Why does Trump want to remove security clearances for ex-intel officials?

Patriot52

Jul 14, 2018
Great Pacific Northwest
Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.
He is moving to deactivate clearances from people who know longer have a need to know. This is a good thing, there are probably many people walking around with full access to classified information even though they have left the job that required it. That is a violation of the NISPOM. There should be a government audit to insure these clearances are deactivated.

Because they are now speaking politically...two of them are working for fake news CNN and MSNBC....Clapper and Brennan the Traitor....and one wrote an anti Trump book that didn't sell...Comey the Clown...

I am okay with their losing their clearance, but ... I don't like the reason behind it, aka, Trump is mad because they criticized him. It feels quite wrong, like he should be immune from criticism ... don't say anything negative about this president (no matter what he does) OR ELSE!

Why do former Government employees need a security clearance ?

I am okay with their losing their clearance, but ... I don't like the reason behind it, aka, Trump is mad because they criticized him. It feels quite wrong, like he should be immune from criticism ... don't say anything negative about this president (no matter what he does) OR ELSE!
Don't be silly. This is too convenient a conclusion to jump to. They just shouldn't have those clearances that's all.

Why do ex-intel officials need security clearances? Do they think they deserve them? They should automatically be stripped of clearances when they leave the job (or when they get fired).

It should be automatic the second one leaves service, or the job that needs such clearance.

When is this autrocracy and dictatorship supposed to start? Considering he follows court orders, the rule of law, doesn't imprison journalists or political enemies......when does this dictatorship start?

Why do ex-intel officials need security clearances? Do they think they deserve them? They should automatically be stripped of clearances when they leave the job (or when they get fired).

Beat me to it; yes, that should be obvious, but apparently isn't for some reason I wouldn't know, unless it's related to the possibility of being hired by a security firm contracting with the gov/military.

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.

Considering the people with these clearences used fake information to get FISA warrants to spy on the opposition political party during an election, they should not only lose their clearance, they should be in jail.

Beat me to it; yes, that should be obvious, but apparently isn't for some reason I wouldn't know, unless it's related to the possibility of being hired by a security firm contracting with the gov/military.

That is exactly the reason many people in the military make sure theirs is redone not long before getting out, already having a clearance can be the difference between getting a job and not getting it

Considering the people with these clearences used fake information to get FISA warrants to spy on the opposition political party during an election, they should not only lose their clearance, they should be in jail.

16245844521_ec440a4649_b.jpg

It should be automatic the second one leaves service, or the job that needs such clearance.

Why? A great many jobs in the civilian world need them and the money has already been spent to do all the background work to get them. Why waste it all starting from scratch?

16245844521_ec440a4649_b.jpg

Moron, the FISA applications show that they lied to Federal judges repeatedly to get and renew those FISA warrants... you can't lie about it anymore, anyone can now read the application.....

Don't be silly. This is too convenient a conclusion to jump to. They just shouldn't have those clearances that's all.

Then why is this suddenly coming up after these very same people criticized the president for his performance in Helsinki?

Sanders even gave their "political activity" as the reason it is being looked into. Not because they left their jobs and no longer need clearance. The reason provided is that "they said something we didn't like. Time to punish them for it."

Forum List

Back