CDZ Why can't/won't people answer yes/no questions?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I had hopes that the CDZ was also a three digit IQ zone, but I am beginning to have my doubts. Why is it that so many people are unable or unwilling to answer yes/no questions, even in this anonymous context? (Heaven forbid they would be able to converse face-to-face.)

What is so difficult about answering a question (and adding clarification, if necessary)? Are we turning into a nation of illiterate simpletons?

I had hopes that the CDZ was also a three digit IQ zone, but I am beginning to have my doubts. Why is it that so many people are unable or unwilling to answer yes/no questions, even in this anonymous context? (Heaven forbid they would be able to converse face-to-face.)

What is so difficult about answering a question (and adding clarification, if necessary)? Are we turning into a nation of illiterate simpletons?

Did you stop beating your wife?

Usually that would be because the question was loaded. Not that complex.

I see post 2 has already illustrated this.

Unless your question is something like "Is it raining?", then most questions may require a more detailed answer.

Yes

Why can't/won't people answer yes/no questions?

My answer to this is no I do not know why yes they cannot answer yes and no to questions but I think yes they could think no or yes or Option B do not know if not yes or no then the Option C is answer Pineapple :smoke:

Unless your question is something like "Is it raining?", then most questions may require a more detailed answer.

What is so difficult about answering a question (and adding clarification, if necessary)?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Is there anyone under the age of 50 who can answer a yes/no question? Or is that too mentally stressful?

I had hopes that the CDZ was also a three digit IQ zone, but I am beginning to have my doubts. Why is it that so many people are unable or unwilling to answer yes/no questions, even in this anonymous context? (Heaven forbid they would be able to converse face-to-face.) What is so difficult about answering a question (and adding clarification, if necessary)? Are we turning into a nation of illiterate simpletons?
I think it's more a matter of paranoia. There are many people who are so married to their ideology that they're afraid they'll slip and give an inch.

I'm not kidding.

So, they're afraid to answer "yes" or "no" because they think it may be a trap, from which they won't be able to extricate themselves.

We really are screwed up neurotic right now.

Usually that would be because the question was loaded. Not that complex.

I see post 2 has already illustrated this.

Loaded questions are easy if you explain your answer.

Would you like to ask me one?

Forum List

Back