Why do the Democrats keep saying the Republicans want to end medicare or S.S.

This is totally a false statement. In Ryans plan he wants it reformed so we have something for us and our children. Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above. If something is not done there would be nothing left for us. I know our family is preparing for this. Savings, 401Ks , husband military retirement ect .. We are not going to prepare for us to get social security because their is a lot of doubt that we will even receive it and the way Obama is going that doubt is becoming reality :eusa_whistle:

Actually it is part true. Those of us who are willing to even admit that they both have very serious Structural problems going forward. Are in a way seeking to end them, as we know them at least. However the question we should be asking is if Democrats are for the poor and social Welfare. Then why are they not for ending them as we know them as well? They are both failing, and are unsustainable currently. We must make changes to insure their survival, and our nations survival. We on the right want to change them, to save them, not to destroy them.

That is the big lie the Liberals tell, Nothing new, it's what they do.
The only reason the these two programs are in trouble is the Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes have not been increased enough to cover medical and retirement costs and retirement age has not been adjusted to account for longer life spans.

Even with S.S, Americans are saving less than half the amount needed to retire. Without S.S. and Medicare the country would have a huge old age welfare system, far more expensive than these programs because it would be funded 100% by the government without any employee or employer contributions.

Yes it will be hard for the seniors using Medicare.

It will be harder for those coming behind them when it goes over the cliff.

Tell us again the lefts fix for Medicare???

Reduce the size of the military by 1/2 for starters.

We did that already, just in case you hadn't noticed.

Now how do we fix SS and medicare, I keep listening but I guess my hearing isn't what it used to be.

Now how do we fix SS and medicare, I keep listening but I guess my hearing isn't what it used to be.

We've reduced military spending? Not even democrats have done that. Obama increased spending by invading libya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Yeah and as soon as Iran has a nuclear weapon and knows we dont have the military power to stop them. Yeah thats a smart answer. Our military is why people dont really attack us:cuckoo:

Yeah and as soon as Iran has a nuclear weapon and knows we dont have the military power to stop them. Yeah thats a smart answer. Our military is why people dont really attack us:cuckoo:

How many nukes do we need to defeat Iran in a nuclear war?

Thats your fix?? Moving money from one part of the Govt to another??

Doesn't address the problems with Medicare. Doesn't address the cost.

You can't address the cost unless you're willing to take on the healthcare industry and make it work for less.

How do you propose to do that?

You do realize don't you that senior healthcare is extremely expensive no matter who is paying for it, don't you?

From where it is NOW, genius.

We've reduced military spending? Not even democrats have done that. Obama increased spending by invading libya.

No, they are spending as much as ever, more than likely, but they did reduce the size of the military........By about 1/2 since 1970.......

Which language would you like to learn? Cutting the military sounds so damned easy, until you need them.

We need a military as expensive as the rest of the world combined for what exactly? Who are we defending ourselves from in Europe, in Korea, in Japan, in the ME?

Our military is a make-work project for the defense industry.

Which language would you like to learn? Cutting the military sounds so damned easy, until you need them.

We need a military as expensive as the rest of the world combined for what exactly? Who are we defending ourselves from in Europe, in Korea, in Japan, in the ME?

Now we are seeing the light. Yes there are some things that can be safely trimmed from the defense budget. (If the Democrats would actually write a budget.) But cutting the manpower any further should not be one of those things.

No, they are spending as much as ever, more than likely, but they did reduce the size of the military........By about 1/2 since 1970.......

They did cut the size of the Military and then they let it grow again

While the numbers are somewhat lower the budget is back to where it was in the Cold War. The post Cold War savings were short lived

Are you surprised?

Come on Ollie. Save us the fear mongering

You want to know what sized military we really need to protect the US from being invaded?

We need about twenty multiple warhead atomic weapons

Correct, and the most deserving of deep, comprehensive cuts to address the deficit and preserve social programs.

You want to know what sized military we really need to protect the US from being invaded?

We need about twenty multiple warhead atomic weapons.

Also correct – the conventional military is an anachronism, in violation of the Framers’ original intent, and has been the personal, private army of presidents for the last 60 years with mostly disastrous results – hence the Framers’ original intent.

You are so wrong.

You clearly lack objectivity and should recuse yourself form the debate.

The fact is the conventional military – ground troops, tanks, etc, play no role whatsoever in this Nation’s ‘defense.’ Indeed, we sought out or started most of the conflicts in the last 60 years, having nothing to do with ‘defending’ America.

And the conventional military is particularly unsuited for fighting ‘terror’ (one can’t make war on an emotion), which would be best addressed by intelligence and security forces.

Correct, and the most deserving of deep, comprehensive cuts to address the deficit and preserve social programs.

We need about twenty multiple warhead atomic weapons.

Also correct – the conventional military is an anachronism, in violation of the Framers’ original intent, and has been the personal, private army of presidents for the last 60 years with mostly disastrous results – hence the Framers’ original intent.

You are so wrong.

You clearly lack objectivity and should recuse yourself form the debate.

The fact is the conventional military – ground troops, tanks, etc, play no role whatsoever in this Nation’s ‘defense.’ Indeed, we sought out or started most of the conflicts in the last 60 years, having nothing to do with ‘defending’ America.

And the conventional military is particularly unsuited for fighting ‘terror’ (one can’t make war on an emotion), which would be best addressed by intelligence and security forces.

You sir, are a fool.

Now we are seeing the light. Yes there are some things that can be safely trimmed from the defense budget. (If the Democrats would actually write a budget.) But cutting the manpower any further should not be one of those things.
The Democrats did write a budget. The president submitted the 2011 budget to congress in Feb 2010 and the 2012 budget to congress in Feb 2011.

This is totally a false statement. In Ryans plan he wants it reformed so we have something for us and our children. Plus, his current plan does not affect anyone 55 and above. If something is not done there would be nothing left for us. I know our family is preparing for this. Savings, 401Ks , husband military retirement ect .. We are not going to prepare for us to get social security because their is a lot of doubt that we will even receive it and the way Obama is going that doubt is becoming reality :eusa_whistle:

Because the people that are currently running the GOP, the Teabaggers, have stated that many times.

Forum List

Back