Why are the LibTarian / Third Party platforms so bad that they can’t find a viable candidate to run against a couple 80 year olds?

More mind reading.

That stale old talking point is meant to scare the party man back into line...The Uniparty™ is terrified that if given a legitimate choice, few would choose them.
It's my opinion. I'm a staunch independent but I never vote for the independent candidate because it is in fact a wasted vote at best, and a damaging vote for the Republicans at worst.

That said I usually vote straight Republican as they are usually the lesser of evils. My true contribution to the nation is good citizenship. :)

In the past independents have been spoilers, with disastrous results, mainly for Republicans, who ironically are closer to independents than are Democrats.
Hmmm….I’d argue that.
I’d say Indy’s are much closer to the Dem Party particularly on social issues…and center/left folks always seem more compelled by their feelings and not their brains.
Indy’s profess to be compelled by fiscal responsibility, by freedom and liberty etc etc…Yet ALL the ‘Indys’ on this site and all who I know personally speak like the common leftist and vote Democrat so what they profess means nothing.

Can the opportunity to win get any better than now? Wouldn’t now be the time to run and give it all you got?
Maybe. It's seemed like that every four years for as long as I can remember. But every time voters fall for the partisan fear mongering and elect lesser.

The problem isn't getting the message out. The problem is that voters are trapped in the lesser of two evils conceit. Things won't change until we break out of that idiocy.

Two party drones love lo2e because it makes campaigning easy. They don't even need to worry about nominating a good candidate. All they have to do is demonize the opposition. Get people so scared they'll vote for "anybody but".

That's why I don't worry much about promoting any specific party. Prying people away from lo2e voting is the first step. Once that starts happening, we might not even need a third party - when the majors start losing voters, they'll have real incentive to get their shit together.

But as long as we let them continue to take us for granted, they'll keep shoveling the same shit.

It's my opinion. I'm a staunch independent but I never vote for the independent candidate because it is in fact a wasted vote at best, and a damaging vote for the Republicans at worst.

That said I usually vote straight Republican as they are usually the lesser of evils.
That's why you fall for the stale talking points and get your ass back in line, like a good little Kulak.

Hmmm….I’d argue that.
I’d say Indy’s are much closer to the Dem Party particularly on social issues…and center/left folks always seem more compelled by their feelings and not their brains.
Indy’s profess to be compelled by fiscal responsibility, by freedom and liberty etc etc…Yet ALL the ‘Indys’ on this site and all who I know personally speak like the common leftist and vote Democrat so what they profess means nothing.
Independents who are 'socially liberal' likely vote for Democrats, and why wouldn't they.

Maybe. It's seemed like that every four years for as long as I can remember. But every time voters fall for the partisan fear mongering and elect lesser.

The problem isn't getting the message out. The problem is that voters are trapped in the lesser of two evils conceit. Things won't change until we break out of that idiocy.

Two party drones love lo2e because it makes campaigning easy. They don't even need to worry about nominating a good candidate. All they have to do is demonize the opposition. Get people so scared they'll vote for "anybody but".

That's why I don't worry much about promoting any specific party. Prying people away from lo2e voting is the first step. Once that starts happening, we might not even need a third party - when the majors start losing voters, they'll have real incentive to get their shit together.

But as long as we let them continue to take us for granted, they'll keep shoveling the same shit.
I don’t believe that…I believe a grand theory has been concocted…that’s all.
If a kinda black Kenyan stoner dude with an un-American name can be elected to the highest office in America, and a orange game show host with really bad hair and no experience in government can be elected POTUS and a South African dude can become the richest man on the planet selling electric cars to oil loving Americans than CERTAINLY a political party with a rock-solid platform and message can emerge.
Unfortunately, you simply lack the platform and message.

The ones with no interest in effecting change certainly don’t.
The ones who prefer to let others set America’s course certainly don’t.
Then there are those of us who vote anyway, knowing that needed changes won't take place.

Can the opportunity to win get any better than now? Wouldn’t now be the time to run and give it all you got?
Lib-lites have to beat two 80 year olds…the incumbent has an approval rating of 38% and a shit record across the board and the other candidate is a twice impeached, fraud committing rapist game show host with really bad hair and felony charges up the ass.
COME ON MAN…..if you don’t have a chance now YOU NEVER WILL.

It's a binary system.
Close the thread. .

The GOP hack-a-rama was so terrified of that old man, that the had to steal his delegates and rightful speaking spot in the '12 RNC.
All they had to do is marginalize him. The now is always more important than the future to politicians in most ways.

Lib-lites have to beat two 80 year olds…the incumbent has an approval rating of 38% and a shit record across the board and the other candidate is a twice impeached, fraud committing rapist game show host with really bad hair and felony charges up the ass.
It proves the best and brightest don’t always display lying narcissistic tendencies. Who in their right mind would want to be belittled day in and out by mainstream and social media? Who would ever want one’s life dissected by self righteous members of the media?

I don’t believe that…I believe a grand theory has been concocted…that’s all.
If a kinda black Kenyan stoner dude with an un-American name can be elected to the highest office in America, and a orange game show host with really bad hair and no experience in government can be elected POTUS and a South African dude can become the richest man on the planet selling electric cars to oil loving Americans than CERTAINLY a political party with a rock-solid platform and message can emerge.
Unfortunately, you simply lack the platform and message.
We need a wtf? reaction emoji.

The libertarians plan to run an executive from Penthouse magazine. Apparently, that's the best they've got.

The message is it out. Rugged individualism is less appealing than even being trickled on which is born out by the fact how libertarians never put their money where theirs mouths are to fuck of into the wilderness to start libertarian utopia.

Forum List

Back