Who is upset about the shut down?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Last night a strongminded young independent I met in a nonpolitical work situation asked me if I heard any news about the shutdown.

I thought he would be against the shutdown so I tried not to sound too partisan when I mentioned what I heard or what I want. I was very surprised to hear that he was rooting for it. He was delighted to think about how much money would be saved if government shut down.

I pointed out that the unions of the furloughed people would press for backwages so that money would likely still be spent. He thought it would be stupid and wrong if they were paid for days they didn't work; he noted that private union members get laid off all the time without getting backpay.

But bottom line -- the only ordinary non-confirmation-bias-promoting person I've talked with about this was in favor of a gov't shutdown.

What if anything have you heard from people other than the usual suspects in the forums and on the media?

Last edited:
Last night a strongminded young indepependent I met in a nonpolitical work situation asked me if I heard any news about the shutdown.

I thought he would be against the shutdown so I tried not to sound too partisan when I mentioned what I heard or what I want. I was very surprised to hear that he was rooting for it. He was delighted to think about how much money would be saved if government shut down.

I pointed out that the unions of the furloughed people would press for backwages so that money would likely still be spent. He thought it would be stupid and wrong if they were paid for days they didn't work; he noted that private union members get laid off all the time without getting backpay.

But bottom line -- the only ordinary non-confirmation-bias-promoting person I've talked with about this was in favor of a gov't shutdown.

What if anything have you heard from people other than the usual suspects in the forums and on the media?

I've been monitoring forums and comment sections in media all day and it's very tame out there with the exception of progressives screaming "the sky is falling".

All in all quite quiet.

Last edited:
Last night a strongminded young indepependent I met in a nonpolitical work situation asked me if I heard any news about the shutdown.

I could really give a rat's ass that the government is closed.
Good.
Less traffic.
The fuckers don't do anything when they're working anyhow.
Fuck 'em.

Black Jimmy owns this fucking mess.

Since we have an abundance of Gov't ShutDown threads in Politics already and this is a more of a question, it's been moved to General Discussions

"The infirmities and conditions of our bodies are to be found in states and governments. Commonwealths are born, flourish, and fade with old age, just as we do." (Montaigne)

That a man of Obama's character has twice been elected president of this great country and has advertised to put massive numbers of people on food stamps and permanent unemployment; that he would call Bush's 7 trillion dollar deficit "unpatriotic" and then promptly run it up to 17 million and counting; now demanding even more; that he is a prodigy of turpitude; an extravagant and picturesque liar...tells me that our Republic has about reached its dotage, and it looks to the future and sees a vista of calamities without end.

The Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Greeks, the Romans, the British, the Americans.....great civilizations.....all gone or in decline.

We will not be able to blame it all on Obama...but he has greatly sped along our demise. If any young people are actually waking up, as you say...instead of looking for the government tit...it will be a pleasant surprise to us Jeffersonians...and a bitter disappointment to Obama and his Bolsheviks...for he is counting on them to help finish the job...and bury the tired old American corpse.

Well, it's two sides to the Obamacare coin. The Exchanges start up as government shuts down.

:thup:

I saw it first hand today

The same people who were told to give up 20% of their salaries over the summer were given furlough letters and sent home without pay once again

It is what happens when you allow a small group of terrorists to dictate the government

The same people who were told to give up 20% of their salaries over the summer were given furlough letters and sent home without pay once again

It is what happens when you allow a small group of terrorists to dictate the government

Yes, the Senate should be ashamed...but they'd rather put people out of work than give up their subsidies.

Who is upset about the shut down?? Well, mainly it's the cogs in the machine...a.k.a. the federal workers/slaves.

Yes, the Senate should be ashamed...but they'd rather put people out of work than give up their subsidies.

It was just a matter of time before the terrorist hit the Citizens’ Stamp Advisory Committee. Hope they are up and running soon.

Oh here comes the T word again. You mofo's need to stop throwing that around so loosely because one of these days you'll be the terrorist.

Oh here comes the T word again. You mofo's need to stop throwing that around so loosely because one of these days you'll be the terrorist.

Terrorists hurt innocent people in pursuing their agenda. That is what Republicans are doing

Last night a strongminded young independent I met in a nonpolitical work situation asked me if I heard any news about the shutdown.

You rave about someone who is callous? That's *!#@^#@ UP.

Not that I'm surprised by the source, but one more of the same LIE of omission of the facts by another hack is getting old. I guess it's true, repeat the same lie over and over as has been done today and the half wits pick up the chorus.

Not that I'm surprised by the source, but one more of the same LIE of omission of the facts by another hack is getting old. I guess it's true, repeat the same lie over and over as has been done today and the half wits pick up the chorus.
Look, I know you're simply not bright enough to think for yourself, but then, you're a progressive. Independent thought is highly discouraged.

The fact remains the Senate refuses to compromise. Therefore, the shutdown is their fault.

Who's upset about the shut down?

I'm sure the good folk at the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies. There is bound to have been a truckload of Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies work stacking up at a furious pace all day today.

Imagine.

Forum List

Back