Why Did 500 Danish Muslims Attend Copenhagen Terrorist’s Funeral?

Only a naive leftist would suggest mass attendance to this terrorist's funeral doesn't reflect large radical segment in the immigrant community. But then again, they are in an entirely different country, so they can even begin to understand and don't need to. They live is a bubble of moral equivalence, relativism, egalitarianism, and naivety. Since American liberals love Muslims so much, perhaps they can take them off our hands. Denmark has had its full of Muslims and that is why the nationalist party is popular over there. As a response to mass immigration, over, they have made tighter immigration laws and reduced immigration around 70% beginning in 2001 through today(though it should be more restrictive and restricted to Europeans only). They have also the strictest asylum laws in Europe. Events like this reflect why these policies are correct and reflect the Danish people's dislike of immigration overall.

Denmark Saves 10 Billion by Restricting Third World Immigration FrontPage Magazine

Not really, I'd suggest a rational realist who can count. 500 people, an undetermined number of whom may well not have been Muslim, and not even radicalised Muslim in any event attended the funeral. This is out of a Muslim population of Denmark that numbers around 222,700, roughly 4% of the total population of Denmark. Just putting matters into perspective.

I would suggest that the political Right has an agenda of scaremongering against "the other" whoever they decide is target du jour; admittedly a very effective tactic in hard economic times, just look back to the 1930's to see how effective scapegoating Jewish people was.

Your suggestion suggests something else that you probably are oblivious to. That is how much you don't know about Islamization, (which liberal media doesn't report), and jihad in general.

Buzzwords; in the 19th and 20th centuries the equivalents were "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and "World Jewish Conspiracy". Fear the Other becomes hate the Other, the next thing that happens is exterminate the Other.
Like I said. Liberals know nothing about Islam/Islamization.

That's not the question you asked and you immediately jumped to the conclusion that best fitted your mindset. You're now attempting to conflate Islam with Right-wing fear mongering about "Islamization" wheras I was merely putting things into the true perspective. Looking at UK figures, the percentage of Muslims in the Population is 5%, thats a fact. When asked about Muslims in the UK IPSOS/MORI found that people in the UK perceived the UK Muslim population to be around 21%, over 5 times the actual figure; The difference between reality and fantasy is a factor of 5. I'm not oblivious to anything, My perception is I'd suggest, more grounded in reality than yours.
1. I didn't ask a question.

2. Any time you'd care to back up that last sentence, you could do so by taking my Islamization Quiz. You could top the highest grade ever achieved so far, by just getting a 6% on it. (most got zero)

If you believe Muslim terrorists are not supported by the majority of Muslims, think again:

After 22-year-old Palestinian-born Omar EL-Hussein carried out his terror attacks on the streets of Copenhagen in Denmark, killing two innocent Danes, the last thing anyone expected was for him to be honored by hundreds of people at his funeral.

However, that is what happened, as an estimated 500 Muslim sympathizers turned out to the funeral at an unmarked grave in Broendby.

Before he was buried, a short ceremony was held at a Copenhagen mosque following Friday prayers, where a man of African origin told the AFP, “There were a lot of young people that you don’t normally see there… because they knew Omar. Some of them were gang members. They are my brothers too because they believe in Allah and the Prophet Mohammed, but their lifestyle doesn’t have a lot to do with Islam.”

The organizer of the funeral, Kasem Said Ahmad from the Islamic Burial Fund, rejected claims that the large number of people attending the funeral could be interpreted as support for the alleged gunman.

Where did you learn math?

500 at the funeral of a criminal murderer-----whose family is mostly in
a foreign country is a HUGE TURN OUT------no question that MOST of
the supporters of your hero did not attend. The 500 made it clear in society
that likely is not too happy with them right now------that they DO NOT GIVE A
DAMN----THAT THEY ADORE THEIR MURDERING PIGS. IT IS A DRAMATIC
STATEMENT OF SUPPORT

My hero? What is wrong with you?

I am highly suspicious of any person who does not consider
the fact that 500 people attended the funeral of an obscure
immigrant member of a small minority community in a European
country who died under police fire because he was a fleeing criminal
and a murderer, to be remarkable and significant..
In fact, he was known as a criminal. I doubt that Mafia bosses
attract so many "MOURNERS" as did this 22 year old
terrorist pig. The funeral was a statement of SUPPORT

Do you agree with the OP that this funeral proves that most Muslims support terrorism committed by Muslims?

