Why didn't you stay in Mexico?

Wow.............just the other day a school board was holding a meeting to discuss racism in the school. When one parent got up and told how his son had been bullied because of his ethnicity, another parent interrupted him and asked why didn't he stay in Mexico.

The man is a small business owner, has 3 restaurants, and came here over 40 years ago.

Why is it that people feel that comments like these are appropriate in public, especially when it is a school board meeting to discuss racial tensions? And, not only did he manage to upset most people at the meeting, his family has gone onto social media to denounce his remarks.

'Why didn't you stay in Mexico?' Parent's racist remark interrupts anti-racism school board meeting

SALINE, MI -- A Michigan parent interrupted a school board meeting with a racist remark, while another parent was talking about how racism at the school was affecting his child.

Adrian Iraola, who is Latino, had a microphone and was sharing a story about his son crying himself to sleep because of the racial abuse he was being forced to endure at his school.

Iraola was mid-sentence when a man seated behind him spoke up.

"Then why didn't you stay in Mexico?" the man, later identified as Tom Burtell, said.

The interjection caused audible gasps and looks of shock from other parents in the room.

Other people in the audience can be heard saying, "You need to leave," and "That's disgusting."

The video was taken at the Saline Area Schools meeting and shared by Ann Arbor News/MLive.com.

Burtell's son posted on Facebook distancing himself from his father and his father's "views of hate." He also said none of his 10 siblings condone their father's actions.
Trump voter

I watched the video, unless footage was edited out to remove context, Tom Burtell is a racist and represents no one but himself. But it would appear it happened as represented in the article since his kids are distancing themselves.
At least his kids have class

Wow.............just the other day a school board was holding a meeting to discuss racism in the school. When one parent got up and told how his son had been bullied because of his ethnicity, another parent interrupted him and asked why didn't he stay in Mexico.

The man is a small business owner, has 3 restaurants, and came here over 40 years ago.

Why is it that people feel that comments like these are appropriate in public, especially when it is a school board meeting to discuss racial tensions? And, not only did he manage to upset most people at the meeting, his family has gone onto social media to denounce his remarks.

'Why didn't you stay in Mexico?' Parent's racist remark interrupts anti-racism school board meeting

SALINE, MI -- A Michigan parent interrupted a school board meeting with a racist remark, while another parent was talking about how racism at the school was affecting his child.

Adrian Iraola, who is Latino, had a microphone and was sharing a story about his son crying himself to sleep because of the racial abuse he was being forced to endure at his school.

"Then why didn't you stay in Mexico?" the man, later identified as Tom Burtell, said.

The interjection caused audible gasps and looks of shock from other parents in the room.

Other people in the audience can be heard saying, "You need to leave," and "That's disgusting."

The video was taken at the Saline Area Schools meeting and shared by Ann Arbor News/MLive.com.

Burtell's son posted on Facebook distancing himself from his father and his father's "views of hate." He also said none of his 10 siblings condone their father's actions.
So why didn't he stay in Mexico?
Because he makes a better American than Tom Burtell

I watched the video, unless footage was edited out to remove context, Tom Burtell is a racist and represents no one but himself. But it would appear it happened as represented in the article since his kids are distancing themselves.
Seemed like an honest guy to me. However, what I really love is watching liberal white faggots virtue signal.

I find it kinda interesting that there are people out there who feel empowered to make comments like this. And, it's not because of sanctuary cities and open borders like Rambunctuous said, it's because of the rhetoric spewed daily by Trump.

You appear to be more of a bigot than the guy in the video. But not surprising coming from a lying Liberal like yourself.

Seemed like an honest guy to me. However, what I really love is watching liberal white faggots virtue signal.

I'm glad he's honest. We can easily identify the racists now.

God you're a fag.

God you're a fag.

LOL In your dreams. No doubt you were taking it up the ass while typing that response. It's OK, you can come out and admit it.

The guy knew what he was doing
He was trying to be offensive

So why didn’t they stay in Mexico?

It’s a legit question, if these people are going to complain about racism, why not go back to Mexico?

I guarantee you the Mexican kids in school are more racist and mean to white kids than the other way around.

You “guarantee”? Don’t be stupid.

I think liberals are making too much over the man’s remark

there is racial hate and injustice on all sides in America and its often directed at the wrong people

innocent black, whites, hispanics, whatever are often the target of verbal or physical reprisals they dont deserve while the troublemakers go free

I live with Mexicans. We stold their land accept we didn't. Mexico was created by white European Spaniards.I am like gobsmacked , one wrong excuses another?

Indeed, Mexican is not a race.

What race was the Mexican?

The guy knew what he was doing
He was trying to be offensive
I am inclined to agree. I doubt he had any clue what race the guy was, but he appears to be a bigot.

Last edited:
We all "represent" only ourselves. His kids can believe what they want. They also represent only themselves.

What race was the Mexican?
Injun. Injuns are asian by origin
It can be difficult to identify what race a person is. Mexicans tend to be white or American indian, but there is no reason why they can't be asian.

There will always be idiots in any crowd....but this should show you how wrong sanctuary cities and open borders are....either work with us within the laws or face this kind of angst....

Sorry, but this has zero to do with sanctuary cities or open borders. This man came here LEGALLY over 40 years ago, and has 3 restaurants in the area, meaning he's a small business owner, as well as a job creator.
Yes and that idiot should not have said what he said to the man but that idiot is triggered by Sanctuary cities, open borders and millions of illegals. It’s a bad situation

The Globalists are painting a picture in the conservatives' minds that all immigrants are bad. The media that they owns shows the darkside. They are trying to pretend that they are not. But actually they are the ones that are pushing this images into our minds. I know many immigrants that are from South America that are business owners and their employees are from there also, that are very hard workers and take their job seriously.
But the Globalists are playing on someone's intelligence. They pretends that the are hiding helping the illegals. But they are not. Remember, Obama controlled both House and the Senate. But he never helped them like the way he is helping them out right now.
But their plans was to move all of our jobs over there. Remember, the Paris Climate Accord was going to move all of our manufacturing jobs over there to protect this country's climate.
And so they were getting paid to let other countries absorb this country's economy. They made deals with other countries' Elites to bring cash flow over there until the well goes dry over here.
The Paris Climate Accord is one more thing you know nothing about. Climate is a global thing genius. It knows no borders.

Forum List

Back