Who are the real snowflakes and why?

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I see that label being used a lot in the current political environment. Why is the other side snowflakey in your opinion?

I see that label being used a lot in the current political environment. Why is the other side snowflakey in your opinion?

Both "sides" contain large elements that are "snowflakey" as in, overly sensitive and emotionally fragile, the finger pointing and recriminations are nothing more than projection.

"Conservatives currently control every branch of the federal government, and yet they have never sounded so beleaguered in my lifetime. Elite cues still matter in American politics, and it is hard not to notice that the head of the Republican Party reacts like a toddler to any kind of setback. It seems hard not to conclude that conservative standard-bearers have become the real snowflakes in American politics."
...the washington post described rather nicely.

Conservatives also feel oppressed when their discrimination is called out.

If you think the other side shouldn't even have their opinion, you might be a snowflake.

If you are so fragile that hearing an opposite opinion causes you agony and turmoil, then you definitely are a snowflake.

When you actively try to suppress opinions you 1) don't like and 2)cause you emotional pain then you are a fascist snowflake.

Both sides are snowflakes. Just depends on the situation.
People wear their feelz on their shoulders.

You can always tell when a term stings wingers: They try immediately to co-opt it to dilute it.

The Left has tried to co-opt "snowflake", just as the Right has tried to co-opt "fake news".

So far the Right has been far more successful, due to Trump's bully pulpit.

Last edited:
If you got an A in coloring book class, you may be a snowflake.
When you graduate from college and still can't add 2+2, you may be a snowflake.
When you believe that your punk ass is more important than everyone else's, you may be a snowflake.
When you yell from your parent's basement for another soda, you may be a snowflake...

Both sides whine, one side is easily offended. In fact, they're most comfortable when they're offended, which is why they pick apart every word to build something, ANYTHING that will make them feel better about themselves.

But honestly, this is not a good question to be asking, because nature dictates it's liberals who are the snowflakes. This is because GENERALLY speaking, conservatives think practically, while liberals react emotionally. The evidence of this is EVERYWHERE, especially the latter. It's also worth mentioning liberals stole the term to project on their opponents.

EXAMPLE: Bad man rapes and kills a woman.

Conservative reaction: Hang em high and do it quickly.

Liberal reaction: It's wrong to kill a murderer, and despite what some call overwhelming evidence, he may actually be innocent. It's probably not completely his fault anyway, due to a poor up-bringing in a white man's world and/or bad parenting. This man will require love and attention in a safe space over the next 2-3 decades, as he fights for his life through a bureaucratic due process appeal process. Should he eventually find a death penalty, then it will require at minimum 4-5 different types of chemicals, some of which are still in the test phase.

Last edited:
"Conservatives currently control every branch of the federal government, and yet they have never sounded so beleaguered in my lifetime. Elite cues still matter in American politics, and it is hard not to notice that the head of the Republican Party reacts like a toddler to any kind of setback. It seems hard not to conclude that conservative standard-bearers have become the real snowflakes in American politics."
...the washington post described rather nicely.

Conservatives also feel oppressed when their discrimination is called out.
liberals deny it when their hypocrisy is called out also. that's when they run to RACIST and so forth.

Explained many times with links....'snowflake' was a term adopted by DEMOCRATS to describe OTHER DEMOCRATS who were easily offended by anything and everything...and to describe people like the snowflakes who still won't / can't accept the results of the 2016 election. :p

The original "snowflakes", our young people on college campuses who have been turned into raw, open emotional wounds, hyper-sensitive neurotics who can't even stand being exposed to an opposing view, are the real victims here, and let's not forget that.

They're just kids. The perpetrators are those "adults" who have defended and leveraged and enabled them.

Last edited:

If you think the other side shouldn't even have their opinion, you might be a snowflake.

If you are so fragile that hearing an opposite opinion causes you agony and turmoil, then you definitely are a snowflake.

When you actively try to suppress opinions you 1) don't like and 2)cause you emotional pain then you are a fascist snowflake.
^ just perfectly described Trump

'Hillary Lost The Election'

"Nuh-UH! She actually WON the election because she got more 'popularity contest' votes...which SHOULD determine the outcome of the election...and...and...and if you don't agree, well, you're just a big ol' stupid head!"

:p ...snowflake

I do not think snowflake means anything in regards to people. It did in 1941. Those who use the term do so to aggravate the other person who is reading their post. I think they use the term to aggrandize themselves.

If you got an A in coloring book class, you may be a snowflake.
When you graduate from college and still can't add 2+2, you may be a snowflake.
When you believe that your punk ass is more important than everyone else's, you may be a snowflake.
When you yell from your parent's basement for another soda, you may be a snowflake...

Where is my Soda?

Everyone has a snowflake moment but adults admit to their melting while twangers, well they melt over melting...

'Hillary Lost The Election'

"Nuh-UH! She actually WON the election because she got more 'popularity contest' votes...which SHOULD determine the outcome of the election...and...and...and if you don't agree, well, you're just a big ol' stupid head!"

:p ...snowflake

Yeah, I love that one...

These weren't isolated incidents. After the election at least one liberal would no longer talk to me. She cried all day as if she'd lost everything. Kicker is she's intelligent. Snowflake plus intelligent = snowflake.

I walked into an office with 40 people, the LARGE majority of which were liberals, and you could hear a pin drop, not a sound. Someone mentioned the election results in passing, and a gal dove into his cubicle and blew a cork. Next we received an email from management instructing us not discuss the election. That would have never happened had Clinton won. It would have been bells and whistles, and Trump supporters would have taken it.

That my friends is the difference between a snowflake and not:

Last edited:

^ just perfectly described Trump

When has he ever tried to actually silence anyone?

Yelling back is not silencing.

Forum List

Back