Vehicular homicide is cool, too

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
We don't need no stinkin trial by jury.

DeLand, Florida — DeLand Police Officer James Harris was fired from his job after he accidentally ran over Marlon Robert Brown as he was fleeing from officers. FHP spokesperson Sgt. Kim Montes says 38-year old Marlon Robert Brown “failed to stop” for a Volusia County deputy who attempted to pull him over for a seat belt violation on Green Avenue at Parsons Avenue at 12:36 Monday morning. The Volusia County deputy then backed off and radioed dispatch to alert officers in DeLand that the driver was in their area.
Marlon Brown fled from his car on foot after DeLand Police Officers tried to pull him over. As officers were pursuing Brown, he slipped and fell in front of the officer’s patrol car, causing the officer to run over him.

Brown led two seperate agencies and multiple officers on a chase, however it was Officer James Harris that went around other officers, running Brown over with his patrol car. Officer Harris was fired for violating department policy involving a pursuit, according to officials.

Marlon Brown was a known felon in the area.

The family of Marlon Brown has hired Benjamin Crump, the no name attorney that recently made a name for himself during the Trayvon Martin case.

Benjamin Crump says the officer should have been charged with vehicular homicide. A grand Jury refused to press charges against Officer James Harris earlier this month, citing the video did not show cause for charges to be filed, because the video clearly shows Marlon Brown falling in front of the vehicle.

So why fire him? If he didn't do anything wrong, he should still have a job.

Marlon Brown Dash Cam Release Being Run Over - Ocala Post | Ocala Post

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewrTdjXrNI4]Marlon Brown Dash Cam Video Being Run Over By Police - YouTube[/ame]

I always support the police when I can, but that looked intentional to me.

Definitely deliberate. Even if he hadn't fallen, he would have been run down. The cop should have gone to jail based on that video.

• Banned
The felon gets run over, the officer fired, the city sued. This is a win win.

Felony seat belt violation?

And oh, here's a familiar name.

But the grand jury found there was not enough evidence to criminally prosecute Harris for vehicular homicide. Brown’s family points out that the jury had not seen video of the incident, and questions the testimony of the medical examiner, Shiping Bao, who was fired after his testimony in Trayvon Martin’s case. Bao said the car didn’t strike Brown and that Brown had no broken bones, but that he was pinned underneath the car and suffocated.

Florida Cop Kills Man By Running Him Over With His Car, Will Not Be Charged | ThinkProgress

Why didn't the officer just move the car?

And since Bao changes his story whenever necessary, maybe next week he'll announce that he was wrong.

The criminal is dead, saving society of a lifetime of crime.

The cop is a hero

Forum List

Back