Who Would Travel to Canada?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Well, except my family members recently, but only at great inconvenience.

First, they had to have updated vaccines and *prove* that they didn't have Covid. Then, they had to have a date and time at which they would cross the bridge to Canada. Yes, an appointment.

We laughed about the old days when we used to go over the Ambassador Bridge with nothing more than a driver's license. Oh well. Canada will be getting zero of my dollars ever again, and I'm far from alone. They can have their totalitarian police state. No thank you.

If I lived closer to Canada, I suppose I would do those things. That said, I live closer to Canada than California, so odds are I will see it again before I see the Pacific Ocean.

First, they had to have updated vaccines and *prove* that they didn't have Covid. Then, they had to have a date and time at which they would cross the bridge to Canada. Yes, an appointment.

We laughed about the old days when we used to go over the Ambassador Bridge with nothing more than a driver's license. Oh well. Canada will be getting zero of my dollars ever again, and I'm far from alone. They can have their totalitarian police state. No thank you.
Not an appointment. It's a general idea. By the time tou are setting oout to cross, you should have some idea of how long it will take. Enter that. They are more looking for the date than the time.

Some of that can be blamed on the idiotic response from the Bush crime cartel to 9/11™

You used to be able to travel into Canada & Mexico with nothing more than your DL, and all over the Caribbean with only your ID and a birth cert.

My yearly fishing trip is on the Ontario and MN border in Voyageurs National Park in September. I will literally fish right up to the border but am not allowed on the other side of the massive waterways. There is no agreement with Canada regarding border waters.
No reason to spend the extra money for another license fishing the exact same lake, but have been known to accidentally cast over the imaginary line on my GPS.

Once quickly landed on one of their islands and stole a couple rocks for the garden...:www_MyEmoticons_com__shush:

You should all come to Canada it's great here.
No way in hell.

My kid and his girl wanted to, but I don't think either want to take extra jabs just to visit.

It is clear, you folks are now a police state. No one should support your totalitarian government, especially after what it did to those protesting those VAX passports. . . cutting off those bank accounts?

No way in hell.

My kid and his girl wanted to, but I don't think either want to take extra jabs just to visit.

It is clear, you folks are now a police state. No one should support your totalitarian government, especially after what it did to those protesting those VAX passports. . . cutting off those bank accounts?
It's weird boating on one of the channels of the lake.
It's about or should I say, aboot 40 ft wide with cabins having Canadian flags on one side and American on the other.
Everyone must stay on their side. The Coast Guard actually patrols those waters.

You should all come to Canada it's great here.
Last time I crossed was in the seventies with my parents on a fly in fishing fishing trip north of International Falls.
Was a cool experience, but way too costly now. I see Canada a lot, but never cross over. Same scenery on my side. Lakes and Pine Trees.

No way in hell.

And how is that different form the US?

Last updated June 13, 2022 at 8:42am EST.

All non-immigrant, non-U.S. citizen air travelers to the United States must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States. In addition, fully vaccinated foreign nationals may also enter the United States at land ports of entry (POE) and ferry terminals.

Exemptions will be considered on an extremely limited basis. Please contact your nearest embassy or consulate to apply for an exemption. Please visit the CDC webpages for more information about exemptions and the requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States.

Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to provide a pre-entry COVID-19 test result to enter the United States by air, land, or sea.

And how is that different form the US?

Last updated June 13, 2022 at 8:42am EST.

All non-immigrant, non-U.S. citizen air travelers to the United States must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to the United States. In addition, fully vaccinated foreign nationals may also enter the United States at land ports of entry (POE) and ferry terminals.

Exemptions will be considered on an extremely limited basis. Please contact your nearest embassy or consulate to apply for an exemption. Please visit the CDC webpages for more information about exemptions and the requirement for proof of negative COVID-19 test or recovery from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving in the United States.

Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to provide a pre-entry COVID-19 test result to enter the United States by air, land, or sea.
You don't need to be fully vaxed if you want to illegally enter the US.

Yup. I boycott all political entities that legislate and enforce stupid laws. Among the first ones that I targeted were California, New Jersey, Maryland, New York, Britain, Australia, France and even Germany sometimes. My list gets longer every week. You have to do more than just boycott them you have to make it clear they are being boycotted and they have to know who is boycotting them. You don't want them to figure it out too long after the fact because then it really won't do the job it's supposed to do.

With all that said, by the way..... Today I put a 12 pack of moosehead beer back in the shelf and grabbed a 30 pack of Montucky from Montana! I'm absolutely excellent beer which recently found its way back into Pennsylvania.

Forum List

Back