Who Let The Dogs Out?

try again-----lots of berbers merged up with kurds and-

No, no, sweetie.

Berbers, or Amazighs, (Berber languages: āµ‰āµŽā“°āµ£āµ‰āµ–āµ, āµŽāµ£āµ—āµ, romanized: ImaziÉ£en; singular: AmaziÉ£, ā“°āµŽā“°āµ£āµ‰āµ– āµŽāµ£āµ—) are an ethnicity of several nations mostly indigenous to North Africa and some northern parts of West Africa.

Berbers mostly live in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Mauritania, northern Mali, northern Niger, and a small part of western Egypt.

Berber nations are distributed over an area stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to the Siwa Oasis in Egypt and from the Mediterranean Sea to the Niger River in West Africa.[30] Historically, Berber nations spoke the Berber languages, which is a branch of the Afroasiatic language family.

Kurds (Kurdish: Ś©ŁˆŲ±ŲÆ ,Kurdā€Ž) or Kurdish people are an Iranic[29][30][31] ethnic group native to a mountainous region of Western Asia known as Kurdistan, which spans southeastern Turkey, northwestern Iran, northern Iraq, and northern Syria.[32][33] There are exclaves of Kurds in Central Anatolia, Khorasan, and the Caucasus, as well as significant Kurdish diaspora communities in the cities of western Turkey (in particular Istanbul) and Western Europe (primarily in Germany). The Kurdish population is estimated to be between 30 and 45 million.[2][34]

Kurds speak the Kurdish languages and the Zazaā€“Gorani languages, which belong to the Western Iranian branch of the Iranian languages in the Indo-European language family.[35][36][37] A majority of Kurds belong to the Shafiā€˜i school of Sunni Islam, but significant numbers practise Shia Islam and Alevism, while some are adherents of Yarsanism, Yazidism, Zoroastrianism and Christianity.

Again, correcting your ignorance would be a full time job... and I doubt it pays well.

you have added nothing to the fact that kurds and
berbers are the indigenous people of a VERY LARGE
area of africa invaded by arabs------who resisted
ARABIZATION and remained IN THE HILLS in order to survive. Like Saladin----they tended NOT to FORCE their religion down the throats of all -----thus other non muslims chose to live not exactly AMONGST them----but up in the same hills (add Turkey and Iran to that "africa" thing-----actually ---more like the western part of Iran-----the more eastern part of Iran----links with AFGHANISTAN) Interestingsly---there were still some minority people in Afghanistan until SUNNI bin Laden and his friends the TALIBAN decided to bring their shit to that country. -------then the Buddhas came tumbling down------and----I know you are glad-------all the jews left

Point is, all these religious minorities COULD live in Islamic lands for centuries. They didn't have a Spanish Inquisition or the
But somehow the Zoroastrians, once being the dominant in the Persian empire, became a tiny minority on the edge of existence.

you have added nothing to the fact that kurds and
berbers are the indigenous people of a VERY LARGE
area of africa invaded by arabs------who resisted
ARABIZATION and remained IN THE HILLS in order to survive.

They did no such thing... They accepted this new religion as better than what they were doing.

you are QUITE A JOKE-------when I was a kid----living in WASPVILLE----and sometimes going to sunday
school with my little friends-----they were CONVINCED that the reason that the natives of south america seem to ALL BE GOOD CATHOLICS is because they SAW HOW GLORIOUS IS CHRISTIANITY ----lucky them---and the "negroes" of the south-----same thing.

uh uh ......

uhm------maimonides did not "convert to islam" in Fez Morocco because he found islam to be a delight.
The zoroastrians of Iran------same thing. A personal anecdote----Long ago ---when I was young---doing a little part time college time job in a hospital, a friendly young Pakistani surgical resident told me-----there was a very famous doctor, born Jewish---in Moorish Spain---who had converted to islam and then BECAME A GREAT DOCTOR-------I asked "what was his name"?----
well-----you guessed it MAIMONIDES. ----well---if you go to Medical school in Pakistan----that is the history you actually LEARN. -----it is actually TAUGHT---as I later discovered from other young pakistani docs

Point is, all these religious minorities COULD live in Islamic lands for centuries. They didn't have a Spanish Inquisition or the
But somehow the Zoroastrians, once being the dominant in the Persian empire, became a tiny minority on the edge of existence.

esay-----Joe needs to study shariah law a bit. He is actually a bit bright----and if he understood shariah law, he would understand WHY lands conquered by muslims BECOME ISLAMIC. Joe----thru marriage I have LOTS of survivors of islamic conquest ---as "in-laws" They all carry family legacies of that which HAPPENED to their communities. ----lots and lots of different lands-----feel free to ask questions. Islamic law is actually simple and INTERNALLY logical. If you believe, which I see you correctly do---that christianity was IMPOSED-----you will see how much MORE SO----was islam

Point taken. So essentially, why do you think that is? Because maybe it was an old religion that just didn't meet the needs of the time. The reason why Christianity and Islam replaced all the old pagan religions is those religions really lacked a philosophical edge to answer people's questions.

esay-----Joe needs to study shariah law a bit. He is actually a bit bright----and if he understood shariah law, he would understand WHY lands conquered by muslims BECOME ISLAMIC. Joe----thru marriage I have LOTS of survivors of islamic conquest ---

Shut the fuck up. Seriously.

