Who's at fault for the 2008 Recession?

bodecea

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Will.Trade.Racists.For.Refugees
On another thread, the 2008 election was brought up. I stated that any Democrat would have won the Presidency because of the Recession under Bush. I was told that the Recession was the fault of the Democrat-let Congress.

Now, I ask....again (because I got a lot of dodging, but no answer)...what Democrat legislation caused the 2008 Recession?

On another thread, the 2008 election was brought up. I stated that any Democrat would have won the Presidency because of the Recession under Bush. I was told that the Recession was the fault of the Democrat-let Congress.

Now, I ask....again (because I got a lot of dodging, but no answer)...what Democrat legislation caused the 2008 Recession?

Whose fault was it?

Easy, Trump.

Next

It was the fault of the Reps and the Dems. More than enough blame to go around for all.

Dubya began his presidency with a big tax cut but few spending cuts. He then fought wars in Afgan and Iraq without raising taxes to pay for it. It got him through his first term but eventually caught up to him. Anyway, that's how I saw it.

It actually started under Carter when Carter thought everyone deserved a home and started to ease the requirements to buy a home. Clinton did much more to ease the requirements. Bush warned about the collapse in 2006. Barney Frank told him he was crazy and then the collapse happened. I remember it because people who were making the same as me buying really nice homes. I bought what I could afford. I remember people paying just the interest on the loan. That's why the collapse happened. Liberals sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

Dubya began his presidency with a big tax cut but few spending cuts. He then fought wars in Afgan and Iraq without raising taxes to pay for it. It got him through his first term but eventually caught up to him. Anyway, that's how I saw it.

He was also really big on the home ownership thing . Banks would loan money to anyone and anything knowing they would fail .

What was the name of that movie about the housing bubble burst ?

The economic decline has to be relegated to Bush. But mortgage regulations were on both D and R.

The core of the 2008 Recession was the housing bubble. Let’s be honest. Democrats pushed for ease of requirements so more lower income people could buy homes. Regardless of income, people bought more house than they could afford. Bankers got rich off of it. Bush touted and celebrated home ownership and Republican bankers got rich. Democrats had initially pushed for the ease of requirements for more minorities and inner city residents to qualify. When many could not meet their mortgage obligation, defaults shot the through the floor. The same people who pushed for easing of financial requirements were the first ones to accuse the mortgage companies of “predatory lending” towards blacks and minorities.

The core of the 2008 Recession was the housing bubble. Let’s be honest. Democrats pushed for ease of requirements so more lower income people could buy homes. Regardless of income, people bought more house than they could afford. Bankers got rich off of it. Bush touted and celebrated home ownership and Republican bankers got rich. Democrats had initially pushed for the ease of requirements for more minorities and inner city residents to qualify. When many could not meet their mortgage obligation, defaults shot the through the floor. The same people who pushed for easing of financial requirements were the first ones to accuse the mortgage companies of “predatory lending” towards blacks and minorities.

I have a feeling Democratic Bankers were making money as well.

"These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis. The more people exaggerate these problems..." Barney Frank

Keeping the two afloat cost taxpayers $187 billion over time. Treasury paid $116 billion for Fannie and $71 billion for Freddie. ..

Bush's fault. We all know that. Even Trump

upload_2019-3-27_15-25-47.png

I have a feeling Democratic Bankers were making money as well.

Good point. People want to know what / who caused the Recession. The “what” was the housing bubble. Financial controls and thresholds are put in place to mitigate risk of default. You can’t ease those controls simply because people are jealous of others who have a bigger house.

Fiscal and economic policies rooted in class envy lead to failure.

The Uhmarrycan public is at fault.Materialistic drugged out morons with celebrity infatuations. Dumb mofo making a grand a week buys a $750K shack and a new boat. News @ 2009

It's not what legislation they passed, it's about the legislation they didn't.

GWB, Rating Agencies, AIG....Top 3.

What Bush policy caused the 2008 recession?
He was the president when it happened, but he didn't cause it.

Forum List

Back