Why America Abandoned The Greatest Economy In History

How is bending a knee to the Liberal Elite and kissing the ass of a union boss or government official in my "self interest"?

The Ghetto Community has continued to listen to Rev. Sharpton and their other leaders for many decades, yet don't seem to be doing nearly as well as the Honky Conservatives.
The so called ghetto communities don't get tthe same chances at bank loans to start businesses, TIFFS, Tax Abatements and other government handouts, nor are black tax dollars equally returned back to the community via CBC funds and all this is due to white racism, not listening to Sharpton, etc.

Last edited:
Not that this observation about the predatory class isn't true in and of itself, but this isn't the issue in terms of the declines you mention.

The US enjoyed an insane global advantage coming out of WWII, but that was never going to last, and hasn't.

The issues since 1945:

1/Boomers.

Too many, and they're now dragging the economy down, and making housing and healthcare impossibly expensive as they hoard as much of everything as they can.

But their die-off has begun, and nearly half will be gone in 10 years, and nearly all in 20.

2/Military cost of Empire.

From Truman to Biden & with nary a respite, trillions squandered by the Deep State in the mass murder/military slaughter of millions around the globe, all against the Will of The People.

I don't know when or if this will stop short of national collapse or some form of revolution.

3/Loss of Post WWII economic advantage.

In 1945, the US was the one massive developed economy and infrastructure unwrecked by war.

We rode that for about 25 years before the cracks happened, and combined with too many Boomers and too much fascism/global terrorism on our part, here we are.

So yeah, robber barons are bad, but it's the other things, stupid.
The military cost has been the problem. Social Security is taken out of our checks so the money going to baby boomers is their money paid in. Medicare is deducted from a persons social security check. So younger people just need to work 40 quarters like everybody else.

Last edited:
What the fuck are you posting about racist fuckup.
Our nation peaked around 1970 or so. As a nation with real foundation. We were slowly losing preeminence in near everything from the post WW 2 era. The world rebuilt and retooled, and their employees were hungrier to do better as we started to get lazy. Two examples were that our automobiles and electronics such as TV's and radios became inferior to foreign made products from Japan. They purchased American electronic companies and used the names of the products even making them in Japan. It was pretty quick. We gave up without a fight. Many employees were fortunate. They got huge buyouts and pensions depending on the company sold. RCA, Magnavox, Zenith and so many others went down. In truth we had about a quarter century of dominance industrially. All of those social justice agendas and programs started some years before the early 1970's and newer ones started to grow exponentially. Women went into the workforce in huge numbers. Thus, taxes rose even more, and it kept wages lower as more competition occurred and it became more of a management market. Production did not really ramp up higher as Gross National Product slowed down with the lower wages reflected as a part of any growth.

You both play stupid and embrace it.
Says the guy who voted for Joe Biden..nuff said. And i would never embrace someone as stupid as you.

Bidenet.png

If there is one statistic that best captures the transformation of the American economy over the past half century, it may be this: Of Americans born in 1940, 92 percent went on to earn more than their parents; among those born in 1980, just 50 percent did. Over the course of a few decades, the chances of achieving the American dream went from a near-guarantee to a coin flip.

What happened?

The transfer of wealth from the working class, to the morbidly rich. That's what happened. We now just need to teach this to the Gen Z and later generations, and how to take that wealth back from the "Entitled Worthless", of whom it does not belong.

There are many erroneous assumptions expressed in the comments, and some reasonable points raised in the OP and especially the linked Atlantic article. But even the perceptive Atlantic article mostly only addresses domestic issues. It barely touches on what I consider the key issues … of the differences between old and new international economic forces.

The generation born around 1940 was raised in a unique period where U.S. capitalist competitors in Europe and the world were destroyed by WWII and the U.S. straddled the world as the overwhelming “numero uno” in world production, trade, manufacturing capacity, technology, and above all in possession of ready capital.

Our major political-military competitor was the huge but backward bureaucratic communist USSR, which was also destroyed by war and later proved no match for capitalism in productive capacity, though that was not always so evident back then. The USSR’s planned economy had certain advantages in the immediate postwar period, but its internal contradictions and dictatorial nature treating conquered Eastern and even Central European nations proved too much for it.

