Why Americans are so Angry ~ This is not a Partisan Issue

Eaglewings

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
images

You must be in a dream world if you think that the your desired party/ government is looking out for your best interest.
Wake the fuck up~

People are realizing , and educating themselves to who and what is influencing the congress, government voting interests and their voting history is not in our favor.

Big money is basically running this country, and attempts to make it transparent is continuously being shot down by the backers and donors of the Super-Pacs.

This thread is just a tiny tiny bit of what is really going on.:cheeky-smiley-018:

Koch Brothers' Network Considering Anti-Trump Campaign
Conservative Koch Brothers' Political Network Is Stumped by Trump

7ff69bcbd693d6399cb63d775b57779e.jpg

The Stop Super PAC-Candidate Coordination Act: S. 1838 and HR 425 continuously being blocked.

July 26-27, 2010: Republican Filibuster Blocks Campaign Finance Act Intended to Override ‘Citizens Un
ited’ Decision

To ensure that everyone is held accountable, in addition to rigorous enforcement of existing laws, we need legislation to shut down individual candidate super PACs and strengthen the rules that prohibit coordination between candidates and outside spending groups.

Organizations Supporting H.R.4010
    • Americans for Campaign Reform
    • League of Women Voters
    • Citizens for Responsibility & Ethics in Washington
    • Democracy 21
    • Public Campaign
    • Sunlight Foundation
A war is being waged against the DISCLOSE Act. Its Commander in Chief is Senator Mitch McConnell, his secret weapon is misinformation and his goal is to protect unlimited dark money contributions to the political process.

:deal:

McConnell outlined his plan of attack in a speech to the American Enterprise Institute. Wrapping himself in a narrow and self-serving interpretation of the First Amendment, McConnell casts liberals as the enemies of free speech and he and his foot soldiers (the Chamber of Commerce) as the true protectors of our constitutional rights. But take apart his arguments and it is easy to spot his true intentions—not to protect the free speech rights of all citizens, but to protect the ability of wealthy donors to anonymously influence our democratic process.

The Sunlight Foundation refutes the worst inaccuracies being lobbed against reasonable efforts to disclose the dark money that is infiltrating our elections. This Orwellian tactic is timed to defang public support for the DISCLOSE Act, which the Senate is likely to consider in July.

Rebuttal to McConnell’s War of Misinformation on DISCLOSE Act

Koch brothers
gives $14200.00 to CONSERVATIVE SOLUTIONS PAC

First on CNN: Billionaire brothers give Cruz super PAC $15 million
Billionaire brothers give Cruz super PAC $15 million - CNNPolitics.com

upload_2016-3-6_9-28-9.jpeg

Senate Republicans block DISCLOSE Act for second straight day - CNNPolitics.com

Senate Republicans again Tuesday blocked Democratic legislation that would require greater transparency into who is behind much of the secretive, often negative campaign advertising filling the airwaves this
election season.

George Soros spent $1 million on Proposition 19 in 2010 , the initiative to legalize marijuana in California. All voters saw was fine print: “Paid for by the Drug Policy Action Committee to Tax and Regulate Marijuana...”

Source: www.caclean.org

Prescription drug, biotechnology, and medical device companies spent more than $700 million lobbying congress and the Whitehouse between 2009 and 2011. In 2012 Congress gave these industries more say in how prescription drugs and medical devices are approved.

Source: Union of Concerned Scientists study

Investments in Corruption

Three GOP Senators Battle Koch Brothers Critics

Senators vote down plan to cut drug costs

Ken_at_Congress_Will_pass_laws_for_money.jpg

Last edited:
Oddly enough congress isn't supposed to look out for our interests. We are. They are supposed to make sure our liberties are protected and our lives are protected. Other than that, we are supposed to step up and makes our lives the best we can

Why the focus on Koch bros? You think this doesn't go on all the time on both sides? GE, George Soros, unions, on and on all buy power and sweetheart deals. The bigger government gets the more it will exist.