I do not agree that this single incident and the HEAVILY attended funeral of the
muslim hero PROVES that most muslims support terrorism committed by muslims. It is, simply, insufficient as a PROOF. However I have been
aquainted with many muslims in my life-----highly educated muslims. I have found
that muslims, in general, justify Islamic terrorism. I worked amongst muslims in
the aftermath of the 9-11-01 atrocity. The most educated (my colleagues) were generally very quiet. But among the others----even the kids were parroting
the mosque filth-----"DA JOOOOOS DONE IT" The Islamic response also included CELEBRATIONS as the people in the burning buildings were falling
---smashed onto the pavement-------in fact, in the presence of their own children.
The local arab bakery could not keep up with the Ma'mool demands

You know what? I love it when things like this happen. But more importantly, I love rubbing cold reality in the faces of all the dishonest cowards who'll go red in the face insisting that Islam is a "peaceful religion" and that the "extremists" are a minority shunned by "moderate muslims". The media will go to extreme lengths to brainwash and bully people into furthering the multicultural narrative, and then something like this happens which no-one can ignore and etches the look of betrayal and defeat on liberal faces.
The trouble is "things like this" are going on ALL THE TIME and ALL OVER THE WORLD, and liberals still act like Conservatives are "scaremongering" (to quote Challenger from a few posts ago)

You know what? I love it when things like this happen. But more importantly, I love rubbing cold reality in the faces of all the dishonest cowards who'll go red in the face insisting that Islam is a "peaceful religion" and that the "extremists" are a minority shunned by "moderate muslims". The media will go to extreme lengths to brainwash and bully people into furthering the multicultural narrative, and then something like this happens which no-one can ignore and etches the look of betrayal and defeat on liberal faces.
The trouble is "things like this" are going on ALL THE TIME and ALL OVER THE WORLD, and liberals still act like Conservatives are "scaremongering" (to quote Challenger from a few posts ago)

I agree with the whole above with the EXCEPTION of that "conservative/liberal"
dichotomy thingy. Intelligent democrats (like me) do understand that Islamic
teachings are pro-violence. I learned about islam BECAUSE I am a liberal. I lived and worked in an area of the world -----REPUBLICAN to the point of Nazism.
Since I worked in a place with lots of THEM FOREIGN people----I actually thought it was my job to advocate for them. (silly young flower child that I was) I learned about islam from real muslims-------not NOI ----not delirious converts----real muslims born and bred in muslim-lands. Muslims glorifiy violence and justify it
with some of the most idiotic tenuous arguments I had ever heard. (I heard lots because I did not argue)

Only a naive leftist would suggest mass attendance to this terrorist's funeral doesn't reflect large radical segment in the immigrant community. But then again, they are in an entirely different country, so they can even begin to understand and don't need to. They live is a bubble of moral equivalence, relativism, egalitarianism, and naivety. Since American liberals love Muslims so much, perhaps they can take them off our hands. Denmark has had its full of Muslims and that is why the nationalist party is popular over there. As a response to mass immigration, over, they have made tighter immigration laws and reduced immigration around 70% beginning in 2001 through today(though it should be more restrictive and restricted to Europeans only). They have also the strictest asylum laws in Europe. Events like this reflect why these policies are correct and reflect the Danish people's dislike of immigration overall.

Denmark Saves 10 Billion by Restricting Third World Immigration FrontPage Magazine

Not really, I'd suggest a rational realist who can count. 500 people, an undetermined number of whom may well not have been Muslim, and not even radicalised Muslim in any event attended the funeral. This is out of a Muslim population of Denmark that numbers around 222,700, roughly 4% of the total population of Denmark. Just putting matters into perspective.

I would suggest that the political Right has an agenda of scaremongering against "the other" whoever they decide is target du jour; admittedly a very effective tactic in hard economic times, just look back to the 1930's to see how effective scapegoating Jewish people was.

Yea, I suppose all this radical islamist's non-muslims friends, I am sure it was a very diverse gathering. What you are saying sounds foolish. Honestly, why are you being deliberately obtuse? Have some common sense here. They are clearly all of immigrant and islamic background if you look at the videos and photos. Point me to all the Danes and Europeans in the crowd?

Neither you nor I know for certain who they were or where they were from. I'm not being obtuse, just objective. Many had their heads covered so could have come from anywhere, or be terrorists hiding from the cameras, we don't know and shouldn't jump to conclusions.

No one is saying every Muslim in Denmark is a terrorist. That was never the point until you on the Left made it as a strawman argument. Not every Muslim in Denmark needs to show up to reflect the fact that the new multicultural society in Denmark that is the result of mass immigration has led to this social tension. Community fracture and ghettoization has resulted in fanning the flames of radicalism that are already inherent in the Islamic religion. These two societies clearly aren't compatible and when you have large gatherings in favor of a terrorist like this in an immigrant area this reflects this incompatibility of cultures. This is why immigration needs to stop. There has been progress with reducing numbers and that is why Denmark doesn't have the issues of say France for example, but they need to limit immigration to nations within Europe and begin repatriation of these illegals and many of these phony asylum seekers.