The gradual rebirth of real economic competition from a reborn Europe, Japan, South Korea, (only much later China) as well as our own mistakes (i.e. Vietnam) tended to undercut the U.S. artificial monopoly position as world economic giant — this was indicated by our having to abandon the antique and always creaky Gold Standard in 1971. This competition — decade by decade — undercut our unions, as cheap labor abroad, increasingly skilled and hardworking populations in other countries, and the fundamental advantages of a world division of labor and resources undercut domestic U.S.-based industry. U.S. capitalism essentially had to adapt to a world of rising international capitalism, even as it devoted much of its efforts to containing and opposing Soviet and “world communism.”

While we were busy opposing communism, we did at least end Jim Crow in our own country, something absolutely morally necessary — and something also needed to avoid being stigmatized during the Cold War as an apartheid regime by the USSR and by newly independent or ex-colonial African, Asian and Latin American countries. It was natural, almost inevitable, that more and more of the “Old World” and also some new “Asian Tigers” developed, and in some areas their factories utilized new advanced capitalist production techniques that further undercut old U.S. heavy industry.

After the collapse of the USSR, many Americans thought our leadership would be permanent and unchallenged. What arrogance! That overlooked all the real economic changes that had occurred and were occurring in the world economy.

That doesn’t mean our country must fall apart, or that we are inevitably trapped into a future where financial or high tech capitalist oligarchs rule over an American population of declining standards of living. No, scientific progress still holds out great possibilities of a better future for all — especially for Americans.

But there is no way back to the immediate post WWII period. Whatever mistakes we — or other societies — have made in the period since WWII, we now need forward looking policies that face the world as it really is. The last thing we need is to consume ourselves in domestic civil war or chaos over idiotic “culture wars.”

Last edited:
Why yes, Joe Biden has about 20 words he can remember, then he babbles on about cornpop....You definitely should not have gone there. Moron.
Hilarious

From a supporter of a guy with a vocabulary of about 200 words.

This exchange is a microcosm of what is wrong with our country

We no longer fight over how good our chosen leaders are, now it is a fight over which one sucks less.

This exchange is a microcosm of what is wrong with our country

We no longer fight over how good our chosen leaders are, now it is a fight over which one sucks less.
No, you have that wrong, one denies the reality of the stupidity of his vein thin skinned guy while the other looks at the results of an aging President.

I acknowledge that Biden has been a gaffe prone politician while the other eats the shit sandwiches he produces and brags about it.

Last edited:
No, you have that wrong, one denies the reality of the stupidity of his vein thin skinned guy while the other looks at the results of an aging President.

I acknowledge that Biden has been a gaffe prone politician while the other eats the shit sandwiches he produces and brags about it.
By the way, how many billions of dollars have you made in your lifetime?

If there is one statistic that best captures the transformation of the American economy over the past half century, it may be this: Of Americans born in 1940, 92 percent went on to earn more than their parents; among those born in 1980, just 50 percent did. Over the course of a few decades, the chances of achieving the American dream went from a near-guarantee to a coin flip.

What happened?

The transfer of wealth from the working class, to the morbidly rich. That's what happened. We now just need to teach this to the Gen Z and later generations, and how to take that wealth back from the "Entitled Worthless", of whom it does not belong.

I was born in 1940 and when I turned 21 I was making more than my father (although he owned our home outright). However, his generation(s) went through two world wars and a depression, mine was the beneficiary of the wealth created by those times.

The rich know how to play the 'wealth game' better than most. They are no more evil than the ordinary citizen. They are also the capitalists/movers and shakers that excite the economy.

I had the 'get rich' bug as a young man but when I learned what it would take I abandoned the idea. I was really more interested in having fun with my money than investing it (and I had a helluva lot of fun). :p

It wasn't until my kids were grown that I would be able to invest. Up until age 44 I hadn't saved a nickel.

Last edited:

You ask what happened?

You ask what happened?

American youth underachieved

Starting with the spoiled rotten Baby Boomers who discovered drugs and thought they discovered sex

And they passed their underwhelming performance along to their children and grandchildren

The American Dream still exists but its often written in Sanskrit than our native English

Indians and students in other countries studied math and science instead of mastering bullshit sex education

Then the highly motivated foreigners came to America and secured well paying jobs that many American kids were unqualified for

Last edited:

Forum List

Back