Zone1 Who coined the phrase, “God is Love?”

Because of a principle and the concept of moral turpitude.

Corrupting another person's morality is wickedness. Which is what the LGBT crowd is all about. They want to corrupt everyone's morals. Tolerance? They have never been about tolerance....they want acceptance, endorsement, and applause.
They will accept nothing less.

Which is why the church has been against these sins forever....the exact same as God. They are not good for you no matter how "good" the momentary pleasures are. In the long term they will destroy you and the society that accepts it and endorses it.

Meaning members LGBT is not about the betterment of a society its very much about its destruction. It's about individualistic pleasure at the expense of others. The church and God has been against that since the beginning of life on Earth in the Garden in Eden.

So if you think that the Church is against LGBT for some archaic reason you are correct....if you think that this is arbitrary you would be incorrect. I have yet to see anyone promoting LGBT without a certain measure of self-righteousness....which only God is Righteous....no one and nothing else is. You can either have God's righteousness and enter into eternal life or you dont....good luck without God's righteousness....I don't think anyone will make it without.
I find it interesting that since 1830, The Book of Mormon has been called the book that teaches the “Pride” cycle. Gay pride is all about demanding acceptance by God Homosexual behaviors. So, people decide to succumb to their challenges because it’s the easy way. From that they change the everlasting gospel to fit their demands.

It it still love if we reprimand our children for playing with matches in our homes? Or is it love to let them choose to light the furniture on fire and burn the house down? Rules for proper conduct in society are necessary for mankind to exist together. God has revealed his laws to show us the right and correct way to live a happy and fulfilling life here on earth and in eternity. To me, God is the revelation of goodness and light and we can have more joy and happiness in our life by living his laws and commandments than by choosing to ignore them. Giving us those rules is an act of pure love.
many murderers were raised with either one or all of the following:

over indulgence by parents
neglect by same
abuse by same

I think at this point in my research on this, it is a combination of 2 or 3, usually 3 of the above (that makes a murderer)

Oh, wait...

Most important thing #4

lack of connection to Jesus and His True Church

#4 should be #1

Because everything is not perfect, and it is impossible to love something--or anyone--who is not perfect?
I was referring to his greed, punishments, jealousy etc. Thats not how you treat people when you "love" them.
Or maybe I am just superior to God.

I was referring to his greed, punishments, jealousy etc. Thats not how you treat people when you "love" them.
Or maybe I am just superior to God.
Ah. The King James version of the Old Testament.

I’m asking this because I was reading an article about David Archuleta’s mother leaving the Church because her son came out as being gay. She said she couldn’t stay because she couldn’t understand the stand of the Church concerning LGBTQ behaviors and actions because she says “God is Love.” God may be love be God also has set commandments and boundaries for our indulgences. Homosexual acts are out of bounds in both old and New Testaments. God destroyed the world with a flood and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah along with many other cities and people for the same things. And Jesus is Jehovah. While God love us, he loves our obedience much more. So, where did this phrase come from?
John Lennon?

Ah. The King James version of the Old Testament.
Ahhh ok. So God didnt want children stoned for being little shits or they had to carry the sins of their Fathers? He didnt really command his psychopathic followers to kill all those helpless children?

Ahhh ok. So God didnt want children stoned for being little shits or they had to carry the sins of their Fathers? He didnt really command his psychopathic followers to kill all those helpless children?
While that is not completely accurate, either, it is closer than King James. Keep studying.

One we can address now is that children carrying the sins of their father. One Biblical verse speaks of how the sins or the hatred of God by the father can affect his children for generations. Think of your own family. Can you think of something someone did, even in their youth, that has affected their second and third generation children. Not hard to come up with something from my own family or in the families of friends. Always seems to be at least one....

Another verse says, The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son... meaning the son will not be held accountable for the crimes of his father--nor the father for the crimes of his son.

