Why Did I Have To Learn So Many Useless Things In School?

Lol neurons definitely involve electrons and btw…I’m not the OP as your post implied, but feel free to confuse me with other posters who express an inquisitive mind.

I had a previous round with you where you told me what I thought instead of allowing me the liberty of self-expression. lol As I recall, you consider yourself to be the only teacher who knows how to do things properly. Yes? Do I have the right poster in mind?
How did I imply that you were the OP?

I retired as a teacher 3 years ago. If I corrected your flawed thinking, you should be grateful that you learned something.

I also would like to know how one deepens a "grove"?

They definitely misfired this time, which is proof positive of why you learn so-called useless information.

The term is "neurons", not "electrons".
You are correct that I should’ve used the term neuron not electrons although electrons are still involved but I am wrong to imply that’s the major catalyst

which is proof positive of why you learn so-called useless information.
That statement implies you mistook me as the OP because I never stated that I have learned useless information. Are you projecting again by claiming I’m a product of useless info? I’m absolutely crushed!

That I never even use in my lifetime anyways? Like I remember some of the US presidents, but how is that going to help me get a job or anything? That's just one example. It's just as well I only paid attention enough to get by school and deleted all of the brain clutter out of my mind later on.
Intellectualism Is Escapist Mind-Candy

The Educationists want you to escape from reality. Practical subjects, such as the geography of your own city, would make you know and respect the real world too much and not respect the intellectuals' fantasy world at all.

That I never even use in my lifetime anyways? Like I remember some of the US presidents, but how is that going to help me get a job or anything? That's just one example. It's just as well I only paid attention enough to get by school and deleted all of the brain clutter out of my mind later on.
There is more to an education than using it to get a job.

You're not the one that decides. And you don't know what you'll need and when.

If I didn't want to remember my education in school then I didn't and don't want to remember it. I don't want to refill it with useless information. End of story.

Surrender Soirée

The French have no guts, so it shouldn't be disgusting to cut those Frogs open.
Ah, I don’t have French roots unless you count by marriage and prior to the second exodus of persecuted Huguenots from Germany to the US. I could have a bit of French blood, just unable to access records prior to German residence.

Personally, it wasn’t all about “having the nerve” to cut into frog tissue, it was equally due to the fear I had, particularly as an eighth grader, about getting disgusting frog guts on myself. Neither seemed appealing to me at the time.

Please refer to my post above- 2 reasons:
1. zero interest to do so (the old frog experiment had been done so many times by that time the information was all in printed detail)

2. Likelihood of squirting juices- a really hard pass but I had to decline.

Last edited:
School should teach reading, math, science and history. It should also teach people how to get along with each other and how to think and reason.

Our school systems in many cities are failing to do the above and that will cost this nation severely in the future.

Here is a test from long ago when teachers actually taught and students learned or failed. Back in those days there was discipline in school.

Keep in mind in those days students didn’t have multiple guess tests. They wrote out the answers to the questions in long hand.

1628530182104.jpeg

My beloved father - may he rest in peace - was forced to drop out of high school when he was 14 years old, to work in a butcher shop and help support the family (my grandfather had abandoned them several years earlier). He went to night school for several years to finally get his high school diploma (GED's didn't exist at the time). The things he learned to get that credential, which was meaningful at the time, were many times more rigorous than what is taught now.

The public school teachers' unions - a group that is profoundly unsuccessful in teaching the so-called "Three R's" - is keen to teach CRT, which has no value whatsoever.

Perhaps the whole CRT thing is part of a campaign to reduce the infamous "performance gap" between the races in math and reading. If the category of "Oppression" is added to future evaluations, the BIPOC's will surely score higher than white kids.

Success!

Forum List

Back