Why didn't NBA fire Spike Lee for saying he wants to kill whites?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The double standard on race is everywhere.

8 Things That Won't Get You Banned by the NBA

. Spike Lee has stated that white gentrification of Harlem has been horrible, has posted the address of George Zimmerman’s parents online to spur violence, has explained after visiting South Africa in the early 1990s, “I seriously wanted to pick up a gun and shoot whites. The only way to resolve matters is by bloodshed.” He, like Donald Sterling, is no fan of interracial dating: “I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street.” He’s currently a host on NBA Radio on SiriusXM, stars in NBA commercials, and had a front-row seat to the Sterling announcement.

Last edited:
I agree, IF Spike Lee has an arrangement with NBA to be a face of the league through promoting it.

I agree, IF he said those things (remember far right reactonaries lie), ban him from NBA venues.

The players won't threaten to sit out the playoffs based on anything Spike says. Besides, does anyone really care what Spike says?

• Banned
The players won't threaten to sit out the playoffs based on anything Spike says. Besides, does anyone really care what Spike says?

What a silly thing to say. Spike Lee is famous while Sterling was unknown until this incident happened. Sterling was the nobody whose comments should have been ignored.

Sniffle...sniffle...wah wah wah wah wah wah wah...sniffle. We...wahhhh....can't....sniffle...be openly racist....wah..sniffle...wah...or...snifle... there might be consequences....wahhhhhh!

Even though we thinks all blacks are stupid and insignificant, lets say its a double standard...wah, sniffle. It's just not fair!

Fuckin' pussies.

Disclaimer: I'm not excusing one thing that Sterling said.

BUT I have to point out that Sterling was in a private conversation. Not making racist comments out in public like Spike Lee has done unabashedly numerous times and is not and will not be the least apologetic about them.

How's Time for a source?

Spike Lee’s Racism Isn’t Cute: ‘M—–f—– Hipster’ Is the New ‘Honkey’

John McWhorter

What’s really bothering Lee is that he doesn’t like seeing his old neighborhood full of white people, which makes him historical detritus.

It’s interesting that the director of the richest oeuvre of black films in the history of the medium doesn’t understand what the Civil Rights revolution was for. In his expletive-laced comments about the gentrification of Fort Greene during an interview at the Pratt Institute, Spike Lee seemed to think that what we Overcame for was to be grouchy bigots.

Basically, black people are getting paid more money than they’ve ever seen in their lives for their houses, and a once sketchy neighborhood is now quiet and pleasant. And this is a bad thing… why?

Lee seems to think it’s somehow an injustice whenever black people pick up stakes. But I doubt many of the blacks now set to pass fat inheritances on to their kids feel that way. This is not the old story of poor blacks being pushed out of neighborhoods razed down for highway construction. Lee isn’t making sense.

Spike Lee Gentrification Controversy: Hipster Is the New Honkey - TIME

I didn't know spike lee was an owner and in anyway subject to the rules of NBA franchises.

You didn't and won't see NBA players high-fiving Sterling. It's about image. The NBA and its players are hypocrites.

What does that have to do with the NBA firing someone they do not employ? For that matter why would someone hi five a person that is racist towards them?

Sniffle...sniffle...wah wah wah wah wah wah wah...sniffle. We...wahhhh....can't....sniffle...be openly racist....wah..sniffle...wah...or...snifle... there might be consequences....wahhhhhh!

Even though we thinks all blacks are stupid and insignificant, lets say its a double standard...wah, sniffle. It's just not fair!

Fuckin' pussies.

Oh bite me. :lol: No one is allowed to point out the blatant double standard that exists in the world of racism?

Sterling is a known racist. Banned forever from the NBA.

Spike Lee is a known racist. *freaking crickets*

Last edited:
I didn't know spike lee was an owner and in anyway subject to the rules of NBA franchises.

You didn't and won't see NBA players high-fiving Sterling. It's about image. The NBA and its players are hypocrites.

What does that have to do with the NBA firing someone they do not employ? For that matter why would someone hi five a person that is racist towards them?

It's about image and image sells the product.

Fuckin' pussies.

And in this country you are totally free to be a hypocrite pussy yo' damn self!

td is correct: a double standard does exist.

Sterling got what he deserved; Spike should have nothing to do with the NBA.

Forum List

Back