Why the focus on Koch bros? You think this doesn't go on all the time on both sides? GE, George Soros, unions, on and on all buy power and sweetheart deals. The bigger government gets the more it will exist.
I think it may have to do with their ulterior motives. Unless you are not affected by fracking, leaky pipelines, uranium mining etc... or making a buck or two from them you would most generally not want them making decisions on things you must live with. They are all creeps.

I agree with the fact that it does go across party lines.My own amateur analysis is actually that it is a conspiracy. The way i see it the media wich is basicly big business actually, intentionaly perputuates the polaratation of the country. A republican will get its info from fox news. A democrat will watch MSNBC. They will never listen to the other side. In politics both sides will argue about Gay marriage or abortion or any issue tha doesn't really hurt the bottom line while at the same time big business will, in alot of cases quite obviously directly influence the political system.

Oddly enough congress isn't supposed to look out for our interests. We are. They are supposed to make sure our liberties are protected and our lives are protected. Other than that, we are supposed to step up and makes our lives the best we can
General Welfare...You lose, as always.

I think it may have to do with their ulterior motives. Unless you are not affected by fracking, leaky pipelines, uranium mining etc... or making a buck or two from them you would most generally not want them making decisions on things you must live with. They are all creeps.
I wisely chose not to live near mines but the are laws against polluting. I don't buy into the fracking hysteria or all the left wing bogeymen since they only stock bullshit on their side but I am concerned about being a subject to the state and getting scammed out of my earnings.

I wisely chose not to live near mines but the are laws against polluting. I don't buy into the fracking hysteria or all the left wing bogeymen since they only stock bullshit on their side but I am concerned about being a subject to the state and getting scammed out of my earnings.
I have a bit of experience in the mining industry, waste disposal and water supplies. Its not hysteria and if the pollution of water and food keeps getting pushed the people are going to just get firmer in pushing back. They may very well choose Soros over being poisoned.

Soro's and the big money is included...I could have spent a week writing down everyone..

Soro's and the big money is included...I could have spent a week writing down everyone..
I saw Koch mentioned a whole bunch.

HILLY-V-BERNIE-DONORS.png

I included Government...local government as well.

Of coarse they have everything to do with our life's ... basically everything that you look at, eat, ect. is regulated or voted upon..
It doesn't matter if it is Right or Left..they are all about money for themselves or their causes..

I saw Koch mentioned a whole bunch.

HILLY-V-BERNIE-DONORS.png

I know the koch brothers are quoted the most..doesn't matter if I made it equal...Add your own too..so easy to do.

Hate to break it to you but we aren't playing a game.

Of coarse they have everything to do with our life's ... basically everything that you look at, eat, ect. is regulated or voted upon..
It doesn't matter if it is Right or Left..they are all about money for themselves or their causes..

Well local government clearly has a responsibility and more importantly authority to do more than the federal government.

Ironically most people ignore local elections and don't get involved which is where you need to be involved. If more people did we would filter out some of these crappie federal politicians before they get going.

Hate to break it to you but we aren't playing a game.

The media is sure playing a number on us..All the big money has to do is leak something stupid and everyone bickers on it for weeks to keep us off of what is really going on.

Well local government clearly has a responsibility and more importantly authority to do more than the federal government.

Ironically most people ignore local elections and don't get involved which is where you need to be involved. If more people did we would filter out some of these crappie federal politicians before they get going.

My family was really involved in local politics, during the campaigns you can see the corruption big time.. The town I live in had some corrupt jerk who scratched the backs of Netflix , and home developers...We are now living in a overcrowded mess.

We get what we get.

Districts are so gerrymandered that you can be an extremists and win your local election. In fact , you kinda have too in order to win.

We get what we get.

Districts are so gerrymandered that you can be an extremists and win your local election. In fact , you kinda have too in order to win.

I think some politicians start out honest but eventually protect their special interest groups..

An honest man can not win office . Shit , people want a favor just cause they held a sign for you ! Imagine if they spent thousands on a guy?

Forum List

Back