Maybe. But He has a VERY poor way of showing it sometimes

ask me and Anathema and countless others
I find it difficult for people to answer this question because we don't all ask the right question about God hand his purpose for the universe and for all of mankind, his children. See, there are times in the past where God showed great love for those on the earth with miracles. And, at the same time, things that you may question why he destroyed civilizations and killed so many of his children? Why would he do that? Without knowing the will and mind of God enough to answer this, you may feel that he's not a loving God and decide not to continue with faith in God. In our Church, we believe we have received revelation on this enough to maybe understand more about how God handles his children on earth. Way too much to write here. But, I'll give you just some partial highlights.
1. We've all existed from the beginning as energy or intelligences
2. Father in Heaven and Mother in Heaven had children with spirit bodies that house our intelligences that have the right to choose good and evil continuing a free moral agency
3. He loves us and wants all those who would like what He has for an inheritance but could not because it requires that we become resurrected glorified celestial beings
4. He established a plan, probably much like one he went through, that gives us the opportunity to come to the earth, receive an earthly body, keep our free moral agency the right to choose good or evil
5. To keep our right to choose moral agency, we could only be tested based on faith on whether we can learn to choose right from wrong
6. Knowing we would make mistake and also sin, Father provided a Savior to atone for our sins if we repent and follow the ordinances, laws and commandments that He establishes
7. God's purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of mankind. But, to do so based on what we want and choose freely.
8. God knows then not all will return with full inheritance in the Celestial Kingdom where he presides in Heaven. But, God will do all he can without interfering with our free moral agency. This includes sometimes realizing that mankind has gone so far from the path to the tree of life that he needs to end it for some of his children so that the others can still have their chance to make it. The Flood, Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, the Egyptian army and so on...He doesn't interfere much.
9. He has provided prophets, apostles, the Light of Christ, The Holy Ghost to help us know His will and plan. It's up to us to find it.
10. So, when he is "angered" and destroys cities as he will at the 2nd Coming of Christ, it's so that as many of His children will have the opportunity to be with Him in Heaven again. Because Lucifer (Satan) is trying to prevent us from reaching heaven let alone the highest degree of Heaven. The war in Heaven has continued here on earth.

So, he has shown love to those who seek Him and desire to be with Him again.

many murderers were raised with either one or all of the following:

over indulgence by parents
neglect by same
abuse by same

I think at this point in my research on this, it is a combination of 2 or 3, usually 3 of the above (that makes a murderer)

Oh, wait...

Most important thing #4

lack of connection to Jesus and His True Church

#4 should be #1
While I believe those create problems in children, that also denies them the right to free moral agency to choose good or evil, murder or life. So, how do those who are abused make it and not murder or cause other problems for themselves and for others. That's where we come in. It's our duty to share Christ's love and His message to all, including those who have or may commit murder and other sins. Also, we need to be willing to stand up for what is right and not hide from the sinners who are taking down the world to a cesspool today. The cure for all that goes bad is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Because everything is not perfect, and it is impossible to love something--or anyone--who is not perfect?
are you saying God is not perfect?

wow...

I'll wait for your answer b4 commenting... but the Word says Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect Mt 5:48

While I believe those create problems in children, that also denies them the right to free moral agency to choose good or evil, murder or life. So, how do those who are abused make it and not murder or cause other problems for themselves and for others. That's where we come in. It's our duty to share Christ's love and His message to all, including those who have or may commit murder and other sins. Also, we need to be willing to stand up for what is right and not hide from the sinners who are taking down the world to a cesspool today. The cure for all that goes bad is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

i never said otherwise.

I just figured free will kind of goes w/o saying

I don't have time to write a publish-worthy dissertation on every topic here... sorry about that

I find it difficult for people to answer this question because we don't all ask the right question about God hand his purpose for the universe and for all of mankind, his children. See, there are times in the past where God showed great love for those on the earth with miracles. And, at the same time, things that you may question why he destroyed civilizations and killed so many of his children? Why would he do that? Without knowing the will and mind of God enough to answer this, you may feel that he's not a loving God and decide not to continue with faith in God. In our Church, we believe we have received revelation on this enough to maybe understand more about how God handles his children on earth. Way too much to write here. But, I'll give you just some partial highlights.
1. We've all existed from the beginning as energy or intelligences

well (as Reagan would say)

u made sense up until this... (after 1.)

NOT

We began our existence in the womb when our parents came together.

(personally, I can't even imagine such a thing--- but ... I digress [you have to know who my parents are/were to know why i say that.... long, strange story...])

i never said otherwise.

I just figured free will kind of goes w/o saying

I don't have time to write a publish-worthy dissertation on every topic here... sorry about that
It’s good you at least write complete thoughts. Many here cannot even write complete sentences.

are you saying God is not perfect?
No. I said everything is not perfect, meaning everything in our own lives.
I'll wait for your answer b4 commenting... but the Word says Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect Mt 5:48
What is the perfect existence: A life where one is born with everything given to them or a life where one must learn to support oneself and others? Do you want a life where you can only love that which is perfect, or do you want to live a life where you learn to love the imperfect as well? Is it worth learning to love the special needs child, or should that child have been made perfect so as not to inconvenience anyone? What is better, to have a perfect house, or to create a loving home where ten people live in a twelve-thousand square foot house? Is it better that no one ever so much as scrapes a knee or catches a cold, or is it better to learn how to care for others?

Personally, I think God created for us the perfect existence--with all its imperfections. What say you?

That would be John who coined the phrase. Or God himself, if you believe every word in the Bible was the word of God, and merely transcribed by the hand of man.

1 John 4:16

If there's any record of someone else coining that phrase before then, I'm not aware of it.
Thank you! :)

Forum List

Back