Why do parents want us to be bullied?

Fact of life - there are winners and losers.

But even "losers" can be winners if they don't quit, accept themselves as they are and enjoy life in spite of it.

I took leave (not quit) from a job once because of poor health. I was living off of ramon noodles and doing manual labor. I just couldn't continue the job.

When I was eating better doing that job, I had no problems with the physicalness of the job.

Eggs and bananas are cheap too :)

Someone(s) was also interfering with where I lived that would have made a difference in whether or not I continued working.

Fact of life - there are winners and losers.

But even "losers" can be winners if they don't quit, accept themselves as they are and enjoy life in spite of it.

I took leave (not quit) from a job once because of poor health. I was living off of ramon noodles and doing manual labor. I just couldn't continue the job.

When I was eating better doing that job, I had no problems with the physicalness of the job.

Eggs and bananas are cheap too :)

Someone(s) was also interfering with where I lived that would have made a difference in whether or not I continued working.

People suffer bad times, we need to know how to cope and deal with them.
I would work 2 or 3 jobs if I had to. But that's me. I don't feel that I'm entitled to anything.
If I have a roof over my head and food to eat, I'm good. But, that's me. I don't have health issues so it's easy for me to say...

Many if not most parents are very heavy on that you are worth what your work is worth. So you want to do a good job at school, and you want to do a good job at your other jobs. And you begin to put your work above most things.

Then some mean teacher has a bad day and rips up your drawing to force you to do it all over again. Or a project manager realizes that you are programmed this way, so he sends the most impossible junk into your hand, just to blame you if you are not done with it on time if at all. Or an accountant just suddenly decides that market conditions want to fire you. How much are you worth then?

So, why is it a good idea for parents to hand us over to bullies?

I am speculating, that either they want to push their failures onto us, or it is simply entertaining for them when we suffer.

Your take?

Grow up.

Many if not most parents are very heavy on that you are worth what your work is worth. So you want to do a good job at school, and you want to do a good job at your other jobs. And you begin to put your work above most things.

Then some mean teacher has a bad day and rips up your drawing to force you to do it all over again. Or a project manager realizes that you are programmed this way, so he sends the most impossible junk into your hand, just to blame you if you are not done with it on time if at all. Or an accountant just suddenly decides that market conditions want to fire you. How much are you worth then?

I am speculating, that either they want to push their failures onto us, or it is simply entertaining for them when we suffer.

Your take?

Grow up.

why are you such an ass? Do you think that is helpful? LOL!

People suffer bad times, we need to know how to cope and deal with them...

My faith helps me...the people who were harassing me only fortified my faith if they were meaning to weaken it. I like it says in the Bible was being persecuted from city to city.

I would work 2 or 3 jobs if I had to. But that's me. I don't feel that I'm entitled to anything.
If I have a roof over my head and food to eat, I'm good. But, that's me. I don't have health issues so it's easy for me to say...

You are also very fortunate if your government isn't harassing you for no reason.

Oh we all have our tests. I could tell you about some of mine.
I'm just seeing if I can hold it together day by day.......

But when you are a Christian be prepared to have it put to you - you will be tested.
It's worth it.

Your take?

Your take?

Grow up.

.... Do you think that is helpful?.....

It's the only useful advice he's going to get.

I need to come out with a list of Jerks to avoid on USMB.

I wonder if that is against the rules..?

Your take?

Grow up.

.... Do you think that is helpful?.....

It's the only useful advice he's going to get.

Naw, maybe tell him to ignore others ... grow up? hmmm
It just sounds curt and mean.
He's already grown up, he just has to know what he is experiencing is normal!

..... ... grow up? hmmm
It just sounds curt and mean......

That's how life is, whether he likes it or not. Any 'advice' that offers excuses or ways to avoid and/or deny that reality are not in his best interests.

Doing evil brings it own suffering results to those who do evil. You can't blame others when YOU do evil.

(Talking about others and NOT myself.)
You are all about retribution and punishment, aren't you? Repeat after me: "I will show you the life of the vine."

I fight against people who fight against me.

I am not "all about retribution and punishment." Your brain sounds disturbed Zack, sorry to say.
Well aren't you the noble knight in shining armor?!?

Your take?
My take is you are a whiner

I like and admire Jews. If we could just focus some kind of gene pool cleansing endeavor in the right direction.... Hmmmmm...

..... ... grow up? hmmm
It just sounds curt and mean......

That's how life is, whether he likes it or not. Any 'advice' that offers excuses or ways to avoid and/or deny that reality are not in his best interests.

I told him not to let others dictate the way he feels about himself.
That's all there is to it.
You are only bullied if someone is physically stronger than you and it beating the shit out of you.
Other than that, it's mental - you can tell people to fuck off mentally and verbally.
You might lose your job, but you'll have your dignity. Choices.

Forum List

Back