were the one that started the insulting first by calling every one looney leftists if they didn't agree with you.

Don't want to get insulted? Don't insult others. Simple, even for someone with only 2 brain cells to rub together such as yourself.

This is insulting I do not see why you come to insult me like that?
What's your problem ?

Because of your inane posts claiming that Grenfell is a luxury condo. Others have posted facts about it that are in direct contradiction with what you claimed.

Besides, you were the one that started the insulting first by calling every one looney leftists if they didn't agree with you.

Don't want to get insulted? Don't insult others. Simple, even for someone with only 2 brain cells to rub together such as yourself.
Hey he came around and call me first a cow OK.. and you come to defend him. but i see that nobody defend me each time i don't need it.

I they said that the cladding was put on the building to make it look "nicer" for the rich people living around them.

Hello,

A great post from Lucy Hamilton at a other thread that explain the Inside of the Grenfell Tower.

I'm not sure how many of those people were technically poor as in poverty.

Here are some pictures of what those flats in Grenfell Tower looked like before the horrendous disaster and are people in Britain considered poor if the rent on those flats was £2,000 a month? I'm sorry poor people do NOT live in apartment buildings where the flats cost £2,000 a month to rent.

So this terrible situation has nothing to do with the economics of the people who lived in Grenfell Tower, but Leftists WANT to use this as a Rich vs Poor political football to attempt to cause division, which is a typical Leftist Strategy of driving wedges and pitting one group of people against the other and to use an horrific tragedy as Grenfell Tower to do this is lower than low.

Do poor people live in flats like the one below from Grenfell Tower? I think not.

upload_2017-6-16_19-40-9-png.133530

upload_2017-6-16_19-40-43-png.133531

upload_2017-6-16_19-41-12-png.133532

upload_2017-6-16_19-41-41-png.133533

upload_2017-6-16_19-42-39-png.133536

London fire: Inside the £2,000-a-month Grenfell Tower flats before the blaze

"A huge fire has raged through a 24-storey block of flats in north Kensington, killing at least 12 people and leaving many more missing or injured.

The inferno broke out at Grenfell Tower, home to hundreds of residents in the Lancaster West Estate shortly before 1am on Wednesday morning.

The blaze is thought to have started on the third or fourth floor before destroying flat after flat as flames and smoke ripped through the block.

Grenfell Tower, which was built in 1974, is owned by Kensington and Chelsea council and run by its housing association, Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation.

The block contains 120 flats made up of a mix of social housing and also private homes which are sold or rented out by KCTMO.

Last year a multi-million pound refurbishment of the block was completed which included work to modernise the tower with cladding and replacement windows.

One of the two-bed flats, on the 18th floor of the building, was listed to rent at the end of the last year for £1,971 a month.

Photos of the inside of the flat shows a fitted kitchen, open plan living room, two double bedrooms, bathroom and separate toilet.

The advert boasts of the flat’s location near to Latimer Road Tube station and says the property is well insulated”.

Inside the £2k-a-month Grenfell Tower flats before the blaze

Lucy Hamilton post at the forum :

How much is a poor persons life worth ?
Do some research you miserable cow.
You accuse others of being divisive over this issue but it's people like you that are trying to start conflict.

Since its construction in the 1970s, Grenfell Tower has been considered social housing, which means that rent is maintained at a low price by law. It’s owned by a local council that’s legally obligated to provide housing for people in its neighborhood who are homeless or in need. Units are supposed to be kept at affordable prices for people with low incomes.

When the building was constructed, it was completely dedicated to affordable social housing, said David Ireland, the director of the Building and Social Housing Foundation based in the UK. Since then, however, some units have been bought by residents who often rent them out at a drastically higher market price. Approximately 20 percent of the units in Grenfell Tower were rented at more expensive rates.
Grenfell Tower, explained: how a deadly fire in London became a political crisis
This has been seen in all low cost housing well off people living there at cheap rent those people cheat the system. They've been found to live well off with low rent hardly no utility bills. Plus help from charities because of their address. Scum

I they said that the cladding was put on the building to make it look "nicer" for the rich people living around them.

Hello,

A great post from Lucy Hamilton at a other thread that explain the Inside of the Grenfell Tower.

Here are some pictures of what those flats in Grenfell Tower looked like before the horrendous disaster and are people in Britain considered poor if the rent on those flats was £2,000 a month? I'm sorry poor people do NOT live in apartment buildings where the flats cost £2,000 a month to rent.

So this terrible situation has nothing to do with the economics of the people who lived in Grenfell Tower, but Leftists WANT to use this as a Rich vs Poor political football to attempt to cause division, which is a typical Leftist Strategy of driving wedges and pitting one group of people against the other and to use an horrific tragedy as Grenfell Tower to do this is lower than low.

Do poor people live in flats like the one below from Grenfell Tower? I think not.

"A huge fire has raged through a 24-storey block of flats in north Kensington, killing at least 12 people and leaving many more missing or injured.

The inferno broke out at Grenfell Tower, home to hundreds of residents in the Lancaster West Estate shortly before 1am on Wednesday morning.

