Who's stupid now?

I totally agree that he acted like a complete and total prick and understand WHY Crowley arrested him. I just think it's wrong for a cop arrest a man who up until he stepped on his property was minding his own business and doing nothing wrong. IMO, after Gates ID'd himself and yelped racism, Crowley should have given him his badge number and his supervisor's number, told him to call him and file a complaint, and then taken whatever verbal assault Gates laid on him as he left.

And that's where we Disagree...

I have Higher Expectations of my Fellow Citizens when it comes to the Work the Police have to do...

The Office WAS leaving... At that point the Expectation is that Gates takes his Drunk ass back in the House and shuts the fuck up.

I would have been Pleased that that my Neighbors and the Police were Concerned about my Property once all things were Established...

But then again, unlike this Racist Gates, I don't run around Accusing every Cracker who Approaches me of being a Racist.

He does...

He was Looking for an Event and Wine probably played a Role in his Veiled Threats against the Officer.

He has a MASSIVE Chip on his Shoulder and once his Generation is Gone, we might be able to Start some Race Healing...

Until then, I'm as Guilty as this Officer of being White and Blacks like Gates aren't going to Change, they will just have to Expire.

And there are plenty of Whites in the Same Boat...

I do NOT believe this Officer is one of them, instead I KNOW this Officer put up with EXTRA Shit from this guy because he was Black.

I would Wager that if Gates was White that the Arrest would have come Sooner.

White Cops know what the Potential of Serious Claims of Racism and Lawsuits are from Beligerant Blacks who are already Accusing them of Racism from the First Word... And in this Neighborhood?

They Deal with it EVERYDAY in the Hood...

I Doubt very much that this Officer was Expecting this Shitheadedness from a Mature and Established Man, but he got it...

And I am Certain he took Loads more Sht from Gates simply because he was Black.

You know he did, A15... Admit it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEuQowyUMFk]YouTube - Toms Nigga Moment[/ame]

I bet that Arron Mcgruder would agree about what happened with Gates...

Wonder if the Boondocks has covered it?

:)

peace...

I agree that Crowley isn't racist. I agree that Gates has a chip on his shoulder. I agree that if Gates were white he would have gotten arrested sooner.

But yes, we differ.

It was Gates' property and after it was established that Gates was the homeowner and no crime was committed Crowley had no need to be on the premises any more. He needs to leave now and should be man enough and confident enough in the job he has performed to simply give Gates his super's number and walk away from it. That's the way I think it should be, anyway.

He was leaving, A15... Gates Followed him with Veiled Threats of "you don't know what your messin' with" or something to that effect...

Gates should have backed off as the Cop backed off...

He Caused his own Arrest.

Chappelle could have done a "When Keepin' it Real goes WRONG" on this one.

"Ya, I'll speak with your mama outside,"

peace...

And that's where we Disagree...

I have Higher Expectations of my Fellow Citizens when it comes to the Work the Police have to do...

The Office WAS leaving... At that point the Expectation is that Gates takes his Drunk ass back in the House and shuts the fuck up.

I would have been Pleased that that my Neighbors and the Police were Concerned about my Property once all things were Established...

But then again, unlike this Racist Gates, I don't run around Accusing every Cracker who Approaches me of being a Racist.

He does...

He was Looking for an Event and Wine probably played a Role in his Veiled Threats against the Officer.

He has a MASSIVE Chip on his Shoulder and once his Generation is Gone, we might be able to Start some Race Healing...

Until then, I'm as Guilty as this Officer of being White and Blacks like Gates aren't going to Change, they will just have to Expire.

And there are plenty of Whites in the Same Boat...

I do NOT believe this Officer is one of them, instead I KNOW this Officer put up with EXTRA Shit from this guy because he was Black.

I would Wager that if Gates was White that the Arrest would have come Sooner.

White Cops know what the Potential of Serious Claims of Racism and Lawsuits are from Beligerant Blacks who are already Accusing them of Racism from the First Word... And in this Neighborhood?

They Deal with it EVERYDAY in the Hood...

I Doubt very much that this Officer was Expecting this Shitheadedness from a Mature and Established Man, but he got it...

And I am Certain he took Loads more Sht from Gates simply because he was Black.

You know he did, A15... Admit it.

YouTube - Toms Nigga Moment

I bet that Arron Mcgruder would agree about what happened with Gates...

Wonder if the Boondocks has covered it?

peace...

I agree that Crowley isn't racist. I agree that Gates has a chip on his shoulder. I agree that if Gates were white he would have gotten arrested sooner.

But yes, we differ.

It was Gates' property and after it was established that Gates was the homeowner and no crime was committed Crowley had no need to be on the premises any more. He needs to leave now and should be man enough and confident enough in the job he has performed to simply give Gates his super's number and walk away from it. That's the way I think it should be, anyway.

He was leaving, A15... Gates Followed him with Veiled Threats of "you don't know what your messin' with" or something to that effect...

peace...

I know what he did and as I stated earlier I think he should have taken it, got in his car, and left.

But yes, we differ.

peace...

I know what he did and as I stated earlier I think he should have taken it, got in his car, and left.

2nd Officer, and there were about half dozen as Crowely wanted to move this outside...

Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Police Report - July 23, 2009

"You don't know who you are Messing with"...

On page (2) you see how much the Officer put up with...

From in the House to outside.

If Gates can Act this way, then ANYONE can Act this way and in that, there will be NO Order.

Cops don't have to Take Shit because they are Cops.

Responding to a Residence that had been Previously Burglarized and then being Verbally Assualted and Threatened by someone who Refuses to Identify themselves?...

