Whooooo hooo My Johnnys seed order is in. Ok who else is vibing for their garden?

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
here comes the garden. Next up my Stokes, then Vesey's then all the direct seed. I love spring. This winter was horridly hard. Plus in the new house we had to convert the mud room into a cat sanctuary and now without warning I'm doing rescue for all the babies that were thrown outside last winter. 8 inside. 3 still on the outside
working from feral to civilized aint easy lol.

Sooooooooooooooooo here comes the seeds. I'm rocking with some new ones. Dragoon a mini romaine. 30 days baby!!! I am eating. The Indigo series of indeterminate tomatoes that they claim are better than my Sweet Millions, Zebulon an awesome mini sunflower with a green center

That's just for starters.

What did all of you order?

I done planted all mine, too many to list..

You are so blessed. Sigh. In Tennessee I could pull off two seasons. Now I can and do pull off some like sweet millions or indigo cherry, but its horrid to pull of some of my favorite heritage like striped german or brandywine. Such is zone 2A.

here comes the garden. Next up my Stokes, then Vesey's then all the direct seed. I love spring. This winter was horridly hard. Plus in the new house we had to convert the mud room into a cat sanctuary and now without warning I'm doing rescue for all the babies that were thrown outside last winter. 8 inside. 3 still on the outside

Sooooooooooooooooo here comes the seeds. I'm rocking with some new ones. Dragoon a mini romaine. 30 days baby!!! I am eating. The Indigo series of indeterminate tomatoes that they claim are better than my Sweet Millions, Zebulon an awesome mini sunflower with a green center

I don't know about the "indeterminate tomatoes".. I'm not feeling those.

This is sapling year for me. Wanna trade some red bud babies for some salad??

I don't know about the "indeterminate tomatoes".. I'm not feeling those.

This is sapling year for me. Wanna trade some red bud babies for some salad??

Oh determinate are tomato plants that only produce once. Indeterminate means they produce continually.

So if you really want rockers go for sweet millions. I can tell you these are the killer producers EVAH.

Cherry tomatoes that taste like candy man. No shit. Unfreaking real. You skewer them and put them on the grill. You are talking to die for.

I grow from seed so I'm playing a little loose and wild with year because we just got this new property with acreage. But will let you know what works and from what seed company.

I done planted all mine, too many to list..

You are so blessed. Sigh. In Tennessee I could pull off two seasons. Now I can and do pull off some like sweet millions or indigo cherry, but its horrid to pull of some of my favorite heritage like striped german or brandywine. Such is zone 2A.
This year is a late start...So yields will be down with a short intermediate season before it gets burning hot..

What's left of my "garden" turned into a sinkhole and now has two feet of ice over it. My wife told me that her dad had a building where it is now but in my typical husbandly fashion, I wasn't paying attention.

It was a nice garden after we got rid of the mule who once lived on it. But then some seeds that were in the hay bales took over everything. I come from a long line of farmers but the family farming genes stopped with me.

LOL "My Johnny's Seed". I guess I'm a total pervert.

LOL "My Johnny's Seed". I guess I'm a total pervert.

OMG! I never thought of that. But then I'm the fool who typed in "Golden Showers" for this climbing rose I was looking for. Holy freaking Toledo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

Man oh man. I needed bleach to wipe out my eyes.

This year's big project is the barn, next year will be the garden. I'll be terracing a rather steep hillside for everything except potatoes, they will be planted in the flat area below the terrace. I've researched fruit trees grafted onto winter hardy rootstock but am still not convinced that our rather short growing season will allow anything except apples ripen. Apples are good. I can make all kinds of things with apples.

I personally can't grow squat, but have you considered asking Mindful to lead a symposium on the various methods one can use to sex zucchinis? She held an informal session on the topic on another subforum (can't remember which) and it was very informative. Very. :26:

Doing a lot more lettuce/leafy things this year. Then the usuals--red potatoes, corn, howver many varieties tomatoes catch my fancy, probably about 6 varieties of pepper--sweet and hot; 3 or 4 squash varieties, zuke; doing I think 4 varieties of cukes; already have onions/garlic in and up; carrots; a couple varieties of beets; leeks; greenbeans; lima beans; peas (which are already in as well); radishes....sure I am forgetting something. I am mentally in adding more permaculture plants mindset though. Did strawberries and already have an asparagus bed. Will probably add a few more blueberries, maybe a couple fig trees; and some more peaches. Maybe another pear. Not sure about that last one though. Built a trellis for them and transplanted some grapes from elsewhere recently. Hopefully they come out. Not sure if I killed them or not.

Planted Okra, squash, melons,peppers in our Hugelkultur mound.
cleaned out greenhouse and still eating our organic or hydro grown tomatoes since since last Fall,
Planted late so hoping for the best.

Forum List

Back