Why Did Trump Take The Presidential Documents When He Left Office?

Why didn't Trump return the documents to NARA when they asked for them in Feb. 2021?
And if he declassed documents, why didn't he stamp them declassified?
None of this makes any sense.
Having Top Secret Documents and Top Secret - Compartmentalize documents in your home is dangerous. This is the kind of stuff people kill to get.
Lastly, why would Trump destroy some of these documents and leave the pieces of them in boxes to be found?
Because he is an Uber Super Evil Genius, and you are a Dotard.
1660576437929.png

This is what it's all about.

Apparently, according to your link, Trump asked for the documents to be declassified, but they haven't been yet, and there are some documents that various places say need to remain classified. Did you even read your link? From your link.......

It’s unclear which documents Trump has ordered declassified less than 24 hours before he leaves office. He cited the decision as based on the results of a Dec. 30 review he asked the Justice Department to perform. The department presented him with a “binder of materials” that remain classified, he said in a memorandum issued on Tuesday. Trump said he then asked for the documents to be declassified to “the maximum extent possible.”

The FBI responded that it believed that all of the materials should remain classified, but that some were particularly crucial and should at least be redacted.

“I have determined to accept the redactions proposed for continued classification by the FBI in that January 17 submission,” Trump said in his memo. “I hereby declassify the remaining materials in the binder. This is my final determination under the declassification review and I have directed the Attorney General to implement the redactions proposed in the FBI’s January 17 submission and return to the White House an appropriately redacted copy.”

Last edited:
Why didn't Trump return the documents to NARA when they asked for them in Feb. 2021?
Having Top Secret Documents and Top Secret - Compartmentalize documents in your home is dangerous. This is the kind of stuff people kill to get.
Lastly, why would Trump destroy some of these documents and leave the pieces of them in boxes to be found?
Mementos

Oh I am sure....like eating ice cream cones and learning to ride a bike....

Are you actually ridiculing the president over ice cream cones and exercise? Biden doesn't take off five hours a day for executive time.

Are you actually ridiculing the president over ice cream cones and exercise? Biden doesn't take off five hours a day for executive time.
of course he doesn't.....he takes it off for nap time and learning how to ride a bike

There is a SCIF at Mara Lago. if you don't know what that is, look it up. There was no violation of classified data laws------------except by the FBI and DOJ

That SCIF was decommissioned when Trump left office, as he no longer needed one since he is no longer president.

why? how many did Obama have around CLinton's server?

There are procedures for handling classified documents, and the personnel required for them is a lot more than just 2. You have to have people that catalogue them, personnel that check them in and out and verify that the person accessing them has appropriate clearance and a need to know. Might wanna do some checking on how classified material is handled.

of course he doesn't.....he takes it off for nap time and learning how to ride a bike

Biden has been riding a bike for years. Trump didn't come out of his room until lunchtime. He was busy tweeting, watching TV and getting his hair and makeup ready.

I don't think Trump knows about consequences for his actions... Generally he was never told NO enough.

He gets away with most things why would he ben bothered about this..

He trivialises he transgressions and probably thought a few documents, what's the big deal... I am the President.

There are procedures for handling classified documents, and the personnel required for them is a lot more than just 2. You have to have people that catalogue them, personnel that check them in and out and verify that the person accessing them has appropriate clearance and a need to know. Might wanna do some checking on how classified material is handled.
Everyone knows the President has clearance.

Biden has been riding a bike for years. Trump didn't come out of his room until lunchtime. He was busy tweeting, watching TV and getting his hair and makeup ready.
Really? That's sad...considering how often he wreaks

Trump was president but he never got security clearance. He was the exception to having proper clearance because he was president.
hahahah i guess you have to fall back on parody again....too funny.....

The documents had value to Trump, for memoirs, souvenirs, evidence, proof, etc.
Classified documents can NOT be accepted by NARA.
The point of the National Archives is to make documents public, which does not include these.
They do not have to be stamped "declassified" because Trump can still access them if the are not declassified.
So there was no point in bothering.

Having top secret documents in a highly secure mansion, inside a highly secure upscale resort, is totally safe.
No body would kill to get what they do not know exists, in such a highly secure environment.
It likely would be easier to steal documents from the White House, where lots of unknown contractors regularly show up.

As to pieces being left, I had not heard of that?
Great, narrative...

Now here is the law, it is illegal... Number of laws were broken...

Forum List

Back