Come on, A15...

peace...

peace...

2nd Officer, and there were about half dozen as Crowely wanted to move this outside...

If Gates can Act this way, then ANYONE can Act this way and in that, there will be NO Order.

Responding to a Residence that had been Previously Burglarized and then being Verbally Assualted and Threatened by someone who Refuses to Identify themselves?...

Come on, A15...

peace...

You're not shedding any new light on the subject for me, mal. In my view once it's established that Gates is the homeowner and that no crime was committed Crowley no longer has any right to be on that property and must leave. It's no longer a police matter ... Gates can either be cordial and thank him, or call him a racist, follow him into the yard and yell and scream all he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Come on, A15...

peace...

You're not shedding any new light on the subject for me, mal. In my view once it's established that Gates is the homeowner and that no crime was committed Crowley no longer has any right to be on that property and must leave. It's no longer a police matter ... Gates can either be cordial and thank him, or call him a racist, follow him into the yard and yell and scream all he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Change the Law on Disorderly Conduct then...

The Officer was Acting within the Law.

And I have Higher Expectations of my Fellow Citizens to NOT Act this way when their Property is being Secured by the Police after a Previous Break in, and Gates getting a Pass by ANYONE for his Actions only Illustrates that Shithead Racists like himself have More Respect than an Officer simply doing his Job does with some People.

And that's Fucking Tragic.

peace...

Come on, A15...

peace...

Change the Law on Disorderly Conduct then...

The Officer was Acting within the Law.

And I have Higher Expectations of my Fellow Citizens to NOT Act this way when their Property is being Secured by the Police after a Previous Break in, and Gates getting a Pass by ANYONE for his Actions only Illustrates that Shithead Racists like himself have More Respect than an Officer simply doing his Job does with some People.

And that's Fucking Tragic.

peace...

I'm not denying that Crowley acted within the law, dude, just sharing my opinion.

Come on, A15...

peace...

This is it in a nutshell. And that Crowley did not leave shows arrogance and a disregard for the population he serves. His being offended does not give him the right to abuse his authority.

Come on, A15...

peace...

This is it in a nutshell. And that Crowley did not leave shows arrogance and a disregard for the population he serves. His being offended does not give him the right to abuse his authority.

He was leaving the Entire time...

He asked to leave his house, and then was leaving in the presence of a half a dozen Cops and Witnesses and Gates Persisted.

He was within the Law to Detain him and it was only Dropped because it became a Race Issue on a National Level and Dumbo Injected his Ignorance which led to more Drinking and Talking between the Cop and Gates.

peace...

Come on, A15...

peace...

gates doesn't own the home and he wasn't being particularly helpful in establishing that fact. gates brought it on himself, imo.

I wish there was a way to identify idiots like Gates and those of you who defend him so that LEO could just not respond when YOU want them. That seems fair if Gates gets pissed about a LEO questioning a possible burglar of his residence well just don't respond to possible burglaries at his residence. Problem solved........

cases are dropped all the time even though the accused was guilty

think before you speak.....no one is guilty until they are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, in a court of law...we are presumed innocent in the USA, until proven guilty.

Of course you're right, I worded that wrong. I should have written "just because a case isn't prosecuted that doesn't mean the defendant was innocent"

Which is why I said the case was unwarranted.

think before you speak.....no one is guilty until they are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, in a court of law...we are presumed innocent in the USA, until proven guilty.

Of course you're right, I worded that wrong. I should have written "just because a case isn't prosecuted that doesn't mean the defendant was innocent"

And that still isn't even true, lots of warranted cases go untried, for a variety of reasons. It's really no different than if a LEO pulls you over and chooses to issue you a warning rather than a ticket for speeding. He didn't do so because he didn't have a case that you were speeding.

And that still isn't even true, lots of warranted cases go untried, for a variety of reasons. It's really no different than if a LEO pulls you over and chooses to issue you a warning rather than a ticket for speeding. He didn't do so because he didn't have a case that you were speeding.

That's true. I was stopped and ticketed for speeding in a school zone a few minutes before the speed limit would have gone back to normal. The police officer suggested I go see the judge immediately and explain my case. I did. In New Mexico that is a 3-pt violation, the most serious offense.

I explained it was a strange town, there were no kids, no busses in the area, and I had just come around a corner and didn't realize I had entered the school zone. The judge considered my clean driving record, that the lowered speed limit would have gone off in a few minutes, and I was traveling under the regular posted speed, and he voided the ticket.

He didn't drop the charge because I wasn't guilty. I was. He dropped it because it was a reasonable thing to do.

And that's exactly what happened in the Gates affair too. They dropped it because it simply wasn't worth prosecuting it. It was not because there was no merit for the arrest.

The porsecutor dropped the case because, even if it had not gotten national attention because Obama opened his mouth about it when he should not have, the case would have flopped when it got to a judge. The Massachusetts Supreme Court has defined disorderly conduct in such a way that a person yelling at a police officer, and calling him names, is not a prosecutable offense, even if it is done in the town square. The applicable case law in this case is what ruled the prosecutors decision, not your improper interpretation of the law.

gates doesn't own the home and he wasn't being particularly helpful in establishing that fact. gates brought it on himself, imo.

It's always a GREAT Policty to say, "You don't know who you're messin' with" to a Cop as you Deny to Identify yourself in a Residence that Appears to and had been Burglarized...

He CERTAINLY brought ALL of it on himself.

He has Chip the Size of Africa on his Shoulder and it was in Full Flame that Evening.

peace...

Forum List

Back