Our problem with that part of the world is we need to mind our own fucking business.

taken. So essentially, why do you think that is? Because maybe it was an old religion that just didn't meet the needs of the time. The reason why Christianity and Islam replaced all the old pagan religions is those religions really lacked a philosophical edge to answer people's questions
Well, to some point yes. Zoroastrianism is to some extent a primitive religion. And it is surprisingly how scarce are their teachings and literature left to our days. Even, considering the Islamic invasion.

But at the same time, the Islamic conquest of Persia caused it a hard blow. It is a difficult task to develop a religion while its members are persecuted for centuries, isn't it?

Well, to some point yes. Zoroastrianism is to some extent a primitive religion. And it is surprisingly how scarce are their teachings and literature left to our days. Even, considering the Islamic invasion.

But at the same time, the Islamic conquest of Persia caused it a hard blow. It is a difficult task to develop a religion while its members are persecuted for centuries, isn't it?

But were they persecuted?

The thing is, you can find worshipers of Ahura-Mazda (the Zoroastrian God) today in Persia.

You know what you won't find today? Any worshipers of Zeus or Odin in Europe. You won't find any worshipers of Quetzalcoatl in Mexico. Why? Because Christians completely wiped them out. We know that in Pre-Christian Rome, Mithras was widely worshiped, but we have no idea what his religion was about today.

While the Muslims encouraged conversion by taxing non-believers, the Christians were straight up murdering people. Because Jesus loves you.

But were they persecuted?

The thing is, you can find worshipers of Ahura-Mazda (the Zoroastrian God) today in Persia.

You know what you won't find today? Any worshipers of Zeus or Odin in Europe. You won't find any worshipers of Quetzalcoatl in Mexico. Why? Because Christians completely wiped them out. We know that in Pre-Christian Rome, Mithras was widely worshiped, but we have no idea what his religion was about today.

While the Muslims encouraged conversion by taxing non-believers, the Christians were straight up murdering people. Because Jesus loves you.
Yes, they were persecuted. The first Arab caliphates were as a whole tolerant to them. They encouraged adopting Islam, but there remained many Zoroastrians (some estimate that not less than 50 % of the conquered Persia) and significant posts of civil administrations were held by them.

Then happened the Mongol invasion and the Turks dynasties. It is when the Zoroastrian heritage was being eradicated by force.

Not only Zoroastrians remained, but also Yezids and Mandeans, for example. Were Muslim rulers more tolerant than Christian ones (based on the fact that indeed, in Europe not only didn't the ancient religions survive, but also disappeared Christian movements which didn't follow the established doctrine)? Well, may be they were. In comparison.

Yes, they were persecuted. The first Arab caliphates were as a whole tolerant to them. They encouraged adopting Islam, but there remained many Zoroastrians (some estimate that not less than 50 % of the conquered Persia) and significant posts of civil administrations were held by them.

Then happened the Mongol invasion and the Turks dynasties. It is when the Zoroastrian heritage was being eradicated by force.

Not only Zoroastrians remained, but also Yezids and Mandeans, for example. Were Muslim rulers more tolerant than Christian ones (based on the fact that indeed, in Europe not only didn't the ancient religions survive, but also disappeared Christian movements which didn't follow the established doctrine)? Well, may be they were. In comparison.

Okay, so here's the thing. The Mongols weren't Muslim, at least not initially. The reason they really wiped out Persia was because some idiot killed Ghengis Khan's ambassadors, and he made an example out of them. Later on, they converted to Islam, but that's a different story.

I stand by my original statement, there's probably been more tolerance in the Islamic World than the Christian one. Not by much, mind you, the problem with Imaginary Sky Fairies is you go completely nuts trying to appease them.

Okay, so here's the thing. The Mongols weren't Muslim, at least not initially. The reason they really wiped out Persia was because some idiot killed Ghengis Khan's ambassadors, and he made an example out of them. Later on, they converted to Islam, but that's a different story.

I stand by my original statement, there's probably been more tolerance in the Islamic World than the Christian one. Not by much, mind you, the problem with Imaginary Sky Fairies is you go completely nuts trying to appease them.
Yeah, the weakest part of every religion is people. Who turn it over to accommodate them and sometimes changing the meaning to the opposite.

Forum List

Back