Who's responsible for the current high prices?

Y

You guys are too funny. I thought your official line was that prices aren't high anymore? Now you are admitting they are.

You thought???? When???? Is there video???? Why are you trying to deflect from the OP with this bulllshit.

Perhaps if you actually read what liberals are saying instead of "thinking" you know something, you wouldn't be so WRONG every time you spout the lies right wing media feeds you.

Prices have gone up 3% over last year, even though prices for gas and food have come down from last year. This is much lower than 9% inflation last year, but higher than the target rate of 2%.

Only 1% of that increase is due to cost increases/inflation. The rest is price gouging. But you continue to blame Biden for all inflation. Any response that doesn't fit on a bumper sticker is too complex for you to fathom.

Except they can control prices. Oil companies regularly create false oil shortages To cause prices to go up.

They pumped just enough to meet their mandatory contracts, And they start putting the rest that they pump in storage. Then they stop pumping. They wait until the oil on the market starts is used up, And prices start to rise, then they slowly sell off the oil they put in reserves. Once those reserves are gone, they start pumping again.

Oil companies have worked together to cause false oil shortages for years.

Half of recent US inflation due to high corporate profits, report finds

The corporations have been quick to pass on any increases in cost, but not inclined to pass on the savings when costs went back down.

So not really inflation anymore, but greedflation.

This, my republican friends, is why capitalism requires regulation and oversight.

There's a lot of truth to this. When people get used to paying $X for something, why bother reducing it?

When I was in business, I was charging $50hr. During slow times, (fall and winter) I'd charge $65hr. No one seemed to care. So I kept it at $65. Prices are market driven. Get as much as the market will bear. That's business 101. Customers aren't their friends. They're simply their customers.

The RINO's and the left have over inflated the USD, that's created this huge inflation we're under.

In 1980, $1 would buy what it takes $3.72 today.

DemonCrats create US and Global crisis. Then raid the US Treasury to "solve it". Everyone above ground should know all of this by now.//
Ever hear of the CARES act? It was a $2.2T economic stimulus bill passed by Congress and signed into law by Trump in March of 2020. Do you mind explaining why you blame Dems for creating the crisis since it was Trump who shut down the economy?

The corporations have been quick to pass on any increases in cost, but not inclined to pass on the savings when costs went back down.

This, my republican friends, is why capitalism requires regulation and oversight.
Repubs are as likely to accept Biden is not solely responsible for global inflation as they are he was not responsible for the global spike in oil prices caused by Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

It does not serve their interests to believe in fact or to make fact based arguments. There is an entire eco-system of media outlets who reinforce the lies the believe in so reality, reason, critical thinking, need not enter the equation.

It's all Biden's fault. That's their story and they're sticking to it.

It is far more than that. Pre-pandemic, companies lowered prices to sell more product to increase their profits. Post-pandemic, companies are increasing prices to increase their profit.

How?.... businesses don't control the price they have to charge the economy does and this economy favors the elites at the expense of the poor and middle class... the exact thing you idiots say republicans would do...

Businesses do control prices in many sectors of the economy. There are too many sectors that are oligopolies where there is little or no competition. The only thing they have to do is charge more than what it cost them. Republicans have no problem with this.

High demand often results in high profits.

Inflation isn’t as complicated as people make it out.

During the pandemic, people esrned money they couldn’t spend, got more money from government handouts, and then when things came back everyone wanted all the things and it led to inflation.

Inflation now is being driven by a tight labor market and higher wages, but the bad inflation everyone is talking about was not a terribly complicated store.

That is a lie. Workers are not benefitting from the higher prices. Company profits are increasing which proves the case. Many people got assistance from the government to pay their expenses. Inflation isn't complicate4d. It is corporate greed.

Forum List

Back