who honestly doesn't believe in evolution?

Do you believe evolution is real?

• Yes

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
1. If I don't believe in evolution, how and why would I study it?

I do believe in evolution. Again, the fact that you don't know that evolution says nothing about the origin of life shows how clueless you really are on the issue.

2. Same goes with you and God, you have no belief in God, so you don't study God.

I do believe in God. Stop being a knucklehead and assuming you know something about me that you do not.

[...]

I'm not saying I believe in ghosts, but when my sister was pregnant with her first child, I was two blocks away and could hear her talk. I heard her say "Lemonade? Lemonade will be fine." This was at 2:30 in the morning, I decided that was God telling me not to worry about her and to go to sleep. Next morning, 8am, I walked to the hospital, she still hadn't had the baby and there was an empty pitcher by her bed. I kept looking at it while she was talking to me and finally she said, "Is something wrong?" I asked her if she had lemonade around 2:30 in the morning and she said, "How did you know?" Apparently her water pills made her so dehydrated, they wanted her to drink a lot of liquids so they gave her an entire pitcher of lemonade and made her drink it all.

How did I know? IMO, it was supernatural, meaning other than the 5 senses we all have.
I fully believe what you've described above really happened but I disagree that it was a supernatural phenomenon but was entirely natural and will one day be as clearly understood as are most other electronic phenomena, the basic understanding being rooted in the already demonstrated fact that thought waves are electrical in nature and are transmissible. Why you were able to receive your sister's thought wave is at present subject to speculation but one day will be clearly understood.

I do believe in Evolution, However proven? I think that might go a bit far. There is certainly a lot of Evidence for it, but to say it has been proven when we still lack the Missing link is a stretch IMO.
People tend to vaguely reference the "missing link". Which link, in your opinion, is missing? Genetic? Fossil? The bible not saying so?

Needless to say, it sounds like you agree that regardless of that point, you still see evolution as providing the strongest explanation based on the evidence.

Sorry bout that,

1. If I don't believe in evolution, how and why would I study it?
2. Same goes with you and God, you have no belief in God, so you don't study God.
3. What we have here is a *Mexican Standoff*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I see you went back to completely avoiding my well formed argument: that you have absolutely no refutation of evolution, and can't even point out what you don't believe is correct or convincing.

As for your #1 in the above quote: you don't need to study a topic to have a basic understanding of it. Most non-Christians in the world can understand the basic tenants of Christianity, yet they don't need to study the topic. People who don't have driver's licenses still understand the concept of the gas pedal and steering wheel.

You, in your ignorance, on the other hand, neither attempt to understand nor acknowledge the basics of this topic. And yet you continue to enter threads like this with an opinion on the matter. You say you're not convinced about evolution, and yet time after time show you have absolutely no clue what it is. All you know is that it's not the thing you WANT to believe, and so therefore cannot be acknowledged. Decision without understanding. True ignorance.

Last edited:
[...]Proven? Keep in mind that it is called the THEORY of evolution for a reason. As a theory, it is the most plausable explanation available thru the scientific method.
Evolution is still referred to as a theory because the entire body of irrefutable evidence is not yet established, so until it is established Evolution will continue to be called an inconclusive theory. But enough is known about The Origin of Species to believe in Evolution as it exists in the commonly accepted sense of the word.

I am grounded in the belief that I was created in the image of God, by God, and nobody else created me except for him. However, I am pretty sure my wife evolved from monkeys.

Three monkeys sat on a coconut tree,
Discussing things as they're said to be.
Said one to the other,
"Now listen you two,
There's a certain rumor
That can't be true ...
That man descended from our noble race.
The very idea is sure to disgrace."
"No monkey ever deserted his wife,
Starved her babies and ruined her life.
And you've never known another monk,
To leave her babies with others to bunk,
Or pass them on from one to another."
"And another thing you will never see ...
Is a monk build a fence around a coconut tree;
And let the coconuts go to waste,
Forbidding all the other monks to taste."
"Why, if I put a fence around this tree,
Starvation would force you to steal from me."
"And here's something else a monk won't do ...
Go out at night and get on a stew;
Or use a gun or club or knife,
To take some other monkey's life."
"Yes, man descended ... ornery cuss,
But, brother, ... he didn't descend from us!

~ Author Unknown ~

I am grounded in the belief that I was created in the image of God, by God, and nobody else created me except for him. However, I am pretty sure my wife evolved from monkeys.

Three monkeys sat on a coconut tree,
Discussing things as they're said to be.
Said one to the other,
"Now listen you two,
There's a certain rumor
That can't be true ...
That man descended from our noble race.
The very idea is sure to disgrace."
"No monkey ever deserted his wife,
Starved her babies and ruined her life.
And you've never known another monk,
To leave her babies with others to bunk,
Or pass them on from one to another."
"And another thing you will never see ...
Is a monk build a fence around a coconut tree;
And let the coconuts go to waste,
Forbidding all the other monks to taste."
"Why, if I put a fence around this tree,
Starvation would force you to steal from me."
"And here's something else a monk won't do ...
Go out at night and get on a stew;
Or use a gun or club or knife,
To take some other monkey's life."
"Yes, man descended ... ornery cuss,
But, brother, ... he didn't descend from us!

~ Author Unknown ~

AH!... The old "three monkey" defense! Nice!

i've provided numerous sources and citations to the evidence of evolution. You have provided no refutation, and instead demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the basics of evolution. Then you posted a poem. Worthless.

i've provided numerous sources and citations to the evidence of evolution. You have provided no refutation, and instead demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the basics of evolution. Then you posted a poem. Worthless.

Lighten up dude, it's just a poem.

Sheeeesh.

I post a poem and you go bananas over it. (pun intended)

Thou dost protest much over the trivial. hmmm...

Sorry bout that,

1. In my opinion you can *NOT* believe in evolution and believe in God.
2. Thats seals it, I said it, its done!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You can believe in evolution and believe in God. Just not evolutionism.

I think the burning question is..can you believe in God and Santa..and the tooth fairy.!

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You mean, someone can't believe in evolution and your imagined ideas of God, or perhaps you meant the bible. Hard to believe I know, but the concept of God extends outside of Christianity.

But you know what really makes it hard to believe in evolution? Not having any clue what it is.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You mean, someone can't believe in evolution and your imagined ideas of God, or perhaps you meant the bible. Hard to believe I know, but the concept of God extends outside of Christianity.

But you know what really makes it hard to believe in evolution? Not having any clue what it is.

That's right. People don't believe in fairy tales because they don't have any clue what they are.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why do you apologize in front of every post?

And anyway it is possible to believe in both, in fact IIRC the Vatican even said the two don't contradict each other (evolution says nothing about the existence of a god).

It'a past the little tykes bedtime.. I'm gonna try and soften him up with a bedtime story!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5x3fpfpFI&feature=fvsr]YouTube - House at Pooh Corner[/ame]

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why do you apologize in front of every post?

And anyway it is possible to believe in both, in fact IIRC the Vatican even said the two don't contradict each other (evolution says nothing about the existence of a god).

I'm not sure either, but I'm afraid to say it anoys me because I think the answer would be... "sorry bout that"

Forum List

Back