WHO now tracking Mu COVID variant, warns it could be more resistant to vaccines

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

WHO now tracking Mu COVID variant, warns it could be more resistant to vaccines​

Ivana Saric
Wed, September 1, 2021, 3:32 PM·1 min read

The World Health Organization added a coronavirus strain called Mu, which was first detected in Colombia in January, to its "Variants of Interest" list on Monday.

Why it matters: The WHO warned that data suggests protection from prior infection or vaccination may not be as strong against the Mu variant, adding that further research is needed to confirm that.

Well, I am out of words. Obviously Trump's fault though.

WHO now tracking Mu COVID variant, warns it could be more resistant to vaccines​

Ivana Saric

The World Health Organization added a coronavirus strain called Mu, which was first detected in Colombia in January, to its "Variants of Interest" list on Monday.

Why it matters: The WHO warned that data suggests protection from prior infection or vaccination may not be as strong against the Mu variant, adding that further research is needed to confirm that.

Here lies the question, and I'm asking for those who might be in the know, "is it better to get the vaccine with so many mutating strands, or better to NOT get vaccinated?"

I am going to search for some answers myself. If anyone can shed light on this subject I would appreciate it as I have to make a decision and wish to have as much information as possible.

Resistant to the vax, or resistance caused by them?

Resistant to the vaccination and/or putting me more at risk (attracting a new strand) with having the vaccine rather than a strong (hopefully), natural immune response absent a vaccine.

There are so many unknowns. For example, I had chicken pox as a kid. The immune system has a long memory for such a virus so you never get it again. I don't think we have near the same hope with this virus, but, maybe some preconditions (such as having the measles, chicken pox, many different colds in ones life) is HELPFUL against this virus.

Just trying to figure out the best way forward. I don't want to give myself a 6-7 month level of protection for one stand only to hurt myself if another emerges dominant.

Last edited:

Ivana Saric

Not to worry. Remember Slo Joe was elected to end all the Covid craziness. Biden was gonna handle it so much better than Trump. :lol:

Ivana Saric

Resistant to the vaccine. Uh oh…what will the COVID authoritarians bitch about now?

Because the Delta variant was not scaring enough people to get vaccinated

Here is the greater risk. With such an interconnected globe we are going to probably see constant mutations of this. Hell, just your southern border alone would be a ticking timebomb of different mutatations from Central and S America. We will play catchup as millions die.

At what point with the virus mutate to such a degree that we have zero resistance and our vaccines are just fuel for them? This could be the real danger.

Resistant to the vaccine. Uh oh…what will the COVID authoritarians bitch about now?
well, it is going as planned. They can now extend unemployment (Thereby gaining them more votes) and lock everyone down. Of course, none of that will apply to them, as we've seen.

They want a world in which THEY get to move about unencumbered by the unwashed masses.

Forum List

Back