The blaze is thought to have started on the third or fourth floor before destroying flat after flat as flames and smoke ripped through the block.

Grenfell Tower, which was built in 1974, is owned by Kensington and Chelsea council and run by its housing association, Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation.

The block contains 120 flats made up of a mix of social housing and also private homes which are sold or rented out by KCTMO.

Last year a multi-million pound refurbishment of the block was completed which included work to modernise the tower with cladding and replacement windows.

One of the two-bed flats, on the 18th floor of the building, was listed to rent at the end of the last year for £1,971 a month.

Photos of the inside of the flat shows a fitted kitchen, open plan living room, two double bedrooms, bathroom and separate toilet.

The advert boasts of the flat’s location near to Latimer Road Tube station and says the property is well insulated”.

You accuse others of being divisive over this issue but it's people like you that are trying to start conflict.

Since its construction in the 1970s, Grenfell Tower has been considered social housing, which means that rent is maintained at a low price by law. It’s owned by a local council that’s legally obligated to provide housing for people in its neighborhood who are homeless or in need. Units are supposed to be kept at affordable prices for people with low incomes.

When the building was constructed, it was completely dedicated to affordable social housing, said David Ireland, the director of the Building and Social Housing Foundation based in the UK. Since then, however, some units have been bought by residents who often rent them out at a drastically higher market price. Approximately 20 percent of the units in Grenfell Tower were rented at more expensive rates.
Grenfell Tower, explained: how a deadly fire in London became a political crisis
This has been seen in all low cost housing well off people living there at cheap rent those people cheat the system. They've been found to live well off with low rent hardly no utility bills. Plus help from charities because of their address. Scum
There are always people trying to rip off others or 'the system'.

Hello,

She got my dander up, by gum!
Maybe you could have posted her a link of research instead of jumping her for her reposting. Just saying.

Hello,

She got my dander up, by gum!
Maybe you could have posted her a link of research instead of jumping her for her reposting. Just saying.
Did you not see the link I posted for her?

And...as far as her simply reposting...she also editorialised her repost to accuse 'leftists' of creating division because 'that's what they do'.
Her repost is designed to create division by accusing the Grenfell Towers residents of being well-off contrary to how they have been presented in the news as well as her comment about 'leftists'.

Yanno, I think that Dalia can fuck the straight off and get bent.

Bitches like her with no heart deserve all the derision they get.

Sorry about the big words, she probably has to look all of them up, but hopefully you don't.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Hello,

True but low cost housing seem to get hit most. The ones I've remodeled or worked on. A lot of the tenants drive expensive vehicles. Top of the line furnishings. They are better off than many middle-class families struggling to make ends meet.

Last edited:
Residents of Grenfell Tower had complained for years that the 24-story public housing block invited catastrophe. It lacked fire alarms, sprinklers and a fire escape. It had only a single staircase. And there were concerns about a new aluminum facade that was supposed to improve the building — but was now whisking the flames skyward.

The facade, Mr. Adam said, “burned like a fire that you pour petrol on.”

What’s left out of this essay is that the refitting was also designed along environmental lines. They wanted Green apartment buildings.

cladding-720.png

25Londonfire07-superJumbo.jpg

If you click on the photo at the link it will take you to 10 photos. The story is @ Why Grenfell Tower Burned: Regulators Put Cost Before Safety
^ dumb liberal was to kill facade refitting industry by increasing regulations
Yeah, because obviously less regulations is the way to prevent this.

Why don't the RWs complain about trump using inferior steel from China instead of superior US steel?

What about the other cost cutting trump is known for"

TWs don't care that he refuses to hire Americans or but American but his habitual use of inferior building materials could endanger people.

Oh well, it's not as though they're fetuses.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Residents of Grenfell Tower had complained for years that the 24-story public housing block invited catastrophe. It lacked fire alarms, sprinklers and a fire escape. It had only a single staircase. And there were concerns about a new aluminum facade that was supposed to improve the building — but was now whisking the flames skyward.

What’s left out of this essay is that the refitting was also designed along environmental lines. They wanted Green apartment buildings.

cladding-720.png

If you click on the photo at the link it will take you to 10 photos. The story is @ Why Grenfell Tower Burned: Regulators Put Cost Before Safety
^ dumb liberal was to kill facade refitting industry by increasing regulations
Yeah, because obviously less regulations is the way to prevent this.

Why don't the RWs complain about trump using inferior steel from China instead of superior US steel?

What about the other cost cutting trump is known for"

TWs don't care that he refuses to hire Americans or but American but his habitual use of inferior building materials could endanger people.

Oh well, it's not as though they're fetuses.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel tofail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn't fail 1,000 times it was Donald Trump fault".

Here's what some of the condos looked like BEFORE the fire:

grenfell-tower-fire-kensington-row-1704-hero.jpg

Here's what some of the condos looked like BEFORE the fire:

Did they come fully furnished with all the items shown. If one can afford all that why are they in low cost housing?

cladding-720.png

Hello, thank you longknife for the picture at a other post,

i appreciate your nice intervention !
A video that show what happen with the fire.

Forum List

Back