Why Are Cats So Prone To Bladder Infections?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
My cat has already had one, and she might have to go back to the vet tomorrow because although she's been sleeping most of the day, when she's up and about she keeps running into the litterbox straining to relieve herself and when she finally goes she doesn't go very much. She also has been letting out some deep throat meows.

Other than that she seems happy enough and is drinking water (and I assume eating) and is purring when she gets attention, but I'm afraid that there is something wrong with her. I'm just not sure if it's a bladder infection or something else. If she's still having issues tomorrow I hope the vet can get her in because lately they've been really funny about how they schedule appointments. If she's in obvious pain though, I at least hope that they will prescribe medication for her, otherwise we'll be finding a new vet.

It might be crystals in its bladder. My cat had that and was on a special diet his entire life. I believe the culprit is manganese. It's body does not process manganese and it forms crystals. A trip to the vet is nec3ssary.

It might be crystals in its bladder. My cat had that and was on a special diet his entire life. I believe the culprit is manganese. It's body does not process manganese and it forms crystals. A trip to the vet is nec3ssary.

Hmm,.. interesting and yeah, she's probably going to go sometime this week. Hopefully she'll be able to get in tomorrow. What kind of special diet was your cat on? I'm just wondering because mine is rather finicky so I'm hoping she'll eat whatever she needs to so she won't get this problem again. It's not the same as telling a little kid that they have to eat the food that's good for them, that the doctor tells them, and that they're not allergic to because you can just explain it to them that it's for their good to stay healthy.

Feed your cat baby spinach once a day ... Just a few pieces.
It will eat all it wants and not too much.

Full of vitamins and minerals and promotes digestive health.

Feed your cat baby spinach once a day ... Just a few pieces.
It will eat all it wants and not too much.

Full of vitamins and minerals and promotes digestive health.

That's interesting, but I'm not going to give my cat anything new until my vet tells me to.

That's interesting, but I'm not going to give my cat anything new until my vet tells me to.

Okay ... My cat just told me it liked spinach when it would jump on the counter and snatch it out of hands when I was making a smoothie.
I looked it up online and everything I found said it was good for them ... And it hasn't had a UTI since.

Hmm,.. interesting and yeah, she's probably going to go sometime this week. Hopefully she'll be able to get in tomorrow. What kind of special diet was your cat on? I'm just wondering because mine is rather finicky so I'm hoping she'll eat whatever she needs to so she won't get this problem again. It's not the same as telling a little kid that they have to eat the food that's good for them, that the doctor tells them, and that they're not allergic to because you can just explain it to them that it's for their good to stay healthy.
Science Diet, I got it from the vet. My cat loved it. He only ate the dry but it comes in dry and canned. Animals will not starve to death. Keep giving them the same food and they will get the message.

Science Diet, I got it from the vet. My cat loved it. He only ate the dry but it comes in dry and canned. Animals will not starve to death. Keep giving them the same food and they will get the message.

Yeah, my cat tends to prefer dry food as well, but she has a little bit of wet food each morning due to our vet's suggestion.

Okay ... My cat just told me it liked spinach when it would jump on the counter and snatch it out of hands when I was making a smoothie.
I looked it up online and everything I found said it was good for them ... And it hasn't had a UTI since.

Lol does your cat like carrots, corn, and lettuce too by any chance? She doesn't get very much and often she just plays with it, but my cat prefers those over chicken and tuna any day surprisingly enough. :badgrin:

Cats are odd when it comes to vegetables. They will like one. My cat loved corn. My roommate's cat liked peas. Spinach is loaded with oxalates that form kidney stones in humans. I love spinach but haven't had it in years.

Cats are odd when it comes to vegetables. They will like one. My cat loved corn. My roommate's cat liked peas. Spinach is loaded with oxalates that form kidney stones in humans. I love spinach but haven't had it in years.

Lol another kitty corn lover then. XD

My cat has already had one, and she might have to go back to the vet tomorrow because although she's been sleeping most of the day, when she's up and about she keeps running into the litterbox straining to relieve herself and when she finally goes she doesn't go very much. She also has been letting out some deep throat meows.

Other than that she seems happy enough and is drinking water (and I assume eating) and is purring when she gets attention, but I'm afraid that there is something wrong with her. I'm just not sure if it's a bladder infection or something else. If she's still having issues tomorrow I hope the vet can get her in because lately they've been really funny about how they schedule appointments. If she's in obvious pain though, I at least hope that they will prescribe medication for her, otherwise we'll be finding a new vet.
Take 'em to the vet soon, that can kill the cat.

Forum List

Back