Why are blacks generally poor?

Link/proof?

There is not a race in America based on statistics whose majority lives below poverty level.

Poverty in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Correct.

I'm astonished this would need to be spelled out to anyone.

The US Census declared that in 2010 15.1% of the general population lived in poverty:[35]
9.9% of all non-Hispanic white persons
12.1% of all Asian persons
26.6% of all Hispanic persons (of any race)
27.4% of all black persons.

About half of those living in poverty are non-Hispanic white (19.6 million in 2010),[35] but poverty rates are much higher for blacks and Hispanics. Non-Hispanic white children comprised 57% of all poor rural children.[36]

In FY 2009, black families comprised 33.3% of TANF families, non-Hispanic white families comprised 31.2%, and 28.8% were Hispanic.

Thank you Samson. Indeed it should be obvious.

Why are blacks generally poor?

I don't know. Let's ask these guys:

images

Why are blacks generally poor? All I can come up with is they just don't care to educate themselves and work hard.

Am I right?

I think you're poor. Generally, hicks like you are. Generally, you know...

:lmao:

Your insistance on killing the messanger rather than debating the message speaks volumes.

First, I question the premise: Blacks are NOT "generally poor."

IMHO Black American poverty rate is higher per capita than any other race, however, this does not mean the same thing as ALL blacks are "generally poor."

There is one very significant difference between the black race in the USA and other racial groups: they were enslaved. While I agree that the white majority has done almost everything possible to balance this social handicap, it will still take time before blacks completely recover. This length of this recovery time is now only a function of how quickly blacks can assimilate themselves into the general population.

The assimilation process has always been quickest for groups willing to adopt standard cultural norms. This has been true for all minorities, and blacks will be no exception. Until blacks have leaders that adopt this inclusive, rather than exclusive strategy, they will delay the assimilation process, and continue to have higher per capita poverty rates.
true while there are folks like j jackson telling the black population they are ENTITLED it will NEVER happen

Inferior cultures produce unhappy, uncivilized and poor people. Get rid of all aspects of black culture and you'll see black people thrive.

Last edited:
No.

It's the same reason many (as in most) of the rich folks in this country are so rich.

Inheritance.

It works both ways.

You can inherit poverty as well.

:eusa_eh:

No immigrants to the USA ever became more wealthy than their parents?

I did not realise there were so many Irish and Italian slums.

:lol:

Why?

Because of several reasons.

First they weren't restricted by the way they looked by the government in many cases, as to where to live.

Second, they were fully aware of their family roots, were able to keep the ties with their families and many were pretty well educated..and they weren't restricted to getting education once they got here.

Third, they were never restricted, for the most part, from owning land, voting, starting businesses or getting loans and grants.

Fourth, they were never restricted, by the government or the private sector, from getting employment anywhere they wanted.

That's the short list.

I think you're poor. Generally, hicks like you are. Generally, you know...

:lmao:

they're not hicks, they're well groomed mountain people.

There is such a thing?

Dee pinds how u dee fine groom.

Watermelon pip spitting, toilet seat tossing and armpit serenades... welcome to the Summer Redneck Games

hoo says we aint cleen? this is how we wash up fer dinner. Wut dont kill the hog onlee make u stronger.

article-2013402-0CF181EB00000578-694_636x397.jpg

Why are blacks generally poor? All I can come up with is they just don't care to educate themselves and work hard.

Am I right?

Why do people (mostly lefties) automatically assume that Blacks are "generally poor"? Wishful thinking with a dash of racist plantation mentality? How did LBJ's "great society" work out? After half a century the LBJ legacy is still thought of as a shining example of how to care for the Black population while poverty pimps still distribute money to Black women replacing the man in the family and out of wedlock births among Black girls is around 70% not counting the abortion rate. The short answer for Black poverty is liberal racism.

Am I right?

Most blacks are too stupid for hard work to matter, unless they have athletic talent.

No.

It's the same reason many (as in most) of the rich folks in this country are so rich.

Inheritance.

It works both ways.

You can inherit poverty as well.

:eusa_eh:

No immigrants to the USA ever became more wealthy than their parents?

I did not realise there were so many Irish and Italian slums.

:lol:

Why?

Because of several reasons.

First they weren't restricted by the way they looked by the government in many cases, as to where to live.

Second, they were fully aware of their family roots, were able to keep the ties with their families and many were pretty well educated..and they weren't restricted to getting education once they got here.

Third, they were never restricted, for the most part, from owning land, voting, starting businesses or getting loans and grants.

Fourth, they were never restricted, by the government or the private sector, from getting employment anywhere they wanted.

That's the short list.

Yeah, its much more than inheritance. Most do not "inherit" an economic condition in the USA. Currently, Blacks are no exception.

However, I will agree that Blacks have been the exception.

Am I right?
People who are violent with low IQ's are going to be poor

Am I right?

Because you would be wrong to assume that silliness . How does 30% (a MINORITY of "them") of a population or demographic that is "poor", suddenly represent the 70% (A MAJORITY of "them") who are NOT poor? In fact; I can't think of one of my "Black friends" or Black family members who would even come close to qualifying as "poor".

You are smarter than the assertion you posted in your OP, why would you come out with something that I am willing to bet you already know is FALSE.

Maybe you "unintentionally" or intentionally used the wrong word when you used the term "generally"?

gen·er·al·ly
ˈjenərəlē/
adverb
adverb: generally

in most cases; usually

Forum List

Back