Glad to hear it. Given there are only about 220,700 Muslims in Denmark, 4% of the total population, I'm at a loss as to how you can describe this as "mass migration", they didn't all arrive at the same time. or for that matter ascribe "social tension" "community fracture", etc. to such a small number of people. Is Danish society that fragile, it can't cope with a few Muslims?

This isn't scapegoating, this is the reality of multiculturalism. But I suppose more incidents like this are worth your striving for this utopian dream, since you are off in your own liberal cocoon in America, and can make these pronouncements of equality and cultural relativism with no consequences. This isn't an issue of economics, Denmark has a strong economy relatively speaking in the Eurozone. This is a social and cultural issue more than one of economics, and it has existed in the years for the economic crisis, so it isn't an issue of "economic scapegoating" as you claim...

I'm British and part of the 99%, FYI. Yes, we have our own home grown whackos like UKIP who existed before the economic crisis, who by scapegoating and fear-mongering, have managed to gain support amongst the more uneducated and gullable. The parallels with the rise of the Nazis is of far more concern to me than an issue of immigration which focuses disproportionatley on non-whites or Muslims.
You aren't being a rational realist. What you are doing is assuming there is a handful of non-muslims, which hasn't been established, and ignoring what is in front of you,. Ignoring obvious patterns, in this case, that hundreds of Muslims in an immigrant neighborhood went to the funeral of a terrorist. You are assuming that because there might have been a handful of non-muslims on hand, this somehow negates the large gathering of radical islamists. As I said before, these 500 aren't the only radical muslims in Denmark, you are making this false assumption again. They are representative of a larger segment of the islamic population, to deny this and say, this is only 500 and they are the only 500 is naive. Ignoring the patterns here, the the significance of this large gathering of muslims for this terrorist is not by any definition of the word rational. Rational people can observe patterns, which you haven't done here.

I can't help you if you are at a loss. But for a country that had practically zero immigration for its history, certainly not of the non-european variety up until the 80s or so, hundreds of thousands of non-european immigrants is mass immigration proportionally speaking. And it isn't just the numbers, it is the ethnic and cultural differences. Yes, the social fabrics of society are fragile when you bring ethnic diversity into the mix, especially clearly distinct and separate groups such as Muslims.

There is a growing body of work that backs the common sense on the matter. Diversity is an antithesis to community, and undermines social capital. I will refer you to studies by Robert Putnam from Harvard and Zachary and Jennifer Neal from Michigan state on the matter.

But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.
The downside of diversity - The Boston Globe

Community psychologists are interested in creating contexts that promote both respect for diversity and sense of community. However, recent theoretical and empirical work has uncovered a community-diversity dialectic wherein the contextual conditions that foster respect for diversity run in opposition to those that foster sense of community. More specifically, within neighborhoods, residential integration provides opportunities for intergroup contact that are necessary to promote respect for diversity but may prevent the formation of dense interpersonal networks that are necessary to promote sense of community. Using agent-based modeling to simulate neighborhoods and neighborhood social network formation, we explore whether the community-diversity dialectic emerges from two principle of relationship formation: homophily and proximity. The model suggest that when people for relationships with similar and nearby others, the contexts that offer opportunities to develop a respect for diversity are different from the contexts that foster a sense of community.

Separately, Portes and Vickstrom (2011) offer a similar review, finding that demographic homogeneity has often been linked with higher levels of trust, social cohesion, and belongingness typically thought to compose sense of community.

https://www.msu.edu/~zpneal/publications/neal-diversitysoc.pdf

And these are liberal sociologists admitting this and "sugarcoating it" so to speak. They admit this leads to social atomization, division, a lack of trust, identification with, and participation in the community as they become more diverse.

This social fracture exists at 4% in Denmark and will only get worse. You even admitted yourself, White British people feel the population of Muslims in the UK is 21% when it is 5%. This speaks to the social tension I have talked about. Imagine what it will be at 10%, 15%? I mean, White British are a minority already in their capital city and at current rates their numbers will continue to dwindle throughout the country. This tension, this reduction in social capital is confirmed by the aforementioned studies.

UKIP is growing in popularity because they are the only one willing to even talk about the immigration issue and the economic and social impacts, particularly on the working class. The fact is, about 70% of the British people want to ban any new migration, so it isn't an extremist position at all. It is the so called main parties that represent the minority opinion here.
70 say no to more migrants Survey reveals public s concerns about immigration Daily Mail Online

UKIP doesn't even call for a ban on immigration, just reductions and a point system. They aren't even as "extreme" as a large segment of the British people. It is hard to take you seriously when you mention UKIP in the same breath with "nazis", that is just shrill hyperbole. And you are confirming my point about the Left's contempt for their original working class base, calling them "uneducated and gullible".

Forum List

Back