Why crime rates are going up? Criminal on probation gets caught in crimes, gets more probation...that's why.

If they want to decriminalize drug use, I can see that.......put the addicts in rehab. But for anyone who commits violent acts, or actual criminals caught with illegal guns, the only way you stop them is to keep them locked up.....for long periods of time. Anything else, in particular banning and confiscating guns for normal people....is just stupid.

Here's somewhere we can find some agreement. There is no reason to send some drug addict to prison so he can join a gang and be even more dangerous after prison.

Some people can't be rehabilitated............and again, the most important thing is to keep the monsters away from innocent people.

No but many can, and that missed opportunity also kills innocent people.

So whats your solution to repeat offenders?

Try to make the process better so it stops churning out shit that's worse than it was when it went in.

To do that,

1) you need to get rid of the democrat party and their policies on education and welfare.

2) you need to kick out the democrats from running the education system and focus the education system on educating children........giving them school choice where the money follows the student and you don't trap children in nightmare, democrat party controlled schools.

To do that,

1) you need to get rid of the democrat party and their policies on education and welfare.

2) you need to kick out the democrats from running the education system and focus the education system on educating children........giving them school choice where the money follows the student and you don't trap children in nightmare, democrat party controlled schools.

Changing the way we do criminal justice would help. It's not a problem that should be approached from one angle.

Some people can't be rehabilitated............and again, the most important thing is to keep the monsters away from innocent people.

No but many can, and that missed opportunity also kills innocent people.

Yeah...sorry.....by the time most of these criminals hit prison it is way too late for them, especially the violent ones. You need to address fatherless homes and communities where single mothers are the norm, not the exception.......that is beyond the prison system.

To do that,

Changing the way we do criminal justice would help. It's not a problem that should be approached from one angle.

Didn't say it was....but the democrat party and their policies are the problem filling our prisons....

Saying "make the process better" is not a solution.
Be specific.

I already said what I think we should do. Remove the profit motive. Prisons shouldn't be wanting as many prisoners as possible so they get a fatter paycheck. They shouldn't be corrupting judges to lean harder on convictions. The entire process has had the humanity sucked out of it because the only thing that matters is money. That's a problem that's going to cascade over everything and make the entire process worse.

Didn't say it was....but the democrat party and their policies are the problem filling our prisons....

How many drug users/dealers went to prison and got worse over hard on crime policies that conservatives always support?

Be specific.

I already said what I think we should do. Remove the profit motive. Prisons shouldn't be wanting as many prisoners as possible so they get a fatter paycheck. They shouldn't be corrupting judges to lean harder on convictions. The entire process has had the humanity sucked out of it because the only thing that matters is money. That's a problem that's going to cascade over everything and make the entire process worse.

Yeah....it ain't the profit motive. Go into a prison and the vast majority of convicts come from broken homes without fathers......you need to fix that.

You are focused on the wrong thing..........

How many drug users/dealers went to prison and got worse over hard on crime policies that conservatives always support?

Those days are over for drug offenses..........we need to focus on violent criminals and keeping them locked up. The democrat party thinks all criminals are the same and keeps releasing the most violent over and over again...

Yeah....it ain't the profit motive. Go into a prison and the vast majority of convicts come from broken homes without fathers......you need to fix that.

Broken homes produce a lot of criminals. The profit motive absolutely has sucked the humanity out of the criminal justice process.

Broken homes produce a lot of criminals. The profit motive absolutely has sucked the humanity out of the criminal justice process.

Wrong........they aren't just pulling people off the streets and shoving them in prisons.....you actually have to commit a crime to get to prison. Fatherless homes are the main driver of crime and violence.

.....you don't stop crime by taking guns away from the victims of these criminals.
You seem to forget we are the criminals once they take our guns away.

After hearing your history I find it hard to believe anything you say about firearms.
You’re taking our guns away, but you’re not treating us as violent criminals and ex-felons or violent deranged mentally ill insane persons and adjudicated mental defectives or idiots on National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) | Federal Bureau of Investigation when we look for work? And you’re not confiscating our gold or other valuables either?

Be specific.

Here's an idea.
Lock people up for committing gun crimes.

Wrong........they aren't just pulling people off the streets and shoving them in prisons.....you actually have to commit a crime to get to prison. Fatherless homes are the main driver of crime and violence.

We should legalize and tax the shit out of drugs and prostitution. I think it would cripple black markets all over the world, produce a lot of jobs and revenue and severely cut the cost of housing prisoners. I think all of that would have a positive impact on crime. Your thoughts?

We should legalize and tax the shit out of drugs and prostitution. I think it would cripple black markets all over the world, produce a lot of revenue and severely cut the cost of housing prisoners. I think all of that would have a positive impact on crime. Your thoughts?

There will always be people who will dodge taxes on drugs and prostitution........

I don't really care about drugs so people caught using should be sent to rehab. Prostitution is another problem......Andrew Klavan, an author I like, talked about prostitution...he said even in legal brothels you have pimps trafficking women against their will.......so you have that problem too....

There will always be people who will dodge taxes on drugs and prostitution........

I don't really care about drugs so people caught using should be sent to rehab. Prostitution is another problem......Andrew Klavan, an author I like, talked about prostitution...he said even in legal brothels you have pimps trafficking women against their will.......so you have that problem too....

Sometimes regulations are good, particularly in the case of a thing like prostitution. I find it hard to believe the situation wouldn't improve overall if it was legalized, taxed and regulated.

The conservative solution seems to be to go back to B.C times when we would just string people up in public places and cut hands and penises off, gouge eyes out, shit like that. Do you want to just kill them/keep them as slaves or do we focus on trying to rehabilitate as many as we can?

Wow.....that was a stupid fucking post....

Did you read this article? The guy was on probation when he committed did two more burglaries....and then he was given probation for that one too.....

What part of this dynamic increasing the crime rate is too hard for your tiny brain to understand?

And it isn't just burglars getting released, you dumbass...the democrat party prosecutors and judges are releasing violent gun criminals over and over too...

You idiot.
There is no form of rehabilitation that works. Maybe lobotomies.

Anything else, in particular banning and confiscating guns for normal people....is just stupid.
Except we’re not normal when they take our guns away. We’re violent deranged psychotic mentally ill persons who a danger to ourselves or others. Don’t forget, speaking above a whisper in a library is classified as a violent crime, and there’s always civil process to revoke gun rights, even if it’s some kind of service of process with junk papers from court on behalf of some lady or another on the block like the whore who ordered the head of John the Baptist from King Herod after consulting with her mother.

Forum List

Back